1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with setting up a wordpress blognetwork

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by stevepmd1974, Jan 16, 2014.

Hello,
    I have been hearing alot about setting up blog networks and I would like to set one up as I have about 50 domain names but maybe someone here on DP can help me understand the positives of doing this and where dose the making money come into play it sounds very interesting so if anyone has some tips or info please help.

Thanks
    Steve

stevepmd1974, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The only people that suggest this sort of thing are completely clueless seo providers in 3rd world countries.

Ask youself... Can I write compelling content for 50 different websites? If the answer is no, which it should be, don't do it.

All you are going to achieve is destroying any sort of credibility those domains may or may not have.

Sure, you can hurl these up as some sorta half assed affiliate sites and throw dodgy traffic and links at them. You may even make a quick bit of cash but you will effectively render them useless in doing so.

The end result here are dropped domains nitwits are using to sell links on in the link sales board. Its an vicious cycle of stupidity really.

Nigel

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    Nigel Lew, Jan 16, 2014 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  3. stevepmd1974

stevepmd1974 Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your idea on this it dose make sence.

stevepmd1974, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  4. stevepmd1974

stevepmd1974 Member

Best Answers:
    How would you start a blog network or like me who has 50 pretty good domian names what advice would you give me or point me in the right direction.

Thanks again.
    Steve

stevepmd1974, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't really, not in the sense that I would be trying to connect them all for one ultimate goal.

In the case of entirely shifty SEO folks...they literally bother to stick them on a ton of different servers. If you simply want to launch 50 websites I would suggest a VPS or a reseller plan. That way each one has its own cpanel account at least. You can use the skeleton folder and stick wordpress in it so the files are there at least everytime you create an account.

I highly recommend not getting one hosting plan and using 49 addon domains. That just creates a wide range of issues.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  6. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You could create a backlink pyramid to one blog and get a lot of traffic and grow that blog into whatever you want.

ash1ey82, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  7. freedrinx

freedrinx Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you should have many issues with 50 blogs. If you are a serious business and each one is an asset you are building it wouldn't be too hard to manage them as far as building quality content that is easily outsourced and even if your team is built up over time at most you need 5 people watching over 10 sites each.
    If the sites are built correctly and they each make a couple hundred dollars, then you would be creating a self sustaining enterprise.

Not to mention if you build a few of these sites and sell them then you can invest in the creation of better sites down the line.

As far as the statement, "completely clueless seo providers..." they are not the only one suggesting to do this and as I am fully aware- It's easier said than done. (I do not write any of my content. I am not a writer, but I do own a pretty decent company.)

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.

freedrinx, Jan 31, 2014 IP
    Aztral likes this.
  8. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If he has time himself, he can look over them all.

ash1ey82, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  9. freedrinx

freedrinx Active Member

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with you.

freedrinx, Feb 1, 2014 IP
    Aztral likes this.
  10. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Looking over blogs is easy, but getting fresh good content can be difficult.

ash1ey82, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  11. Pantho Bihosh

Pantho Bihosh Member

Best Answers:
    In my own experience- Last year I have setup 100 domains for a client. Why he need 100 domains? Is there any idea, anybody? I think may be. But my view is now clear. As a SEO expert, I know why someone want to setup bulk domains for there work. So, Steve, if you really want, let me some more details about your idea. So I can give you a nice solution. Listen Steve, you sent me a PM & I replied. But you didn't answer me again. Did you? So if you answer me you will get a better idea from me. Thanks.

Pantho Bihosh, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  12. ChrisBenson

ChrisBenson Member

Best Answers:
    Don't let anybody tell you otherwise...including a certain someone on this thread...real SEO's make real money (and lots of it) with their blog networks. There are definitely some precautions to take when building your network, but to answer your initial questions, the purpose behind having your own is you can easily build links from your network sites out to money sites to get them ranked quickly in the search engines. Even with all the updates Google has run in the last couple years, high PR links are still the strongest components to high search engine rankings.

The primary ways to make money from your network are:

1) use it to quickly rank your own sites that make money.
    2) get SEO clients that pay you a flat monthly fee and use it to quickly rank their sites highly.
    3) rent out links from it to others that want to quickly rank their own/their client's sites but don't have their own blog network.

ChrisBenson, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  13. multiplecloud-zid

multiplecloud-zid Member

Best Answers:
    It's likely for blog network depend on type of hosting that your customer setup.

multiplecloud-zid, Feb 15, 2014 IP