1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone Else Experiencing A Super Slow Start To 2014?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by coreygeer, Jan 26, 2014.

My clients that I've been with for a while seem to have dropped off the earth since 2014. It got so bare, that I even went to Textbroker to look for available jobs.

Available jobs on Textbroker: 0
    Available English jobs on iWriter: (ugh... I know) 0

I know things during the first month get a little slow, this happens every year but this year seems horrendous so far. None of my Skype clients have contacted me since the month started and a lot of firms are packing up and abandoning ship.

One client I was working with says his company is disbanding because their entire business was utilizing guest blogs for their clients. Matt basically came out saying that guest blogging is now useless so some people are abandoning their guest blogging services.

That's one possible reason as to why work is becoming sparse. I even subscribed to the RSS feed for the content section here and the only thing I've seen in a few days is a couple of people looking for forum posters.

Anyone else seeing an extremely slow or dying start? Is it time to start dusting myself off and get back into track with web development? lol

coreygeer, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  2. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's normal to see some slowness after Xmas. My January was ok, but that was due in part srom projects I closed in Dec.

it's hard to predict what will happen, but I've been thinking a great deal about new ways to attract clients. Going after them directly, in other words.

I think, though, that there is always a need for quality copywriting. if not blogs, then website content, technical papers, press releases, etc.

I've never tried textbroker or iwriter myself. I tend to get a lot of them from ODesk. and Now, ODesk and elance are apparently merging, so that may make things more efficient.

Ironically, I do better when I get invitations on this site thean I do actively applying to projects.

it's like everything in life, I suppose, the race goes to the swift. We have to be aggressive and actively seek the work. I think that sometimes I do more actual work finding work then I do writing lol.

SCookAAM, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  3. iamalive

iamalive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to chime in here.

Corey has not been getting any jobs because he goes around scamming people and slandering the people who pay him such as me.

iamalive, Jan 30, 2014 IP
    Vick.Kumar likes this.
  4. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I certainly have struck a nerve with this poster. He mumbles random things and I'm not sure he even knows what he's talking about.

Basically, I gave him a shot and did a trial article for him. It took 3 days to be paid and now he's gone on some internet rage and is insulting me in any way possible.

The thread:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...ative-minds-need-apply.2704937/#post-18868082

So now you're going to follow me into every thread and insult me just because I revealed what a nightmare it is to work with people like you?

coreygeer, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  5. iamalive

Best Answers:
    After revealing that you scammed others?
    That is not an insult thats a crime boy
    You are mad because I a m letting others know you have scammed people? :)

Vick.Kumar likes this.
  6. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What on Earth are you talking about? All you're doing is showing all your perspective and potential clients how childish you are.

All I did was make a post in the sales thread warning people of my experience and now, you've gone on some personal vendetta attacking me, my quality, my mother and calling me a racist for some reason? Also, you had no reason to bring that discussion here, you could have kept it there but I've struck a nerve so deep, you're just going to keep insulting me wherever I go.

coreygeer, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  7. iamalive

Best Answers:
    The following sunny boy.

Still waiting on the answer here:
    Why not go and make up with the person you scammed in the first place
    and deliver him what he paid for?

All I am doing is warning others not to work with you sunny boy.
    I am doing them a fava' ya get it?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    Vick.Kumar likes this.
  8. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    Wow. Okay. Well, I'm going to respond to the original question. It seems normal to have a lull after Xmas like some people who responded has said. It usually picks up in the spring, or maybe sometimes by Valentine's Day.

Alyssa Lochmore, Jan 30, 2014 IP
    SCookAAM likes this.
  9. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think there is a time and a place for the airing of grievences, but perhaps not here. Do you have personal experience with Cori, Gregevskye? if not, it might be wise to stay out of it. You never know what the real truth is, sometimes. Anyone can say anything online.

Could it be that this person who you believe Cori scammed is in fact putting out false info? I don't know either way, my point is only that discretion is the better part of valor.

I don't want to get in the middle of anything, just a bit of food for thought, is all.

