1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where is your favorite tourist spot?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mrh mamun, Jan 20, 2014.

Any one have favorite tourist spot? please say i want to visit with my friends.

Mrh mamun, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    My favourite so far? That is a difficult choice as I enjoy travelling a lot. I have seen some truly beautiful places (cities, village, countryside, mountains, coasts, etc) all around Europe. They were all good for different reasons.

Russia - I felt at home and very safe. From a tourist's point of view, The Kremlin (in Moscow) was very, very disappointing. (In fact, I enjoyed the one in Nizhny Novgorod much more.) Otherwise, everything else was great, especially the village we stayed in (where my wife's family lives) as it was a slower, much more peaceful way of life.

Poland - it has lots to offer and the coast is great; beautiful, quite peaceful, good value for money. Much more fun than the typical tourist resorts found in Spain and similar.

Switzerland - an expensive country but places such as Lucerne, Locarno and Bellinzona (to name a few) are incredibly beautiful. It's also a great walk over into Italy. The lakes and mountains are breathtaking.

Norway - incredible natural beautiful, friendly people, damn expensive. Back in 2002 I paid about £5 just for half pint of beer (about 250ml). Still, it's an unmissable experience. Sweden is also cool, so it's worth getting a rail pass and travelling around both (I did so during March back in 1998, breathtaking views and many areas were still heavily snow covered).

Finland - it's so damn clean and will always hold a special place in my heart as it's where my wife and I got married. Tampere, to be precise, which also has the best pizzeria. Ever. I highly recommend the "Quattro Selvaggina" (it's on their menu: http://pizzerianapoli.fi/en/menus/) with beer. Wild boar, ostrich and venison as toppings!

Those would be my "top picks".

ryan_uk, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  3. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, tricky one, we've done all the usual tourist destinations, Turkey was one of our favorites, a beautiful country but the people were just so in your face and just wanted to part you from your cash any way they could which was a shame.
    I think my favorite place was Amsterdam and we are planning to go there again in the very near future.

malky66, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  4. alinasandor

alinasandor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I love Turner Falls, Oklahoma. The falls are lovely and the river is nice and cool in the summer.

alinasandor, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  5. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I live in the Rocky Mountains so I like to visit places that are different and exotic from where I live. I am into the outdoors I like to see natural splendors.

-Hawaii is very nice it has great beaches, waterfalls, jungles, deserts, coral reefs. If you look around you can find some great secluded beaches and not see other people.

-The Pacific coast Nth California and Oregon are really nice in the late summer when it is hot in the states because most of the coast stays foggy and cool. The redwood forests are really spectacular and the you can find very nice stretches of coastline that are great for hiking, beach combing, looking at wales and seals.

averyz, Jan 20, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  6. Ghost Writer

Ghost Writer Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, that's freaky... I had every intention of commenting saying that the 'Rocky Mountains' are my favourite place to go visit! Since I've moved to Canada I've been there 3 times and I just feel like all my problems go away and for just a few days I get to kick back and enjoy the scenery! It's definitely my Canadian goal in life to live nearer to the mountains some day.

Ghost Writer, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  7. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mine is "Manali" in India. It has been really blessed with the beauty of God....

spyindiaankur, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  8. Ann Joseph

Ann Joseph Active Member

Best Answers:
    Kerala ,India also known as Gods own Country ... :)

Ann Joseph, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  9. JackyS

JackyS Member

Best Answers:
    Mine is the Korean folk village a little south of Seoul--it's a simply beautiful place.

JackyS, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  10. athiframdan

athiframdan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Shimla in India ....really gung ho

athiframdan, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  11. JENNIFER23

JENNIFER23 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    May be Mysore

JENNIFER23, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  12. asghar.paracha

asghar.paracha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think Northern Areas of Pakistan are the best for tourism. Sawat, Gilgit, Chitral etc, my best places to visit and enjoy.

asghar.paracha, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  13. rymwriter

rymwriter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My favorite tour spot is in my country. Bali is the best place in the world. It is paradise of south east Asia. You should visit it when you have leisure time.

rymwriter, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  14. adacprogramming

adacprogramming Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been spending quite a bit of time lately in the Dominican Republic.

One of the "All Inclusive" resorts has deals as low as about $20 per person per night. Just got to know how to find the deals!

adacprogramming, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    San Diego on the other side of the country from where I live. One of my rules of life is that if you can touch a palm tree, you are in good shape, climate-wise because they do not live in nasty places. When I leave Rhode Island by plane, they sometimes fly over the Atlantic ocean. Later that day we land right alongside the Pacific ocean in SD or LA. To see both of these oceans on the same day is pretty cool.

As I write this, we are being hit by a snowstorm that is expected to add another ten inches of snow to the 18 inches we already have on the ground. Wouild like to be in San Diego now.

jrbiz, Feb 15, 2014 IP
    Foxxy likes this.
  16. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've taken the time to live a couple of years in the ones I really enjoyed (San Diego...DC...Vegas). It always gave me time to do absolutely everything, and gave a different perspective on the destination. Of the places I haven't lived...

Favorite: Singapore, specifically Sentosa Island. There are so many things to do on Sentosa that you can literally go there every day for 3-4 days before you've done it all. That's not even going into all the other stuff there is to do in Singapore. For those who like animals, their zoo is second only to San Diego, with an elephant show that was amazing.

Worst: Paris -- I encountered nothing but problems in Paris and everything cost about 10x what it should. I mean no offense to anyone from France and a lot of people adore Paris, but my experience there was not pleasant.

Foxxy, Feb 15, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  17. Catzy

Catzy Member

Best Answers:
    Anyplace that is warm takes my breath away. After living in COLD ass climates most of my life, I regress to warm weather. I would have to put these top spot: the Canary Islands, St. Johns, UVSI, Cayman Islands....Bali, St. Martin/St.Barths, and of course Malibu! As for the USA...I really like San Diego too, but San Francisco takes my breathe away...driving from LA to San Fran is cool..pacific coast highway - simply breathtaking!

If I had to select my cold weather spots all that @Ryan-uk suggested were good ones. I haven't been to Russia so that leaves that one out. But I'd add Austria to my list as well...esp. the mountain side ski slopes.

Catzy, Feb 16, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  18. Piglet24

Piglet24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Philippines!! Try Boracay or Palawan.. that is if you like white sand beaches.

Piglet24, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  19. Constructor Decasa

Constructor Decasa Active Member

Best Answers:
    Everybody will have a personal favorite place where they want to go when they want to go...
    A place that gives you plenty of energy...
    A place to forget your sorrows....
    A place to start everything again....

Constructor Decasa, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  20. subhan ali

subhan ali Banned

Best Answers:
    i like always Manali

subhan ali, Mar 6, 2014 IP