1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO “experts’ are idiots

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Karolwf, Jan 26, 2014.

SEO “experts’ are idiots - most of them.

And this is not only my opinion. They even don’t understand what they’re talking about.

1. First they discovered meta description and keywords.

2. They invented Black hat and Withe hat SEO methods.

3. They forced you to have gazillion of backlinks. Now they want you to remove those links - not for free of course.

4. Now they want you to have HTML5 Doctype.
    DocType and CSS have nothing to do with SEO !!!!

Every day I have in mailbox many emails from SEO “experts” starting with my favorite so far: “The New Approach to SEO“.

Please stop offering this crap. Remember - next Panda, Penguin or lets say Snowmen will clear your idiotic ideas.

For website owners - think about your site, content and you’ll be good. If you have nothing to offer - don’t waste your time.

Karolwf, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  2. Amarkolom

Amarkolom Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well said Karolwf,

Actually maximum people learn seo by reading others blog , when they got idea what is seo - they stop learning and maximum people do not try to keep them up to date. They never know what algorithm for what and they never try to learn. That's why when think seo is only link building :)

Amarkolom, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  3. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most consultants are just trying to get the most money out of you.

ash1ey82, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  4. tommy6336

tommy6336 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have hundreds of clients and I've yet to send out one of those spammy looking emails :D

Results speak for themselves ;)

I was going to like your post but I can't yet :(

tommy6336, Jan 26, 2014 IP
    oblivion19 and Ade Vitan like this.
  5. weeble

weeble Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Experts don't send messages like the ones you're describing. Instead of complaining you may want to join several higher quality email lists...

weeble, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  6. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. most of them are squeezing the money out of you. upsells and product promotions... mots of the time they're rubbish.

John Eulizer Nimo, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  7. tommy6336

Best Answers:
    Agreed.

Most of the time they are just doing a churn and burn method where they will either take your money and get you high rankings right away and hurt your site. Or they will take your money and claim they are working but in reality they're not doing anything. And if you paid with your paypal, they're just waiting for that 45 day mark so they can stop talking to you :(

And if you were to complain, they might send you a small report of backlinks that they paid someone on fiverr to do for $5 and say "We are working on your site, no worries." lol.

Scammers and "Gurus" make the good guys look bad.

tommy6336, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  8. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used to really hate the sleazy uneducated "SEO expert", but now days I just don't care and I kind of think the uneducated consumer really helps create the industry for them. I get clients all the time say things like -
    -"I need to be on the front page of google for ___" "well if you cannot guarantee the front page I will take my business elsewhere to someone that will"
    -"I need to be on the first page of Google.. I will give you $300 now and $300 when you get me on the first page.."

I just tell most of the uneducated idiots I cannot help them and they puff off and say "I will find someone who can" and I am sure they will find someone to take their money and tell them the story they want to hear. Most are new site owners and have no concept of any kind of SEO work or realistic results so why would anyone even waste time.. They put 30 keywords in the meta tags and buy 1001 robot backlinks for $5 and get the same results "Why am I not on the front page..."

Some people just deserve each other.

averyz, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  9. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The main misconception of consumers, built on earlier years of talk about the role of SEO in internet marketing, is that one can "set and forget" the high ranking of a site if it was originally created in a sound fashion. Alas, Google has tried every algo change in the book to ensure that the labor involved to maintain a high ranking or authority is a never-ending process, and to cut out or shut down every workaround to its intention to make every site owner grunt away working manually on their sites forever more.

Because consumers don't understand this, they tend to expect more permanent and higher results than are realistic, based on the short term and low-ball prices they are willing to pay. They want 'guaranteed' results that can't be honestly projected, and refunds after weeks or months of work put in by the optimizer. IM clients frequently want their sites permanently ranked high for keywords that are too competitive to rank, or to stay ranked for (as too many rivals are optimizing their sites for the same basic keywords).