SCookAAM, Jan 31, 2014 IP
    awundrin likes this.
  10. iamalive

Best Answers:
    Including his royal retardedness Corey ;)

As seen with my experiences with him he does not seem of a person of high integrity nor holds himself above petty lies. See thread quoted above.
    Pretty Ironic how this comes above water when Corey was trying to attack my person regarding payments ( he got paid by me even when the work was unusuable for me, say what you want about my work methods but I am honest which cant be said about Corey)

If I have to put a warning out to protect other buyers from dealing with a known ( declared if you will yea?) scammer, I will do so everytime.
    I have contacted the affected person on skype and heard her story who Corey stole from and even asked Corey to deal with her
    His reaction? to hide and keep his stolen funds from this innocent lady
    Pretty low if you ask me no matter what 6 feet of stench that discretion may try to hide

iamalive, Jan 31, 2014 IP
    Vick.Kumar likes this.
  11. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Lol, so this guy continues to insult me where ever I go, I report him and nothing happens. Nice.

He put out a WTB thread in the content section, I labeled my experience of working with him as horrible (which it was) and now he's blatantly insulting me everywhere I go.

He called me a scammer, a racist, a retard, he insulted my mother, etc. I've reported every single one of his posts yet he continues to do so.

After I called out what a pain he was to work with, he immediately switched his focus to me being a scammer or something and insinuated that I stole $50. I have people who have paid me upwards of $1,000 with absolutely no problems.

What I said was, it took you three days to process payment and that you wanted people to be online all the time when you nor your partner were never online. Let it go. I'm tired of you following me and insulting me. If you have something to say to me, I have an inbox. It's amazing how angry one client gets when you warn others about what a headache they are working with. You following me around everywhere insulting me just proves my point. I'm reporting this post too but I doubt anything will come of it.

coreygeer, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  12. ndy

ndy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am sure people have paid you with no problems, but you know very well that I paid you for a set of articles which were not delivered. I have tried to contact you via various forums since - Facebook, Skype, Paypal, private messages here - you either ignore them or block me. You can say that I insinuated that you stole $50.00 but I have the messages and emails to back it up, so its really not a problem to prove it. Even better, you could just pay me back my money and I can save us both the trouble of having to write and read these pleas for my cash back.

ndy, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  13. Vick.Kumar

Vick.Kumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with you 'gregevskye'. Corey here had attempted to bring down sales on a post I made in the content section looking for workers to post tutorials on a forum of mine. He had acted like the prices offered was too good for him, but after reading this I don't believe his worth a cent and nor can he perform good quality work.

He was complaining about expecting higher pay for higher quality work when clearly it has proved here that he just wants to pro claim he can produce high quality work, and just scam people instead.

Thank you 'gregevskye'. You have brought out the truth about Corey, and have protected other potential clients or customers of Corey. I think we should do a group vote to have people like this removed from here.

I recently did a PHP WordPress plugin for a client, and he had paid $40 via PayPal. Then the rest through bank transfer as we're in the same country. After completing this he had 'assumed' I would be doing him more work, and projects for 'free'. This is pathetic. I think people like Corey should be removed from this forum, but then again he would just make a new account. So lets just leave him be, and we should all take this as a lesson, and learn from it.

I've come to a conclusion that Corey is a scammer, and I had reported him for attempting to bring my business down but clearly the staff of DP didn't seem to care nor remove his posts. I hope anyone that is reading this makes sure they do not assosicate them selves with Corey in present, and in future. We work hard to earn our money, and income not to give it away to greedy people who just want to scam, and can type English properly so they sound professional, and smart on a forum. This is a great example of deception towards honest consumers.

I just read this on his profile:
    From his twitter apparently. Apparently us consumers paying him our hard earned money isn't good enough for him yet he scams more than 2 people on this thread. Who's being cheap now. Hahaha such a funny guy even his head looks like a egg.

Vick.Kumar, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  14. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's amazing how bitter these people get. When their price range is insulted, they take such a sweet and bitter vengeance against people who do it.

Now, was this necessary? I don't know if you're a friend of this guy but if you have a problem with me or my work, you can take it to my inbox. Wait, I remember you now. You're the guy who wanted PHP Tutorials for $2.

So, because I and others refuse to write for the prices you were offering, we're scam artists and we should be removed from the forums? No, it's in fact people like you who need to be purged from this forum. DP is a great community with real clients who are willing to pay for writers that have self respect. It's people like you, who come in, offer sub-human rates and expect NY times quality that ruin the forum.

