1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

can dot in domain extension make authority site?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by garry420, Jan 22, 2014.

my question is simple can .in domain extension make authority site?
    or only .com extensions make authority sites?

garry420, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  2. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is all about the site itself and both the quality(MAINLY), but as well as the quantity of the backlinks pointing to it.
    The TLD doesn't matter at all...
    Still I would avoid .in unless the site is really about India.

abraxas, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  3. Apocrypha

Apocrypha Member

Best Answers:
    Sites with a ".whatever" extension will have the potential of ranking as high as a .com site. As abraxas said above, it depends on your content and backlinks mostly.
    In the past Google supposedly favored .com sites but now, with so many high ranking sites that don't have a .com (ie: ow.ly or even goo.gl) they have to take all extensions into consideration.

*BUT* there has been a push with larger sites that started with an extension that wasn't .com (ie: bit.ly) who are now using a .com extension mainly (ie: bitly.com is their primary domain now).

That being said, the majority of the world still thinks in a ".com" mindset, so if they need to type in your url for some reason, and they don't remember that it is an .in domain, they'll try .com first.

So if your content is amazing and you get lots of shares and backlinks, there is no reason that you cannot fully succeed with a .in name. Especially if the 'in' part fits into a name you want, or really if you're just in India!

Apocrypha, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  4. Robinox

Robinox Active Member

Best Answers:
    Authority isn't about TLD or domain name. It's about useful site content and site popularity.

Robinox, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  5. CannabisSEO

CannabisSEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In my experience I have had a harder time getting sites ranked with less known extensions. I think it takes more to get a site ranked with the big dogs if you have a crappy extension. I always try to stick with the .coms unless the keywords are absolutely amazing.

CannabisSEO, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  6. Aabhinav

Aabhinav Member

Best Answers:
    I think it may have a effect to some extent but the thing that mostly matters for search engines is the quality and original content with good quality inbound links. By the good quality I mean links from higher authority and higher rank pages.

Aabhinav, Jan 30, 2014 IP