1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the Future of SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Devprakash, Jan 27, 2014.

Everyday, Google decrease the limit of backlinks. Everything is under Google penalty. Now it is very hard or impossible to gain a backlink. You cannot ask for link. You cannot do any activity to gain backlink. Facebook/Twitter likes won't help in Search Ranking.
    around 1-2% sites ranked again after Penguin/Panda updates.
    Now what is the future of SEO?

Do we have to stop seo activity.

Devprakash, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  2. Rajesh Galgalikar

Rajesh Galgalikar Member

Best Answers:
    i don't think so we have to stop seo activities. Blogging is good activity to gain your traffic and rankings. Google only wants quality, if you go for quality posting you get good results.

Rajesh Galgalikar, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  3. Solar Oblivion

Solar Oblivion Member

Best Answers:
    Future of SEO? YouTube, it's best that you start to learn how to SEO YouTube videos as they have a lot of earning potential in IM.

Solar Oblivion, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  4. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google is turning more and more search results in paid listings, if they can make everyone remove all backlinks and seo they are stuck in google and will eventually have to resort to adsense and paid listings.

I am not going to destroy backlinks for google.. and I am not going to stop doing seo for other search engines just to please google(who will screw everyone in the end).

I have seen other search engine come and go. People thought AOL was "the internet" then people got tired of ads and spam then it was Yahoo they were king. Search engines do not stay on top for ever that is why investors and shareholders want aggressive returns and aggressive returns do not come from free listings.

Free listings are a damage to profit, google and share holders see attempts to rank without pay as parasitic bugs on their profit model. They are not trying to help you they are trying to make you pay.

averyz, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  5. Owl Writer

Owl Writer Member

Best Answers:
    SEO does not have to stop the activity, in fact I think this activity is useful for both themselves and for others. We hope that google gives a wise policy that does not undermine the bloggers.

Owl Writer, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  6. mikeid22

mikeid22 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In all honesty, I think working at raising the authority of both your site and yourself as an industry authority will help.

In addition, build social relationships and EARN links - A truly earned, organic link is not very likely to cause ANY issues with Google. It's tough to do, I agree, but then most worthwhile things are hard in some way or other!

Work at creating amazing content and striking up relationships on social networks - NOT because of 'social signals' for ranking, but because this kind of networking can lead to greater overall success, establish your authority in the industry and also may in fact lead to some pretty amazing backlinks that you'd otherwise struggle to gain (people you connect to socially and converse with on a regular basis are MUCH more likely to link to your than they would some stranger that's sent them a request via email!).

I wrote an ebook/guide thing on this subject - it's free here: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/free-guide-to-seo-in-2014.2703867/ maybe that will help?

Good luck :)

mikeid22, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  7. weeble

weeble Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No the future is getting social networks to pick up your pages. If you want to keep ranking you'll need to start putting out content that gets shared and liked all over FB and Twitter. Too many people took advantage of the algorithm and kind of ruined link building as now that's looked down upon as black hat.

So essentially the future is viral content. Everything else has kind of been devalued

weeble, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  8. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if i talk about the future of SEO its really very dark as Google has been started in imposing limits day by day. I am getting a feel that soon SEO will become a dictionary word which will be learned by small kids that in our history SEO like thing was there they use to optimize the website by using black hat or white hat techniques to gain ranking in the search engine.

John Dave, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  9. Devprakash

Devprakash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Matt Cutts: Facebook, Twitter Social Signals Not Part of Google Search Ranking Algorithms
    http://searchenginewatch.com/articl...-Not-Part-of-Google-Search-Ranking-Algorithms

Devprakash, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  10. Devprakash

Best Answers:
    You are right. But Who will rank when 100 shopping websites selling the same product. How Google will choose the best website to make it on top?

Devprakash, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  11. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, again this is a question.... So i would say eventually i will disappear and again eventually it will appear again !! :p:p:p

John Dave, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  12. Pooja Gupta

Pooja Gupta Member

Best Answers:
    The future of SEO is to move on SMO by posting in youtube..

Pooja Gupta, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  13. rapaman

rapaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, I think also that all be moved to SMO and only quality content. So maybe will be no stolen content or cloacks with content streams to make money just on links.

rapaman, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  14. enoahisolution

enoahisolution Member

Best Answers:
    "SEO is dead" is not quite right, thats far from the truth.. Google initials some changes constantly to deliver quality results for the visitors. Want to rank in google naturally?? then keep follow google's algorithm updates, we have no choice.

enoahisolution, Jan 28, 2014 IP
    Kianu42 likes this.
  15. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is an ever-changing environment. It's changing and evolving all the time - it's a natural process.

But it doesn't mean that if some changes occur in the SEO environment, you should cease practicing SEO activities completely. You need to carefully analyze all SEO processes, figure out which SEO activities work for your site or blog, which SEO tools help you in your activities etc. Starting out from that, you need to develop your personal SEO plan.

After all, the activities you mentioned can be good in a way. For example, guest blogging is still a great way to get more exposure for your biz, build a community of followers, raise your online authority, etc..

Kianu42, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  16. easycontent

easycontent Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am quite agree with you; I think Google is playing with the ball that call SEO; and make so much rules and that rules become the reason of terminating the game.

Thank you.

easycontent, Jan 28, 2014 IP
    Devprakash likes this.
  17. Devprakash

Best Answers:
    Now SEO mean - Stop everything and no need to do SEO. You'll get rank only if you pays.

See now google don't want you to gain backlink from Article directories.
    http://searchengineland.com/googles-matt-cutts-dont-try-build-links-article-directories-182935
    Only Classifieds remain. In next step updates, Google will consider classified as bad links.

Devprakash, Jan 29, 2014 IP