1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Review My Upcoming Webmaster Forum

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Webcenter, Oct 31, 2013.

Ahoy there! My name is I. C. Daniel!
    I need some advice from your part regarding my upcoming webmaster forum.

Project Statistics:
    1. Genuine software has been aquired, proper installed and configured
    2. Main categories and forums has been created which are going to be over-discussed in the near future
    3. Designer just finished our logo few days ago and original copy has been implemented in the header

Scheduled tasks:
    1. Configure and test Email notifications
    2. Aquire and configure the SSL certificate
    3. Upgrade server and finally Launch the website

Launch day is not set. I have to do many things. I hope you come and claim your FREE account when registration is open. Keep in mind that not anyone can register, as expected we fight against spammers who generate lots of low quality topics.

These being says few requirements are needed to be part of this "real webmasters community". Building Quality NOT Quantity! Keep an eye on this community, you'll see in future what I'm talking about.

Any suggestions are welcome and very appreciated. Guys please share your opinion, I really care you spend time to review my project. Once again thank you so much.

http://ypayz.com/

Best regards,
    I. C. Daniel

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Webcenter, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  2. faysjoint

faysjoint Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks good. But why would you need the SSL certificate? If you don't process any payments whatsoever through your website, you don't have to put unnecessary load on your server.

You should work on the descriptions of the forums, all of them start with "Here are...". You should also change webmasters in your title to singular form. Assume that the user would search for "webmaster forum", and not "webmasters forum".

What does the name of your website mean?

faysjoint, Dec 11, 2013 IP
    Webcenter likes this.
  3. Webcenter

Webcenter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for review faysjoint

SSL
    keep visitors safe from MITM attacks and phishing and I will implement due to personal reasons as well (can't tell them as they are personal LOL), not 100% but helpful, you right SSL increase load time, but would not be a problem for the kind of server I acquire to handle this forum.

You right about boar title, I changed as well board meta description.

Indeed description start with "Here are..., as soon I find time I'll edit them.

Yes pay Zero - Y pay Z (help each other for free, no membership whatsoever)

Once again thank you for your time, if you too have a website let me know I'll review and give my opinion for FREE.

PS: What do you suggest regarding this aspect: as you see I have fixed width, I intend to give user option to choose fixed or flexible, but what option to keep as default?

Webcenter, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  4. MeaPoethree

MeaPoethree Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations, great, look attractive and clean site

From the name of your site "ypayZ", according to your niche and description is look different

your logo is good, but looks less beautiful, maybe you could fix it

Some of webmaster forums, if someone makes a post or comment, post or the comments do not appear in the social media commentators such as Facebook, twitter, etc,
    Maybe you can try it, it will make your site have much visitors, i think it look was very good

Regards,

MeaPoethree, Dec 18, 2013 IP
    Webcenter likes this.
  5. Webcenter

Best Answers:
    MeaPoethree thanks a bunch for your review. Remember that to build a brand you don't need an EMD (Exact Match Domain)

Webcenter, Dec 27, 2013 IP
  6. Syed Haider

Syed Haider Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just Visited :)
    I Can Rate It 5/10 As A Lot Of Work Needs To Be Done ...!
    Color Combination Is Not Good (Red Color In Header )

Syed Haider, Dec 28, 2013 IP
  7. Wizza

Wizza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My personal review..

1. I'm not keen on the domain, it (as posted in number 2) reminds me of a warez site.

2. Logo, I really don't like the logo. I think it's extremely plain and for some reason it reminds me of a warez type of website with the logo in that style. Try something professional looking as all of your members will be professionals running their own websites and businesses. Solid black isn't a good luck either with such a colorful website.

3. The design is quite nice but you need to implement the colors of your website in to your logo. The icons for the categories need to be changed and I think if you pay a designer $5 - $15 they might make a nice set for you but some of the icons look poor quality such as the partnerships category. You could do with a set of icons that match in quality and style.

