1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Detect Unicode Text in C#

Discussion in 'C#' started by pukhtoogle, Jan 11, 2014.

I have a string, how can i detect whether it is Unicode or not. Basically my string is like

پاکستان is our country
    PHP:
    If i double click on پاکستان the response should be Unicode for rest English text it shouldn't be Unicode text.

pukhtoogle, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  2. Johnnt Nguyen

Johnnt Nguyen Member

Best Answers:
    Johnnt Nguyen, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  3. O-D-T

O-D-T Member

Best Answers:
    Although your terminology is not exactly correct, if I understand your question correctly, you want to detect parts of a string that can be written in certain encoding (ASCII or maybe Latin-1) and parts that can not be written in certain encoding.

If this is what you want then try to convert your text to the particular encoding - say ASCII and then compare it back with your string.

private static bool IsAscii(string Part)
        {
          byte[] asciiBytes = Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(Part);
          string partAscii = Encoding.ASCII.GetString(asciiBytes);
          return Part == partAscii;
        }

string part = "test 1";
          Console.WriteLine("{0} {1} ASCII", part, IsAscii(part) ? "is" : "isn't");

part = "čšýáířřží";

part = "پاکستان";

part = "is our country";

Code (markup):

Now, for the first string and the last string, in the example above, the IsAscii function returns true. For the second and third, it returns false.

O-D-T, Jun 9, 2014 IP