They also decline to think beyond SEO or ranking in the search engines, to find other methods of gaining targeted traffic on a reliable, long term basis. If they did, they would learn that a combined use of video marketing on Youtube, careful linking using Yahoo Answers, social signals, and similar tactics could produce that steady, direct human click through traffic, exactly in the "set it and forget it" manner they were looking for in the first place. Until this understanding sinks in, expect the over-emphasis on SEO to lead to more over-promising by "experts," and more over-expectations by consumers as to what can be achieved or sustained.

melprise, Jan 27, 2014 IP
    monfis likes this.
  10. tommy6336

Best Answers:
    Lmao, I know exactly what you mean :D

I've had someone pay me and then tell me that their main keywords are "google, yahoo, youtube, and bing"

I instantly refunded them and let them know that their keywords are almost impossible to rank for.

tommy6336, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  11. link.sudipto

link.sudipto Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Karolwf,
    You cannot put them all in the same box and exception always proves the rule. “SEO expert” is only a term and we definitely cannot deny them. Although we do not need to bother too much about that if, we think about think about the overall industry people who are practicing over Internet (like you & me). There are methodical ways for every industry and many follow that path. I am agreed with you about irritating emails. Many people (including me) also get many regularly. There are certainly expert people who are experienced and aware about Google algorithms. You right about indicating their SEO knowledge too. However, for any general people, just thinking about the site and content will not get his website up to the mark if he/she does not know anything about SEO factors. A little learning is a dangerous thing. Therefore, we have to take caution when stepping forward. The funny thing is distinguish is whether a company/people is expert or not. Best wishes for all SEO experts. :)

link.sudipto, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  12. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is true and I laugh a bit when I see this thread because it really happen until now. How about the other people that are claiming they are the so-called professionals and experts in SEO and their trademark is "we can guarantee your site in the first page of the search results" I'm wondering why did they always say that on their clients.

KylieSweet, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  13. Stuart Walker

Stuart Walker Member

Best Answers:
    There's a handful of SEO 'experts' I trust and that's because they have shown me I can trust them.

People like Brian Dean over at Backlinko and Matthew Woodward are 2 that most spring to mind.

Brian uses really clever methods to get natural links that I've never seen mentioned anywhere else. It's intelligent SEO.

Stuart Walker, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  14. Dittmoe

Dittmoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree that most of the experts are idiots but not for the reasons that you mentioned.

Most experts make stuff up or rely on data that they read somewhere one time. They don't have any type of real world experience and pimp the next big SEO toy and gadget that will make you rank in one click.

What I find are those that don't talk much about being an expert are generally the experts and those that are in the "expert" roles don't really have a clue.

Dittmoe, Jan 28, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk and Spoiltdiva like this.
  15. JithinC

JithinC Member

Best Answers:
    When Google continues coming out with algorithmic updates what else should an SEO "expert" do other than changing strategies accordingly ?

JithinC, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  16. Traficprovider

Traficprovider Member

Best Answers:
    lOl !!

Well, You right about that!
    You should be aware of 'Expert' OR 'Guru' SEOers..... ;)
    Cool Post!

:cool:

Traficprovider, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  17. Victoria Montoya

Victoria Montoya Member

Best Answers:
    he what is this guys seo experts are idiots...my god its really an interested topic

Victoria Montoya, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  18. SEOArbiterJoanne

SEOArbiterJoanne Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are people who lie, cheat, steal, mislead and scam in just about every industry. This is not at all specific to the SEO/IM world.

SEOArbiterJoanne, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  19. Karolwf

Karolwf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have changed my mind. They are not just idiots, they are pathetic idiots.

Today had email from SEO idiots:
    "I work in the organic acquisition team for site.com and am trying to remove some backlinks pointing to our site.
    This request is not a criticism of your website but associated with a new, very strict company policy...."

Karolwf, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  20. monfis

monfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, there are experts out there - the matter is, they don't call themselves alike. In September I asked for help with a new site. It was a month old and Google traffic was stale at about 50 uniques per day. The guy didn't ask for money, he just wanted to be sure that I can keep adding fresh and unique content at least 2 times a week, which I did. Then he started to tell me what to do, what to improve and what to change. By today my site is found for 3389 search terms and less than 20 are NOT on first page (stats from WMT) in the health/acne niche with more than 25.000 monthly clicks from google search. That's what I call an expert.

monfis, Feb 1, 2014 IP