1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

domain name from hostgator & hosting from Godaddy is slow running?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by john.peter, Jan 22, 2014.

I have my domain name registered with hostgator and i have my hosting with godaddy.
    I have linked the domain and parked it with godaddy hosting.
    Sometime my website slow and I am just wondering that this could be a reason?

Any idea??

john.peter, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  2. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The reason is that you are using a dirt cheap "unlimited" provider that oversells the heck out of their servers. You get what you pay for.

Aside from that, without any statistics from them, it's impossible for anybody here to say why it might be slowing down. You will need to ask them.

WSWD, Jan 22, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to Godaddy hosting.

If you move and tell them they could not provide what they promised (reliable hosting) you can get a refund.

averyz, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  4. Pshyco

Pshyco Member

Best Answers:
    Give PshycoHost a try.. thats just awesome..

Pshyco, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  5. paullopez

paullopez Active Member

Best Answers:
    You basically did opposite thing. You purchased a domain name from a true hosting company and hosting service from a company which is mainly popular for domain registration and not for hosting. What outcome you were expecting?

Anyway, as you’ve already registered a domain name with HG, so it would make sense if you move your hosting account to their servers.

paullopez, Jan 24, 2014 IP
    averyz likes this.
  6. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Except that their support is largely incompetent unless you reach a higher level support member. I've also noticed that their shared hosting tends to have better uptime than VPS and Dedicated accounts, which seems backwards to me. I guess because on shared accounts you can get a free month of service if there is a problem, but with VPS they just pro-rate you a few pennies.

To the original poster, there are too many unknown variables to even venture a guess about your load times. Try loading your site in firefox with the firebug addon enabled and see what it tells you is taking so long to load. Some of the most common culprits are:

1. Image size...try to optimize these, or better yet, host them remotely with google or amazon

2. Caching...If you don't use server-side caching you should. It will make your page load time noticeably faster. Also look into using gzip compression.

3. Optimize your database tables from time to time

Just a few random suggestions, but things that are common.

Foxxy, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  7. Pshyco

Pshyco Member

Best Answers:
    Correct.

Pshyco, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  8. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy is really overall mostly a domain seller although they do offer hosting. There could be many different reasons why your hosting is slow but it is unlikely that
    it is at all related to your domain name or where you purchased it.

JPC-Sabrina, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  9. Pshyco

Pshyco Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes Godaddy servers are low its the fact.

Pshyco, Jan 27, 2014 IP