1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Bulk Email Still Work?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by junior777, Jan 29, 2014.

One thing that I've noticed about marketing online is that many of the methods that people supposedly detest are some of the best methods for me personally.

I don't know of a lot of people out there who will openly come out and say that they are doing bulk email effectively in 2014, but I know that after a lot of experimentation I have been seeing some fairly decent results.

As a result of one of my bulk emails that I sent the other day I generated a $400 sale so I think it's safe to say that bulk email works if you have a good strategy.

I'm curious to know if anyone else is having success using bulk emailing TODAY? (not back in 2000)

junior777, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  2. Boardwalk

Boardwalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's still an effective strategy. The conversion rate depends on the quality of your list though. :)

Boardwalk, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  3. DatingExpert

DatingExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes of course it works but you need to send them effective and good offers.

DatingExpert, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  4. tuk485

tuk485 Member

Best Answers:
    As they say "The money is in the list"
    If you have a rubbish list then no matter what you try and sell you won't get very far.

If you have a good list then you will make money every time you send a related offer out.

tuk485, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  5. Hama

Hama Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I think it depends on the content of the email and the overall structure and design of the email. I do think that bulk email does still work, but you will have to admit that it is less effective compared to the early 2000's.

Hama, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  6. vats121

vats121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it still works but only if you provide your customers with value ie offers that will help them

vats121, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  7. IsayHey

IsayHey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It works, but as other people have said in this thread, you must attract the user more and make sure that the offer you are showing them is of good value and is something that they'd be interested in. Otherwise people will just get annoyed with the emails and un-subscribe, which is something you do not want to happen.

At least it stops people from spamming because people just won't click on it these days.

IsayHey, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  8. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    It works if you have a targeted list.

Dionne Taylor, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  9. Asif Aziz

Asif Aziz Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on how you treat your list. The key is good conversion! How responsive is your list?

If you constantly bombard them with sales promotions & dont provide any useful free content, you're conversion will be atrocious. If you treat them well & build a relationship with them then you can make good money from you list.

Don't always hit them with a sales pitch. Offer free content, freebies from time to time, do quizzes & offer prizes and you should see some good returns.

Az

Asif Aziz, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  10. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, e-mail marketing is still considered to be a very effective method to improve your sales and to keep your clients engaged. I agree with Asif that you need to make your e-mails a mix of information, contests and sales. Mix it up so that your list doesn't always have the same expectation of what will be inside. Be creative so that they will want to open the e-mail over sending to the spam box.

JPC-Sabrina, Jan 30, 2014 IP
    Asif Aziz likes this.
  11. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Not to be a party pooper, but bulk emailing has never worked well for me. It seems like most email providers would consider anything as spam if it wasn't addressed personally to the sender. I read somewhere that 70% of emails that are sent as bulk ends up in spam boxes.

qwikad.com, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  12. Henry Calvin

Henry Calvin Member

Best Answers:
    Not exactly. I don't believe that email marketing is even working anymore. Because email marketing is only done if some one has actually subscribe to a website. But otherwise i have noticed that any other random email gets deflected right into the junk mail.

Henry Calvin, Feb 7, 2014 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  13. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    Bulk email can work if you have a compelling, non-spammy subject line. I open the ones that make me believe that there's something interesting in them that I'd want to read. I can't stand the ones with exclamation points and "f.ree" and other crazy tactics to sloppily get it to me. It turns me off. I'd make my campaigns based on what impresses me.

Alyssa Lochmore, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  14. Akash47

Akash47 Member

Best Answers:
    Content. People in the list. Your business.
    Those are the three things that affect how effective bulk-email will be for you. If any one of those three points is weak, there's no use trying bulk email as an option.
    Build a good list.
    Write well.
    Sell people something they might genuinely be interested in.

Akash47, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  15. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:

Are you using CPA? How do you send out these emails? I actually have a list here, but I don't know what to do with it because I'm afraid of spam complaints. How's your inboxing rate by the way?

John Eulizer Nimo, Feb 10, 2014 IP