1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Very High Competitive Keyword

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by jannus, Dec 17, 2013.

Hello everyone, Base on you own experience how long it will take to get on the top of the Very High Competitive Keyword?

jannus, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  2. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Based on my experience there is no hard and fast rule it depends on what you are doing? We are struggling since 6 months to rank our keyword on top and still we or way behind and guess what we have done all the things !!! So, in my opinion it could take 1 month or more than one year, it all depends on what you are doing.

John Dave, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  3. My Property Stores

My Property Stores Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is based on how u working on that particular matter also very much depends on the website content, quality of web site, keywords of the pages. google's algorithm is very complex in nature. follow the rules and regulations and get ranked on top of search result.

My Property Stores, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  4. sonu211

sonu211 Member

Best Answers:
    High Competitive Keywords required more hard Work (SEO) when the less competitive keywords should be Rankup faster with less efforts.

sonu211, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  5. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am agree with "John's" opinion. No one can say exactly as how much time it requires. For a particular keyword while you are trying to get on top, other competitors are also trying to do that, so you need to find out new and different ways of doing SEO and increasing your traffic, only then you will be able to get ahead of others.

spyindiaankur, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  6. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Highly competitive one word keywords usually require thousands of good inbound links. A brand new website can need several years to get high rankings for such a competitive keyword and even established sites can sometimes need more than a year.

karen9999, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  7. jannus

jannus Active Member

Best Answers:
    thank you guys for your inputs, so majority answers is it depends :) you guys have a point maybe it will take months or even a year to get on the top, since ever now and then G make some updates.

jannus, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  8. monfis

monfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This depends on the efforts you put into SEO and on the competition for your site.
    During this year I had to deal with two clients and high competition KWs.
    For the first one (toys market) I needed all the year to get in on page one. (no on page was permitted, had to deal with links only)
    The second (health market) was done in six weeks. (all my on page suggestions had been observed and followed)

Just to show possible differences. The time you need depends in first place on your ability to get the on page SEO right.
    The better you can do this the less links you need later.
    Important is of course the power of your competition. If they have truckloads of good links, you will have a very hard life to beat them.

monfis, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  9. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Impossible to say; I've been working with one site for over a year and I'm still ranked second...

SliceOfLife, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  10. amithacseo

amithacseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i am agree with sliceoflife because we cannot predict it as per google behavior you can estimate Google ranking

amithacseo, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  11. baybay

baybay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    for me it has been less than 3 months but since many of the user generated link building tactics are no linger valuable it takes a little longer.

baybay, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  12. jannus

jannus Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd been working my High Competitive KW last November 2013 from 3rd page last week I check its on 2nd page and now 3rd page again... :(

jannus, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    throw money at it.
    Didi are advertising on TV internationally and I bet they're rising quickly up the SERPs as people search for more information and Google (and the rest) take note.

sarahk, Jan 14, 2014 IP
    Nigel Lew likes this.
  14. Lue Hang

Lue Hang Member

Best Answers:
    If you have good SEO, you'll get there, but that requires lots of time or money.

Lue Hang, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  15. Stuart Walker

Stuart Walker Member

Best Answers:
    You might never get on top. If authority sites that Google trusts are ranking ahead of you with a better qualiity backlink profile then why would Google rank you over them?

Stuart Walker, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  16. Robert Fisks

Robert Fisks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I read somewhere that you need to wait at least for 3-4 months until you see your first visitors from google. And after 6-7 months you can see if you are working on the right direction you can start getting more serious traffic from Google and the other search engines.

Robert Fisks, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  17. Amarkolom

Amarkolom Active Member

Best Answers:
    High competitive means there are many people who want to advertise on google of their product. Its for advertiser , no need to worry for this . if you are doing blog to make money then always you should choose high competitive keyword to get more advertiser on your site via adesens.

Amarkolom, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  18. jannus

jannus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I do some white hat as much as possible. never focusing to my main kw, maybe you have better suggestion?

In my opinion its not just for advertisers, and honestly I'm bit worrying because its 3 months from now last month my kw went to 2nd page now its 3rd again.

I agree that IF the website is new, since the site is old there's really something I need to know. Please share any ideas..

care to share some of your techniques? it will be so much appreciated...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    jannus, Jan 20, 2014 IP