1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do YOU use LinkedIn?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Joe@AdPatron, Jan 26, 2014.

I just joined LinkedIn last month. Curious to hear how some of y'all use it. What get's people noticed the most?

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 26, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  2. aceriker

aceriker Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi
    The main purpose of using linkedin is to

1. Attract your business clients.
    2. You'll be getting larger per deal purchases.
    3. Easy and shorter cycles of your sales.
    4. It is easy to generate new leads.
    5. Accelerate to market opportunities.
    6. Able to maintain longer client life cycle.
    7. Getting inbound leads consistently.
    8. Make you to create a targeted tribe or online communities.
    9. You can also increase the visibility for your brand.
    10. You will be the consistent brand ambassadors.

aceriker, Jan 27, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  3. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    That's not what I asked.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  4. Sarah Davis

Sarah Davis Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use it for connecting to like minded people in my area of work. You can learn lots of things from various people, and it can also be used for driving traffic to your site and attracting clients. It's definitely one of the best professional networks out there, everyone in internet marketing should aim to use it.

Sarah Davis, Jan 27, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  5. xendurinan

xendurinan Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't like linkedIn. Actually it's not profitable for my business. I think facbook is always best.

xendurinan, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  6. OlegLola

OlegLola Active Member

Best Answers:
    Could you share a technique? Is it that easy?

OlegLola, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  7. Sarah Davis

Sarah Davis Active Member

Best Answers:
    Xendurinan, it really comes down to how you use it. It's very professional & can take time to build credibility. They're also very strict with the content that is posted.

I've found groups relevant to your target market are great to connect with people & share your message.

Sarah Davis, Jan 31, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  8. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use Linked In to connect with others who share or may share an interest in my niche.

danasurvey, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  9. dedideals

dedideals Member

Best Answers:
    Just to connect to potential leads, contacts and so on, don't go on it much though

dedideals, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  10. Socialseo

Socialseo Member

Best Answers:
    Working linkedin is pretty slow. Unless you pay for paid membership. Not worth it to me. I'm sure you can find a lot of networking and partnership though. Just other things work faster.

Socialseo, Feb 14, 2014 IP
  11. Catzy

Catzy Member

Best Answers:
    Linkedin is really great as a tool if you are job searching. There are so many people that have found jobs using them...I have found many clients through them. And every time I worked with a client who has Linkedin, I have them to personally comment post on my linkedin page...so that other clients can view their comments. I usually join the groups in my field to connect with others and get referrals/leads. I received a major client through an employee whom I had on my page. There are also many "groups" you can join, and while posting they give you pointers/leads. Just like DP, great free information!! I suggest reading Linkedin for Dummies. Because many pages are not set up correctly, and will not work for you if its not set up right! Cheers,

Catzy, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  12. mbanj

mbanj Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do have success using the platform, it also
    gives your business more exposure. And remember
    members of LinkedIn are Professionals so for you to
    be successful in LinkedIn you have to provide a killing
    needs these Professionals really need to help grow and
    improves their business.

mbanj, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  13. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've used linkedin to get projects in the past, as well as to hire projects. At one point I produced a radio show related to local Las Vegas businesses, and since I had several hundred Vegas connections I was able to use LI as a sales tool, as well as a tool to find interview guests to come on the show. Most recently I did some work putting together an industry convention. I sent a feeler email out to my LI contacts and booked 90% of my speakers through the site. In fact, I received about 6x as many speaker applications as I had open spots. I also keep a business page updated on there, which seems to do better than my facebook page (fewer follows, but more clicks through to my site).

I guess it depends on what type of activities you're interested in. If you're blogging about misc stuff and just want to get paid for some clicks on ads, then facebook or twitter are probably better suited to you. However, if you're looking for serious business connections, then LI can not be beat.

FYI, I am an open-networker, so if you're looking to add another connection, send me a PM and I'll give you my profile link + email addy so you can add me.

Foxxy, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  14. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use LinkedIn to represent the company for whom I work as a person with my own profile. I also connect with other professionals who might also be involved in a similar position as me (Public Relations Director). However, I also use it to help promote the software my company sells.

BoostSoftware, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  15. Clark Media

Clark Media Peon

Best Answers:
    Right now I'm not using LinkedIn a lot, but when I did in the past it was more for business-to-business sales (B2B) and now I'm focused more on consumers. So I would use it for networking with other business owners and potential referral partners. For me it was kind of like a virtual networking meeting at the Chamber of Commerce, where I introduced myself to other people who were "friends of friends" in my network, and found ways to help make introductions for others. I did get several referrals that way for new business clients. It worked great for me, but does take a lot of time and patience and you can't be spammy about it. Be genuine about looking for ways to help people and connect people.

Clark Media, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  16. LeadMaster

LeadMaster Peon

Best Answers:
    We have a business page that we keep up to date and attracts new potential clients. Also posts in related groups from time to time.

LeadMaster, Feb 21, 2014 IP