1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain registrar doesn't allow more than 1 year- worth switching?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nickywalker, Jan 22, 2014.

Hi there,
    I currently have a domain that is hosted with 1and1 and they are also the registrar.
    Recently I've seen a lot of talk that domains that are about to expire can hinder your SEO efforts.
    My problem (that I've only just discovered) is that 1and1 only allow you to register domains for 1 year at a time.
    Does anyone think it's worth the effort to change registrar (in order to set the expiration date in 5 or so years) for my SEO efforts or do you think the change in itself could do more harm than good?
    -Nicky

nickywalker, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  2. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, i think you should move forward and change the registrar and i don't think changing itself could do more harm than Good !! :)

John Dave, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  3. My Property Stores

My Property Stores Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, changing registrar is good option for you

My Property Stores, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  4. Boardwalk

Boardwalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Transfer to a different registrar. Also avoid using one company as your registrar AND host.

Boardwalk, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  5. nickywalker

nickywalker Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, lesson learnt, don't use one company to register and host and if you do, don't use 1and1!

nickywalker, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  6. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dude, change registrars. My friend works at 1and1 and she tells me everything about how they manage domains... especially the technical errors they have. Depending on the severity, complaints can pile up unsolved for more than a year. And one more thing, their domains don't offer whitelabeling... (This'll come in handy if you're going for a high inbox rate if you're into email marketing.) As far as I know they're the only ones who don't offer whitelabeling.

John Eulizer Nimo, Jan 28, 2014 IP