Then, you get so upset once a perspective writer calls you out on your pricing structure. Do you think all of these writers are angry at you just because of your pricing? No, I for one try to warn people against hiring cheap writers because I've been there and I've seen the results of the work first hand.

Also Vick, you were just insulting everyone in the post and kept referring to this place as full of Indians or cheapskateforum. If anyone should be on the end of a ban-hammer, it's you.

How is this racist prick not banned yet?

Not only that, you were looking for PHP DEVELOPERS to develop tutorials for $2. I'm not the only writer who called you out as a slave-driver if you take a look at your very own post.

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...lopers-to-write-tutorials-on-a-forum.2704832/

That's not a typo folks, that's his own words from his own post.

Then he went on to post this:

coreygeer, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  15. Vick.Kumar

Vick.Kumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Typical scam artist attempting to change the topic off himself onto others, haha I'm glad no one hires you anymore. By the looks of things you're the only one who's having a 'super slow start'. hahahahahahah

Vick.Kumar, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  16. ndy

ndy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps you could reply to my inbox message from yesterday then??

[​IMG]

ndy, Feb 1, 2014 IP
    iamalive and Vick.Kumar like this.
  17. impishme84

impishme84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been through the same situation... and it was all coz of the holiday and Christmas and New Years... So people promise you to send work but never turn up and Skype looks like a dead man's land... Horrifying :p ...However, the last week was pretty good.

impishme84, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  18. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm just going to have to block/ignore both of them.

I've reported insulting messages to the mods each time they post one but they don't care. How it's gone this far is beyond me. I just find it so amazing how angry people get when you refuse to write for them.

Vick is angry because he wanted web development tutorials done for $2.
    Adam is angry because I revealed my experience working with him in his thread to warn other writers.
    Then we have another one following me around because I refused to write for his pricing.

It just amazes me so much, that once you refuse to write for someone's cheap pricing structure, they get so angry that they'll take time out of their day to follow you around and harass you. The mods haven't done anything about either of them, so I guess my only choice is now is to block/ignore them both and move on. I'm sure they'll continue to follow me into posts and insult me, but what can you do?

coreygeer, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  19. Vick.Kumar

Vick.Kumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    no one cares about your life story this is digitalpoint not shareyourlifestorypoint

Vick.Kumar, Feb 1, 2014 IP
    iamalive likes this.
  20. brandoMarks

brandoMarks Active Member

Best Answers:
    I feel that if this many people are saying things to the writer, he should take this into consideration if it is true and not argue with his past customers on a forum making it look like you did scam these people. I have been scammed by a d- bag travis petelle and his crappy products and he insulted me and told me to F- off and I gave him hell on rip off report and pissed consumer etc. and all he can do is deny and say that he was right, the fact is, if you were right and you did good service or returned the money....Then all these people would not be attacking you with such tenacity. I for one hate when people rip off others, as then it just makes people scared to do biz with smaller companies like me and others and sends people to want to then just go shop at amazon and Ebay cause they have buyer protection and then you mess it up for the rest of us.

I want to thank Vick.kumar and Gregevskye
    for telling the truth and working against this and telling us the facts...I have noticed that unless you really piss somone off they will not follow you around all the time and write negative things about you, unless they are your competition and that is usually rare. It is very time consuming to go around commenting on a scam that someone did. The way that corey answered the concerns just makes him look like he is a scammer just by the way he responds. This is the same way that travis petelle responded to me after not returning product that was crap and I only had for one day and wanted to refund, then when he did not return it and called me names then I started following him and his videos and pissing him off and the only response he had was this person has no reason to say this and that he was just doing what he felt was right, but never comment on whether they returned the money or not and why. no People like this will focus on confusion and say that they can't remember or that they have had lots of people go through the course or use their services and they were happy etc. Just because some were happy does not justify screwing another over. I have found people that lie like to focus on how many people "don't" have a problem with you and act like they did nothing wrong and accept no fault. When Really if you wanted to solve the problem you would address their concerns and then give a refund., if they were not satisfied with the work.... I am assuming that a return guarantee was a upfront selling point to get people to pay in the first place, then after someone wants a refund you don't give it to them and now you have a enemy for life. You should just apologize and return the money to Vick.kumar and Gregevskye. I feel like you must have done enough to them for them to want to follow you around and tell the world how bad you are.

brandoMarks, Feb 12, 2014 IP
    iamalive likes this.