1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Client moving to thailand should I host in Thailand with new domain

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by photohead, Jan 21, 2014.

I currently do SEO work for a company who trade in the UK. They are moving to Thailand soon and I am wondering if I should get the site hosted in Thailand and get a new domain. What domain extension is it for Thailand? My personal thoughts are that this is the best thing to do but wondered if anyone has more experience with this situation that can advise.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

photohead, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  2. dayvo

dayvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Thai extension is .th - but I have heard it is a long and difficult process to register a .th extension.

Should you move.. Depends on where your client is planning on targeting. If they are still going to be going after UK customers then keep with UK hosting. If they are going after Thailand traffic then it would make sense to at least host a copy on a Thai server and redirect traffic based on location.

dayvo, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  3. photohead

photohead Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Dayvo

Thank you for the reply. Yeah they are upping the whole operation to Thailand and not marketing UK anymore. Any idea on a hosting company I could use for this?

4. dayvo

dayvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Apart from doing a Google search for Thai hosting I wouldn't be able to advise or recommend any - I've never needed hosting over that part of the world - sorry.

dayvo, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  5. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    amazon aws is an option, because they have datacenter near thailand

also if you are using wordpress ,optimize it to make it fast.

competent123, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  6. photohead

photohead Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Davyo

7. photohead

photohead Member

Best Answers:
    Great thanks, I will try these out when I get the nod from client.

8. Amarkolom

Amarkolom Active Member

Best Answers:

you need not to move your site in Thailand , you just can use CDN (Content Delivery Network) , its not only for a specific country , it will support to whole world as your site locally hosted. CDN provider have cloud server on every major cities . They provide your site contents from nearest server to your visitor. You can use 301 redirection for your old domain to transfer all visitor to your new domain. Extension for Thailand will be .co.th

Thanks

Amarkolom, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  9. photohead

photohead Member

Best Answers:
    I think I am up to speed on that now cheers. I will do some searching for CDN providers :)

10. dayvo

dayvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Using CDN in your example will still see the request hit the UK server before it distributes it to the local CDN server.. There will be more latency as the request will go from Thailand to the UK then back to a Thailand CDN then on to your customers browser.

dayvo, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  11. luke6966

luke6966 Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on where the target market is located.

Hosting decreases load time if it's local to your visitors

luke6966, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  12. photohead

photohead Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, with that info I will probably go with the first option and host directly in Thailand. I appreciate everyone input and its giving me a more rounded answer. if that makes sense.

13. FranksToys

FranksToys Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends on what kind of business they are. If they are primarily an online service or company than no, you should not switch domains for them. Consumers will always trust primary TLDs over international TLDs. It's because people are familiar with those primary TLDs and trust them.

FranksToys, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  14. multiplecloud-zid

multiplecloud-zid Member

Best Answers:
    I am living in Thailand. For TLD info in Thailand .co.th is for business that required some paper work and .in.th is required ID to register

multiplecloud-zid, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  15. dether

dether Peon

Best Answers:
    I had the same problem a few months ago when I was looking at how I could register a Thai domain name. Unfortunately, for many exotic domains like co.th, .no, .ca, etc.. you need something like Local Presence and Trustee Services. I personally use http://web-solutions.eu for those domains. They've got good support and reasonable prices for restricted domains with a trustee service. For me guy from abroad :) it's cheaper and easier way to get this domain without dealing with all formalities on my own.

dether, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  16. delix

delix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If we are talking about .CO.TH domain for people outside Thailand this is my advice: https://europeid.com/domains/asia/thailand/register-co-th/ reliable thai domains registrar with local presence and trademark protection.

delix, Mar 21, 2016 IP