1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

mail Marketing Case Study - How I build a FREE Email List Using GetSubscribers!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by shellyboy911, Jan 24, 2014.

?

Do you use Email Marketing?

1. Yes for sure!

60.0%
  2. Not now but I want to.

40.0%
  3. I've never tried email marketing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    On December 26, 2013, I’ve purchased the 200 email lead pack from GetSubscribers (a service by GetResponse) which costed $89.95 or $0.45 per email subscriber.

This is a screenshot taken from inside my GetSubscribers Account on Jan 22, 2014.

[​IMG]

So after about 25 days, I've gotten 102 subscribers and made $67 promoting a clickbank product about making money online. So when I reach 200 subscribers, I'll probably make a small profit. But hey, it's like building a free email list!
    [​IMG]

I'm not promoting GetSubscribers, I don't think they even have an affiliate program. These are just my results.

I've included more details and pictures of this case study at my site: GetSubscribers Review – 200 Email Leads – My Email Marketing Case Study

Thanks for reading! and I'll be updating this case study when in the next 30 days or when I reach 200 subscribers.

If you have questions, please ask me here or make a comment at my site.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    shellyboy911, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  2. Sean DeSilva

Sean DeSilva Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great results, thank you for sharing. How many sales did it take to get to that $67?

Sean DeSilva, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  3. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Thread is too vague to comment. Seems more like spam.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  4. shellyboy911

shellyboy911 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    shellyboy911, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  5. Uros Zivkovic

Uros Zivkovic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can further grow you list for free with solo ad swapping at safe swaps. Also with a 200 subscriber list you can start selling some solo ads yourself and make profit out of that.

Uros Zivkovic, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  6. shellyboy911

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for the pointers. I've never bought any solo ads before.

7. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Are you able to sell solos with just 200 subscribers?

Ethan Alvin, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  8. shellyboy911

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I never sold any solo ads. But I think 200 is too small of a list to sell for much money.

9. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes I concur.

Ethan Alvin, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  10. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow didn't think buying subscribers could even work

Dionne Taylor, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  11. ramjanulhaque

ramjanulhaque Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's really awsome & helpfull. I want more SEO tips & triks. Please post more tips.

ramjanulhaque, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  12. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    REALL? you can start selling solo at 200 sub? Come on guy, have you ever done it? First, if your complaint rate is higher than 1/1000, you're in trouble (which mean you should have at least 1000 subs to ensure you can receive 1 complaint safely). Second, if you do buy solo/swap, you can see your open/click rate is extremely LOW, maybe 15-20 clicks/1000+ leads (About 1-2%), with 200 subs, I wonder how many clicks you can sell (or do anything profitable with it)?
    Please be careful with what you're writing!

mrgadget, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  13. Uros Zivkovic

Uros Zivkovic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Lol, I think you should be the one that's careful my friend. You CAN potentially sell 50 click solo ads especially if you know how to. As long as you have a targeted list and send them ads they might be interested in, you should have no problem with it. If it doesn't work for you just keep doing adswaps(if you have no money to invest). Also I see you're familiar with David Mcalorum :D

Uros Zivkovic, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  14. mrgadget

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I just don't wanna see others get WRONG information. My friends, you did mention: "solo/safe swap", and everyone know leads from solo/swapping will be SPAMMED to death (no matter how often you do swap because your subscribers was already in tons of other lists outside). Thus, that you claimed you can get 50 click/200 subs really doesn't make sense at all. Perhaps you can reach this number once/twice (I doubt it), but you say about "selling solo and make profit", which means you have to provide at least 50 clicks (from $15-$20) STEADILY and for a long time. Even, I don't want to talk about the UNSUBSCRIPTION rate that you have to face with when sending a broadcast. Finally, a BIG problem I already said: COMPLAINT rate: you're safe with just the ratio: <=1/1000
    If possible, I hope you post proof that you can get 10+ clicks with 1 broadcast to your 200 leads (or any number < 1000) (list built from solo/ad swap ONLY, I don't say about List building with trust)

15. Uros Zivkovic

Uros Zivkovic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wrong information? Lol. I think it's you who is understanding it wrong. If you have such a low click rate then you probably have no idea how to build a proper squezee page or a proper email list. If you have a list that is TRAGETED enough and you send them offers they would be INTERESTED in then as I said, there would be no problem.Why would they complain if you are sending them offers they would like? Obviously it's harder with a smaller list, but the idea isn't to just stop building your list at just 200 subscribers, you should keep growing it as fast as possible. There are many high quality AND cheap solo ad providers out there and as soon as you make enough profit(after around 2 sales) you should buy more solo ads and grow your list further. When it's larger it's more easy to get those 50 click ads and soon you will be able to sell 100 click ads or more.

16. mrgadget

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ok guy, so could you post a proof (screen shot) about your CTR rate & Complaint rate of your list? I own many lists but recently just built a small one, about 1300+ (built completely from solo/ad swap), so it's suitable for this experiment. We can both post our own statistics to DP members here to help them learn more? You want?

17. Uros Zivkovic

Uros Zivkovic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Lol if you don't believe me then it's okay, but don't turn this into a competition. If you don't want to use my tip then don't, I'm sure there are people that will find it helpful.

18. mindmedia

mindmedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ad swaps or solo ads are not at all helpful when you have that small a subscribers' list.

But if you stick to delivering value and building your own brand, you can have a nice set of repeat customers ready for you.

So why waste the value of your list?

mindmedia, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  19. Uros Zivkovic

Uros Zivkovic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah right, that's why so many people do them. Ofcourse they are helpful, especially solo ads, they are actually one of the fastest and easiest ways to build your list, if you have the money ofcourse.

20. mindmedia

mindmedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What I meant Uric is, you don't accept solo ads or ad swaps with such small set of email subscribers. According to me, it is always better to deliver quality to these little section of people so that it stands out above everything.

mindmedia, Jan 29, 2014 IP