1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress login on Home page

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Kojas Solutions, Jan 26, 2014.

Hello DP users,

I'm creating a website that is membership based. And I wanted to make the homepage www(.)mywebsite(.)com the login page.

Can somebody tell me how to do it? I've tried dozens of ways, i've googled it, but nothing seems to work.

Thank you!

Kojas Solutions, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  2. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would say the best bet would be to hire a freelancer from a site like Elance.com, Freelancer.com, odesk.com, and find someone with a good past rating. I bet you can get exactly what you need for around 15-20 bucks. Also, you will gain a valuable resource for any questions you may have in the future. Doing things yourself is always a great way to save money, but sometimes the stall in development ends up hurting you in the long run.

Matthew Sayle, Jan 26, 2014 IP
    Vick.Kumar likes this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sarahk, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  4. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just integrate the login widget on your home page.

creativewebmaster, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  5. LGRComp

LGRComp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are still looking another way of doing it is to use a plugin called Theme My Login. Lets you put the login widget where ever you want really and will make the login and other profile pages match your theme.

It is here in the WordPress plugin repository.
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-my-login/

LGRComp, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  6. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Your current theme should have even a front_page.php or home.php inside the root folder. You can modify one of the mentioned files, or you should do a custom template , assign it to a new page, and go set this from Settings->Reading -> A static page and select that page as homepage. Inside that template you can use as sarahk mentioned above, a WordPress predefined function to display a login form: wp_login_form() . This will be the safest way to create the wanted login form.

Hefaistos, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  7. Pantho Bihosh

Pantho Bihosh Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    You can do the work in two way- one is, you can write custom code for that & other one is, you can install & activate a plugin. If you want to use plugin, I suggest you "Theme My Login" Plugin. Here is the link- http://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-my-login/ . Hope this plugin can help you for your necessity. If you need anymore help feel free to ask to me. Thanks.

Pantho Bihosh, Jan 30, 2014 IP