4. For me personally, and I mean this is more of a personal preference but I would like to have the option of having the design stretch across my screen rather than have a fixed width design which on my 21inch monitor is quite small in the center of the screen. It would be okay for a gaming website but I think for a forum that you want me to really get stuck in to it would need to be responsive such as DP.

Overall, a great start and I think it has potential but you do need to look at and offer something different to the other 1001 webmaster websites / communities out there. My questions when looking at this website is:

- What does this site offer me that other webmaster sites don't?
    - Why should I return daily / regularly to this website?

I know it's quite a negative review but you are doing well and I really hope this helps you to improve your website :)

Wizza, Dec 29, 2013 IP
    Webcenter likes this.
  8. MyWriterGirl

MyWriterGirl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    great start, I am no critic, but you are on the right path. You will grow and change like with anything in life and the things you have your hands in, will grow and mature as well. A+ for effort!!

MyWriterGirl, Dec 29, 2013 IP
  9. Webcenter

Best Answers:
    Thank you very very much for your detailed review. That's the kind of people I like to see more on DP.

I must disagree your opinion on logo, logo was made on DP by professional designers, we chosen the best one, me and my friends, no way to changed it again, looks awesome on T-Shirts too so those who don't like it I don't blame them, just accept it if they want of course.

I still work on colors, I need to make some black lines instead of those light blue ones and some shadows and a little bit of modification there and there and I think will be okay.

There will be as well flexible and fixed width so user can choose his desired style. I'm working on flexible width on backend, but will be slightly different from fixed one, to be frank fixed one will be used as default.

I'm going to build a high quality community as you never see on World Wide Web. This project is going to host only those people who want to build a name online. Means only honest people, people that have nothing to hide(if there's any :D), people that want to make real business online, those will receive an account, need to have real photo on avatar worldwide visible using their Gravatar, so all members must pass few requirements, there will be no paid membership whatsoever, signature will be visible all time, not just for logged members, there will be weekly featured member somewhere in header, youtube video reviews of featured site/article/products of members made by me, I'm going to help a lot of people for FREE, watch me how I market this and many more goodies such as contests on a monthly basis and more. I don't blame those who don't agree with real avatar and some other listed above, this is my service, I do it my way, I help as described and so on, if many don't agree I can't change the rules and wake up in a morning to see all kind of people posting garbage and spamming all over the place to make a quick buck. No no no!

There's no launch day set yet as I'm working on my spare time at this project, I'm not hurry at all, I'm giving my best so people can find free and quality answers when they search online. I can assure you as soon I launch it's almost impossible not to get noticed when the buzz starts.

Once again thank you for your review, I hope I didn't bore you with my vision. In case you read all above a quick reply would help lot more than you think and I really appreciate your time.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year buddy!

Webcenter, Dec 29, 2013 IP
  10. Julien@Hostabulous

Julien@Hostabulous Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Good idea.

But..

1. As other mentioned, you need to work on layout/colors it's pretty bland
    2. Logo doesnt fit, I know you like it, but it doesnt look professional. Maybe add some colors (matching your theme color)
    2. Domain name doesn't mean much to your niche..

Good start tho, and I really like your idea.

Julien@Hostabulous, Dec 29, 2013 IP
    Webcenter likes this.
  11. MeaPoethree

MeaPoethree Member

Best Answers:
    Yups, you are right Webcenter
    The important thing we need to focus on building the site and get a lot of visitors. If internal and external is good, you will definitely get a great site and a lot of income. Congratulations, Good Luck Always!

MeaPoethree, Dec 29, 2013 IP
  12. Webcenter

Best Answers:
    Julien thanks a bunch for your review, any opinion is welcome and helps me improve this upcoming project.

1. I still work on colors do get the perfect view so hopefully with more suggestions I create the best one.
    2. I'm in love to this logo, no way to change it, I'm pretty much sure as soon as I finish the style with more black the logo will fit nice.
    3. You right domain name doesn't mean much, what I like at this domain is that can be easy to remember and is short, not so hard to brand it.

I'm happy you like my idea/vision of this upcoming community.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year buddy!

