1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I get more readers for my blog?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Snoopy240, Jan 20, 2014.

Hey DP Community!

I just wanted to share some valuable information with you today on how you can grow your readers for your blog online. There are many ways to gain readers for your blogs and if you have any advice, please share them with us here :)

Here is what I have put together to help you out.... simple things you need to learn about to get more readers for your blog....
    1. Build a Simple, Clean, Well-Organized, Easy-to-Navigate Blog.
    2. Create very Unique & Valuable Blog Posts that are Hard to find Online.
    3. Create & Build a Facebook Fan Page & a Twitter Account for your Blog Site & Grow a Social Following.
    4. Blog very often. And make sure you Keep Improving your Copy-Writing Skills.
    5. Find Forums on your Niche & Become a Very Active Member.
    6. Find Facebook Groups on your Niche & Encourage People to go Read Content on your Blog.
    7. Build New Connections & Relationships Online with like-minded People very often.
    8. Become an Expert in your Niche & Become an Article Author in Many Sites.
    9. Record Valuable Videos & Video Tutorials & then Promote them as Much as Possible.
    10. Build a List & Keep Offering them very Valuable Information through your Blog Posts.
    11. Rinse & Repeat as much as possible.
    This is what I would recommend you to follow when you are starting out online. You can of course do whatever you want and however you want to, but if you can't put a plan together, this might help.

The key to getting results here will be on the Consistency and Effort you put into making it happen. There are no secret weapons or plans, this is it. Of course you could add more to my list here but at the end of the day, it is all about how bad you want to accomplish your goals online.

My best advice after you have learned this and how to do it all, is to Take as Much Action as Possible with it. Massive Action is the only thing that will help you find out if this works or not.

If you don't take massive action and I mean all of the action you can ever take, then you should have no right to complain. Period. .....in my opinion.

If you would like to read a little bit more about each step I share here ... I wrote a very long post about them... http://internet-marketing-blog101.com/how-do-i-get-more-readers-for-my-blog-11-tips/

I hope this helps! :D

If you have any good advice in this Topic, please share them to help the community here ;)

Cheers!! :cool:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    Snoopy240, Jan 20, 2014 IP
    Amarkolom likes this.
  2. Amarkolom

Amarkolom Active Member

Best Answers:
    Really awesome stuff, i hope it will help me get more traffic to my site also. You are just awesome Snoopy240 :)

Amarkolom, Jan 20, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  3. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    atsad, Jan 24, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  4. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Thanks! and you are welcome!!

I always like to over-deliver in value! ... :cool:

I hope this information can really help you accomplish your goals online!

;)

Snoopy240, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  5. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would add inviting guest bloggers to your site. They will often mention the post on their own blog, and some of their readers may click over to see what they wrote. Once there, who knows, they may check out some of your other content.

Foxxy, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  6. aniblow

aniblow Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting read! Nothing happens until you take action.

aniblow, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  7. lgeorge

lgeorge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great list, however writing often can be misinterpreted. Writing small posts isn't exactly what you want, longer ones are way batter even if that means publishing once a week.

There've been both studies and bloggers pointing out that the posts that bring the most traffic are the ones that oave 1500+ words.

Also, Google's algorithm changes (as pointed out by Moz.com) focused on content quality, so you're better off making a killer longer post than splitting it into 4-5 tinier posts.

Let's make some money!

Ovi

lgeorge, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  8. mitsoglou marios

mitsoglou marios Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that best way is to writte quality content with juicy internal links and submit it to rss feed directories.
    Second : connect your blog with feedburner and Networkedblogs . Blogger posts will appear automatically on Twitter and Facebook account .

mitsoglou marios, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  9. lgeorge

lgeorge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure rss directories (or any directory for that matter, including dmoz) are worth that much nowadays. It's all about quality links now from reputable sites in your own niche or complementary niches.

lgeorge, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  10. mitsoglou marios

mitsoglou marios Active Member

Best Answers:
    i am editor at dmoz and i agree with you ;).
    But i believe that linking your blog to theese sites worths the effort,because you dont need to post everywhere and all the time.You just post on your blog saving time and linking your posts (not your blog) to high PR sites

mitsoglou marios, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  11. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting how things change over time. What is your opinion on using trackbacks? They use to be a great tool for linkbaiting, but I'm not sure if they are really that effective any more.

Foxxy, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  12. serellived

serellived Member

Best Answers:
    This is definitely a very interesting and informative post.
    So nice of you to share those tips here. I might as well try them out and apply them to my blog.
    Thanks!

serellived, Jan 26, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  13. Snoopy240

Best Answers:

I totally agree with you here. Writing a long & valuable blog post is extremely important for the success of your blog online.

And if you do not want to deal with the Search Engines Constant Algorithm Updates and Changes, specially with Google, then there is no way around Quality Content!

You will really get more traffic with Quality Content with Zero Backlinks, from the search engines all day long.

And well Ovi - if you haven't noticed how long my blog posts are lol ... but they are very, very long posts - so I really keep reminding everyone online How Important it is to share very valuable & long blog posts - specially in the Internet Marketing/Home Business/Blogging Niche.

Thanks for your input!

Much success!

Cheers!:cool:

Snoopy240, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  14. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i also agree and thx for all the tools for blogging

Aaron111, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  15. Sarah Davis

Sarah Davis Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good tips!

Forum marketing is one of the best ways to drive targeted traffic to your blog. If the forum is in your blogs niche, then you can get a lot of readers from it. Definitely look into guest blogging too, you can gain a lot of traffic from that.

Sarah Davis, Jan 26, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  16. Snoopy240

Best Answers:
    Trackacks can still be useful and helpful to Alert other bloggers about your blog.

I personally like to hide the trackbacks on my blog posts because I get too many and they show up below the post as a 'comment'.

It didn't look good having tens of trackbacks below my posts - so I use the WP Plugin 'Hide Trackbacks'

I still use the trackbacks - I just dont show them on my pages. I would say this is a personal choice.

Trackbacks can still be effective if you know how to take advantage of them.

Hope this helps! :cool:

17. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that post Snoopy. I wasn't even aware that you can hide them. I've never really made much use of them myself. It's one of those things I am always planning to do, but never seem to get around to it.

Foxxy, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  18. Snoopy240

Best Answers:
    No problem @Foxxy !

Well, I don't really use a Trackback Strategy because I just don't really like to deal with them but that is a personal choice.

If you are not desperate to increase the traffic to your blog by using a trackback strategy then I would ignore it and focus more on other more powerful techniques to increase the traffic flow.

Glad you are getting some value out of this forum thread!

Thanks for your input!

Cheers! :cool:

19. Pabin Raj Luitel

Pabin Raj Luitel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Really helpful ideas, thanks a lot for this method, I think this will help me a lot. I was also searching the best way to promote my blog.

Pabin Raj Luitel, Mar 20, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  20. Snoopy240

Best Answers:
    You're welcome and thank you for your reply @Pabin_aaR !

I'm glad this information is useful to you!

I wish you the best success online!

You can do it! :)

Cheers! :cool:

Snoopy240, Mar 21, 2014 IP