1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Expired Domains for SEO - Cheap high PR links for life

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by adimond, Sep 6, 2013.

1. adimond

adimond Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have looked at Domain Drop Catcher before, can you tell us a bit about it? It could be a vital addition to my guide!

adimond, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  2. Nick Gomez

Nick Gomez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Perhaps FPForum can chime in on this, I haven't purchased the software, but I may in the future. You can see more about it at desktopcacher.com It looks like a pretty nice software. What it does is allow you to load a list of domains that are set to expire and it will leverage APIs to domain companies like GoDaddy and will look for availablility of those domains. You will also need a subscription to the API service for whichever registrars you want to use. This will allow you to catch high PR domains as they become available, rather than trying to search through ones that don't get immediately picked up, which could allow you to pick up some nice domains at lower cost. It will run on a windows desktop and can be setup to automatically register the domains and email you when one is successfully registered. It will also keep a list of the domains captured.

Nick Gomez, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  3. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for your interest adimond and thanks for posting more information about it Nick - You actually summed it up pretty well.

The purpose of my software is to make the process of catching (registering) domains that you want each day pretty automatic. You can use a website such as ExpiredDomains.net to find PR domains which are deleting each day. You search through the site, pick the names you want to register for the day and save them in a text file. Open the software, load your names in there, and setup as many registrars as you'd like (the more registrars you have running, the more registration requests you're sending each second)..You can either schedule it to run only during the specific drop time frame or start/stop it as you'd like. When the software is running it uses the registrars you have enabled to constantly check and try to register each domain in your list. Once the domain drops it will then be automatically registered with one of the registrars you have enabled.

Check out the website if you want to learn more and feel free to PM me if you have any other specific questions :)

FPForum, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  4. adimond

Best Answers:
    I do plan to check it out at some point, not had a chance to yet though.

adimond, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  5. adimond

Best Answers:
    Not really that kind of place...

adimond, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  6. mole

mole Member

Best Answers:
    nice guide, is there anymore good guides on this? to make it more efficient, what softwares can i apply?

mole, Dec 7, 2013 IP
  7. adimond

Best Answers:
    What kind of info are you looking for? I can write more guides on this topic.

adimond, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  8. creztor

creztor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea in the past but no longer as effective. The site will lose some PR and you'll find that after a few months all your high PR sites are no longer so high.

creztor, Dec 26, 2013 IP
  9. adimond

Best Answers:
    Actually that isn't exactly true, if you buy sites with no backlinks but with PR (which we refer to as fake PR) then yes you will lose the PR. If you buy them with quality backlinks, then the PR will stay. We so far have a network of ~30 expired domain sites, some built into money sites, some just for link juice. In the last PR update all but 2 lost their PR (2 PR 1s) and 1 went from PR 6 to PR 5.

According to Search engine land a lot of websites were downgraded so I think we did pretty well. Also now that the PR update has been all those expiring now with PR survived the update.

adimond, Dec 31, 2013 IP
  10. Nick Gomez

Nick Gomez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That has been my experience as well. Many of our lower PR blogs got devalued, but the sites we have been working on have appreciated. We have also been able to find a lot of expired domains with PR3-5 and are continuing to build out new niche based private networks, for both our own money sites as well as for a few clients. Since we write all of the content, and it is original content, even for the posts, our links get nice results.

Nick Gomez, Dec 31, 2013 IP
  11. Aqib Shahzad

Aqib Shahzad Member

Best Answers:
    i always use the same method for finding the expired domains, then write few quality articles and monetize it through affiliate product or any other advertisement program ;)

Aqib Shahzad, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  12. adimond

Best Answers:
    Sounds good! Have you been using them for money sites or for link promotion??

adimond, Jan 9, 2014 IP
  13. Nick Gomez

Nick Gomez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use them for both. I build 5 blogs at a time, on separate IPs, put 5-10 blogs posts on each one, and do some basic wordpress configuration with plugins and unique themes. I do a bit of promotion on them and I have several high PR backlinks setup to them. After that's done, I use them to link to my money sites. Once the sites are up and have about 25 pages, I offer them to others that want to leverage the link juice to promote their sites. The sites are highly focused on a theme, like home improvement, fitness, etc. While I don't have a lot of money sites in other niches, I am currently building other networks in law, insurance, health as well. I have expanded the number of hosts and IP addresses that I have now so I can build several networks in a single niche.

While Google has been devaluing many sites, I am getting good results. and others that are doing this are seeing good results as well. Checkout John Havers case study using expired domains. Other people that do the same thing are having similar results and I believe that PA is actually a better determinant of the sites ability to pass link juice than PR.

Nick Gomez, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  14. adimond

Best Answers:
    Checked out the case study, some nice tips there. I am considering doing a more detailed tutorial from how to find the expired domain all the way through the research and how to create the content, host, etc etc.

We would like to do this for a site which wants to improve their ranking. If anyone is interested we will do this for them if,

They allow us to post the tutorial, and cover costs involved (domain registration, hosting and content - although we will try to get as much as possible for free).

Domainsnoop.com is willing to also sponsor the tutorial to keep costs lower, provide premium accounts to researchers etc.

If anyone is interested and wants this for their site, get in touch. We will look to make around 5-10 sites for link juice depending on the amount of help/how many sites we promote.

Also if anyone is interested in helping in the project, maybe making it as a community (so content writers, wordpress experts, researchers, hosts etc) then that would be awesome. We will provide the training if you are unsure or need guidance and report live so everyone can see how we are doing. It may also be a good way to promote your services in the future.

Get in touch and we will look to do this towards the end of the month.

adimond, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  15. ramjanulhaque

ramjanulhaque Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    its good SEO tips, i like your tips. please give more formation to SEO. You Can Help me?

ramjanulhaque, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  16. adimond

Best Answers:
    What do you need help with?

adimond, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  17. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe I'm just lazy, but it seems like too much work to me. I'd rather put that time and effort into my main site(s).

Foxxy, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  18. ramjanulhaque

ramjanulhaque Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it's really usefull tips...
    any body can help how to increase PR of my website. Please visit My site---> www.hotorhit.com & help me...

ramjanulhaque, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  19. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:
    What if the domains you buy have bad backlinks or a victim of negative SEO? I don't wanna risk it if you ask me. I'd rather build a good reputation using new domains.

John Eulizer Nimo, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  20. SEOArbiterJoanne

SEOArbiterJoanne Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I realise this post is a month old but that's not exactly true.

Providing your diligent and only buy domains that have a great backlink profile then they are very likely to retain their PR, depending on what you do with them.

SEOArbiterJoanne, Jan 30, 2014 IP