Webcenter, Dec 30, 2013 IP
  13. Julien@Hostabulous

Julien@Hostabulous Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    no problem, when its up, ill be glad to join. happy new year to you too.

Julien@Hostabulous, Dec 30, 2013 IP
  14. Webcenter

Best Answers:
    Hello everyone! Upon your feedback I'm thinking to use another domain name for this forum project.

Domain I intend to use would be +Opinion (plusopinion.com) instead of YpayZ.com, so what you think?

Webcenter, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  15. mcloud

mcloud Member

Best Answers:
    simpel theme ..but minus thread

mcloud, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  16. cblanke

cblanke Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The site looks great, but if you must have the header black instead of blue to match the site try to change the blue's to greens to match the green in the header and i think you would be on your way with the design.

The URL change sounds good.

cblanke, Jan 22, 2014 IP
    Webcenter likes this.
  17. Vagz

Vagz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great efforts to bring a much needed forum to us. Here's my thoughts:

1. The "Log In" in the logo seems weird since logos are routinely linked to the home page of a site...maybe you're working on that right now. (I, personally, don't care much for the log)
    2. The nav/footer bars look very DP-ish. A slightly larger font and more padding (t/b) to give it a softer or friendlier look...and, of course, lighter colors.
    3. I'm not a fan of rounded corners...perhaps less of a radius on the forum list box.
    4. The icons are nice enough but the entire forum area seems quite compact...I'd loosen it up a bit. The black title text distracts me when I'm attempting to read other titles; but the Discussion/Messages/SubForums text should be a bit brighter...a little hard to read
    5. The right column seems disproportionately large to the site...reducing the width on that and stretching the forum container might make more sense

Overall the formatting work required to add to the site's attractiveness is minimal. Just some CSS tweaks to improve it a lot.

Lots of luck to you

Vagz, Jan 23, 2014 IP
    Webcenter likes this.
  18. Webcenter

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your suggestions, I'm glad I find people who actually see and analyze the forum and after that leave their suggestions. Let me thank you for that buddy! God bless you!

So... if I decide to keep this domain the login button will remain there, there will be no registration button, not even on launch day, this is a private webmaster forum, free of charge, no membership whatsoever, just people who want help in different areas and who will receive help again for free when they need. Accounts will be given upon request but only if they meet few requirements, I'm trying to keep this private forum clean and helpful as possible. There will be fixed and flexible width, members will choose what they want, however I'm thinking to let fixed as default, so if you enter my forum first time you see fixed width, but if you don't like it than you can change it to flexible.

Yeah... I'm still working on css to find the perfect match so I hope in near future with your suggestions to make this private webmaster forum look good. Once again thank you for your opinion and kind regards from I. C. Daniel!

Webcenter, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  19. ethanleif

ethanleif Member

Best Answers:
    Here's my humble review:

Name of the forum - ypayz I don't get it. It sounds like a paid survey site not a forum. Opinionplus- sounds like a review site.
    I would recommend using a name that would make members proud in joining and it should catch the attention of your potential members. sample: Winnersclubforum or warrior, millionaires club etc.
    Purpose of the site-I don't see particularly different from what you offer than what the existing heavyweights are already offering. For example, if I am a webmaster and already having accounts on the already established forums, I don't have any incentive or reason to join your site. I would recommend, at least as a start to focus on a particular audience. For example, brand new webmasters. Webmasters from a particular country, or webmasters for a particular niche. You can then scale or broaden your audience after a year or so.
    Design- in my opinion, this is not as important now. Make sure though it is easy to navigate and load time is fast. So far your site has all that.

Hope this helps.

ethanleif, Feb 10, 2014 IP
    Webcenter likes this.
  20. Webcenter

Best Answers:
    What you understand when you read google? (act like this domain doesn't actually exist)

Domain name will remain YpayZ, you don't have to like it or join this forum, it's a private forum in development phase anyway.

I really appreciate you took the time to review and give me your opinion my friend. God bless you!

Webcenter, Feb 11, 2014 IP