1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Guest Article Submission as harmful as Guest Blogging?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by BhaskarD, Jan 22, 2014.

With Google tightening its noose around Guest Blogging, does it mean that Guest Article submissions are to suffer too?

BhaskarD, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  2. Ade Vitan

Ade Vitan Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, indeed Matt Cutt's latest intervention sent us all on a frenzy, but it's not so grim.

Just as the guy says, and I'm gonna quote him directly here"
    "There are still many good reasons to do some guest blogging (exposure, branding, increased reach, community, etc.). Those reasons existed way before Google and they’ll continue into the future. And there are absolutely some fantastic, high-quality guest bloggers out there. I changed the title of this post to make it more clear that I’m talking about guest blogging for search engine optimization (SEO) purposes.

I’m also not talking about multi-author blogs. High-quality multi-author blogs like Boing Boing have been around since the beginning of the web, and they can be compelling, wonderful, and useful."

So that sums it up. If you're writing relevant, good quality posts, keep doing that!

Ade Vitan, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  3. alsgroup

alsgroup Member

Best Answers:
    Too Much Submission is called Spam either Guest Blogging or Guest Article Posting...

alsgroup, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  4. wanderinglex47

wanderinglex47 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You got that backwards, it's mostly guest article submission that will suffer - guest blogging (between normal blogs, not spammy carp) has many benefits outside of SEO, and if done right, Google won't be able to know whether it's a guest blog post or not - not until they manage to create an AI :)

wanderinglex47, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  5. FranksToys

FranksToys Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Google has been actively targeting articles with manual and algorithm penalties for years.

Take a look at all of the posts on the Webmaster Forums with people penalized for ezinearticles links!

FranksToys, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  6. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let's face it, if you breathe wrong, Google will penalize you these days.

I can't explain why exactly but everytime I listen to one of his videos or read something he's 'explained,' I feel like it's a trap and wait for the other shoe to drop. Guess it's because it's happened before, I dunno.

Annea, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  7. BhaskarD

BhaskarD Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Ade. So that would mean, irrespective of the nature of the content, over-posting is a risky business.

8. BhaskarD

BhaskarD Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but don't the popular article submission sites already have strict criteria for article submission? It would be heart-breaking to find that after clearing their "fitness-test", you get sidelined by Google!

9. BhaskarD

BhaskarD Member

Best Answers:
    :) yeah that makes sense. thanks! i was thinking along the same lines actually. I was like, "hey, a blog is a personal post (or should be at least :p). so why don't you attack professional articles before attacking the blogs!" and i hope Google never develops that AI. ;) imagine if they then turn everything paid after that!!

10. BhaskarD

BhaskarD Member

Best Answers:
    Your reply reminds me of what the CEO of a price comparison company I had once worked for told us. He said, "Google doesn't want to kill us but only cripple us enough so that we can walk with its crutches." And if you want to run, there are always the paid wheelchairs!! :)

Annea likes this.
  11. Andy Ramirez

Andy Ramirez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As long as your following search engine rules and doing quality posts, then its still good.

Andy Ramirez, Jan 22, 2014 IP
    Ade Vitan likes this.
  12. alsgroup

alsgroup Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah!!! Only quality does matter in Search Ranking.

alsgroup, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  13. Ade Vitan

Ade Vitan Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe it's over posting if you are able to create a lot of great content and put it out there fast.
    Content quality is crucial with these latest changes, and you will not get penalized if you generate great, unique and adequate guest posts, no matter the quantity.

If it's great, you're safe.

Ade Vitan, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  14. BhaskarD

BhaskarD Member

Best Answers:
    okie :)

BhaskarD, Jan 23, 2014 IP
    Ade Vitan likes this.
  15. PPC_SuperMaster

PPC_SuperMaster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I guess, the main posting rule is moderateness - if you don't overdo with things, you won't get punished for what you are doing. Thus, moderate guest blogging and guest article submission are alright as long as you know how much is enough.

PPC_SuperMaster, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  16. BhaskarD

BhaskarD Member

Best Answers:
    hmm... maybe put out a few good guest blogs and then work on their SMO?

BhaskarD, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  17. PPC_SuperMaster

PPC_SuperMaster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Anything worth trying - one never knows what can work out.

PPC_SuperMaster, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  18. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am sick to death of Google control games! Let's please our readers, they're our customers and if they like what we're saying (posting), they'll come back for more and maybe bring a friend with them. Sure, align with G when and where it makes sense but let's stop jumping through hoops and contorting strictly to please a huge, uncaring corporation.

Let us not make Matt Cutts our cult leader because he might ask us to drink the kool-aid. :)

Annea, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  19. emgreenman

emgreenman Peon

Best Answers:
    As Ade said, 'If you're writing relevant, good quality posts, keep doing that!'.

Don't ever put too much weight on what Matt Cutts says. Google have a business to run and they'll do that by implementing politics where ever they can. This way it creates conversation resulting in business longevity - not that they really need it.

Your online campaign should replicate real life interaction. Good cant stop me recommending my friends tea cosies to another friend. But online it can force me to 'recommend' in a natural manner.

emgreenman, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  20. theprince

theprince Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Guest blogging is not harmful at all you just need to know how to do it but article submissions to articles directories and blogs made for that is considered as spam and it will get your blog to the bottom!

theprince, Jan 23, 2014 IP