1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Warning message after changing code, please help!

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Camryn, Jan 31, 2014.

I recently brought a page from my website into Dreamweaver and added some code than uploaded it back onto my page. Now just that page of the site is in ruins and has this message repeating over and over with small differences (being what line it is on):

Warning
    : include(../MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin/db_conn_open.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/maxamps/public_html/70and100mphclub.php on line 5

I had made the same change to other pages and this problem did not occur. I tried uploading the original file back onto the server and my page still looks like this. I am very worried and I can't figure out how to at the very least get my page back to normal. (even if this means before the changes I want)

Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Camryn

Camryn, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  2. CodeShop

CodeShop Active Member

Best Answers:
    The warning indicates that db_conn_open.php is not present in directory path (MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin). It looks like admin directory.

Here is the solution:
    Open 70and100mphclub.php in dreamweaver and change include path to include('/vsadmin/db_conn_open.php');
    -------------------
    Please update your thread with results after changing include path.

Thanks.

CodeShop, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  3. Camryn

Camryn Peon

Best Answers:
    This is what is already in the page:

<?php
    session_cache_limiter('none');
    session_start();
    ini_set('url_rewriter.tags', '');
    include "MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin/db_conn_open.php";
    include "MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin/inc/languagefile.php";
    include "MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin/includes.php";
    include "MaxAmps/public_html/70and100mphclub.php";
    include "MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin/inc/metainfo.php";?>

So it is already included is it not? Or have I done it incorrectly?
    Thank you for your quick response.

Camryn, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  4. Camryn

Camryn Peon

Best Answers:
    It actually says this warning for many files not just the db_conn_open.php now that I look at it.

Warning: include(MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin/db_conn_open.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/maxamps/public_html/70and100mphclub.php on line 5

Warning: include(MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin/db_conn_open.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/maxamps/public_html/70and100mphclub.php on line 5

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin/db_conn_open.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/maxamps/public_html/70and100mphclub.php on line 5

Warning: include(MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin/inc/languagefile.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/maxamps/public_html/70and100mphclub.php on line 6

Warning: include(MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin/inc/languagefile.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/maxamps/public_html/70and100mphclub.php on line 6

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin/inc/languagefile.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/maxamps/public_html/70and100mphclub.php on line 6

Warning: include(MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin/includes.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/maxamps/public_html/70and100mphclub.php on line 7

Warning: include(MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin/includes.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/maxamps/public_html/70and100mphclub.php on line 7

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin/includes.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/maxamps/public_html/70and100mphclub.php on line 7

Warning: include(MaxAmpsDigital/public_htmil/vsadmin/70and100mphclub.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/maxamps/public_html/70and100mphclub.php on line 8

Warning: include(MaxAmpsDigital/public_htmil/vsadmin/70and100mphclub.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/maxamps/public_html/70and100mphclub.php on line 8

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'MaxAmpsDigital/public_htmil/vsadmin/70and100mphclub.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/maxamps/public_html/70and100mphclub.php on line 8

Warning: include(MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin/inc/metainfo.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/maxamps/public_html/70and100mphclub.php on line 9

Warning: include(MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin/inc/metainfo.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/maxamps/public_html/70and100mphclub.php on line 9

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin/inc/metainfo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/maxamps/public_html/70and100mphclub.php on line 9

Camryn, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like you went and edited a PHP file without understanding what a PHP file IS, you're editing it with dreamweaver, particularly if you relied on that stupid malfing WYSIWYG preview pane garbage - has likely screwed up the whole thing.

Did you keep a copy of the baseline before you edited it? What's the site built in? An off the shelf CMS? A custom script? Since there's PHP there, it's almost NEVER a simple matter of downloading files, opening it up in dreamweaver and making changes.

JUST another reason I don't advocate the use of that overpriced bloated steaming pile of manure; it lets nubes get in WAY over their head thinking things are simpler than they really are.

deathshadow, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  6. CodeShop

CodeShop Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you haven't defined the path correctly. You need to change it according to my previous message and test it. if it will work.

CodeShop, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  7. jamjar919

jamjar919 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The file path is wrong. There isn't the correct file at /MaxAmpsDigital/public_html/vsadmin/db_conn_open.php. I suggest opening your site hosting with a FTP client like FileZilla, and then following the file path. If you can find that same file in another directory, then change the include to reference that.

jamjar919, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  8. adultwordpressthemes

adultwordpressthemes Active Member

Best Answers:
    Change what you have to this:

<?php
    session_cache_limiter('none');
    session_start();
    ini_set('url_rewriter.tags', '');
    include "/home/maxamps/public_html/vsadmin/db_conn_open.php";
    include "/home/maxamps/public_html/vsadmin/inc/languagefile.php";
    include "/home/maxamps/public_html/vsadmin/includes.php";
    include "/home/maxamps/public_html/70and100mphclub.php";
    include "/home/maxamps/public_html/vsadmin/inc/metainfo.php";
    ?>

adultwordpressthemes, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  9. Camryn

Camryn Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for the advice. I was able to find the template that my site was trying to pull this information from and also upload
    a new version of the page.
    DeathShadow, I understand that DreamWeaver will allow us nubes to get in over our heads. Although, I in no way think that web design is a simple process. Do you have suggestions for other programs?
    I use DreamWeaver as an easy way to see the code, and that is all.

Camryn, Feb 11, 2014 IP