1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

.us vs .ca?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by ak8950, Jan 14, 2014.

I found a pretty good domain name but the .com is already taken. What i have to choose from is .us .ca .co .biz. I'm wondering if they would get the same traffic as .com
    what are your opinions?

ak8950, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  2. geissor

geissor Member

Best Answers:
    Having a .com domain doesn't mean you'll have the magic bottom to get traffic.
    If you know how to do it, any domain you did mention can get more traffic than a .com.
    Anyhow, always be better to have a .com as of first choice.

geissor, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  3. pingpipe

pingpipe Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely they could, website content is king when it comes to getting traffic from search engines.

pingpipe, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  4. mrgilb

mrgilb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use whatever is most relevant to your sites content.
    Dot us for United States and dot ca for Canada.
    I dont know how else to say it.

mrgilb, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  5. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Two important things to consider here:

1/ Depends a little on your citizenship. For .us domains - no problem, you can easily get one. For .ca its a little more complicated. The Canadian Registry (CIRA) has a somewhat quite strict set of rules to allow you to register a .ca domain and you have to pass extra verifications.

2/ Your target market. If you are aiming for the Canadian market, of course you would not start with a .us domain as this will make your job unnecessarily hard. If you are going for a global approach tho, country specific TLD's are a good option only for additional extensions. As .com and .net are obviously not available for the domain of your choosing, my advice would be to seek a little further and you will surely find something similar (or better for that matter) for your brand with a .com

Hope that helps.

Rado_ch, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Who is your target market?

dcristo, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  7. termi

termi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are tageting USA chuse US
    If you are tageting Canada get CA
    If you are targeting both or global chose co or biz or you can try to find some similar com domain.

I don’t now if this is still true but I now some time ago it was very hard to get country domains ranked in global or other countries beacons every country domain is “bind” by google relevant for it country and irrelevant for other countries so it can be harder to rank them or even impossible.

termi, Jan 24, 2014 IP