1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you choose a valuable domain?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Abi-chan, Jan 20, 2014.

A valuable Domain Name is as important as your company's name. Domain Name , it stands for your brand , and expand your businss without area's limited.
    But how do you choose a valuable domain name?

Abi-chan, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  2. Amarkolom

Amarkolom Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know after Penguin update it is not essential to choose exact match domain and if you use exact match domain , spider will understand that you are trying to force it to give you the 1st position , so they will check your total content and site quality to make your site justice. But it is not quality then they will not give you ranking easily.

Amarkolom, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  3. content4cool

content4cool Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree but still it has to be memorable keyword.

content4cool, Jan 20, 2014 IP
    Amarkolom likes this.
  4. Mrh mamun

Mrh mamun Member

Best Answers:
    Domain name should easy to remember, if possible its should your keyword, niche related/your contented related and should not be copy another domain name like blogger4(dot)com.

Mrh mamun, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  5. agmccall

agmccall Active Member

Best Answers:
    Easy to remember, rolls off the tongue easily, and not easily mis-spelled

al

agmccall, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  6. Solar Oblivion

Solar Oblivion Member

Best Answers:
    Your domain name should be short, easy to remember, have a PR, high quality backlinks, and be related to your niche.

Solar Oblivion, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  7. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exact match is always important. SE working principles constantly change but my domains don't change.

Branding is a different concept. The hardest part is to build a brand, not domain, not SEO or anything related to the internet World.

makeit easy, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  8. irfanmau

irfanmau Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    choose a 'spellable' and short .com domain.. it's very valuable

irfanmau, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  9. dayvo

dayvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Easy to spell is something I always go for - I try to imaging talking to someone on the phone and telling them the domain name. If at any point I need to spell it for them then I move on to the next .

dayvo, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  10. onlineaholic

onlineaholic Peon

Best Answers:
    For me, I would go for a brandable domain name rather than some EMDs.

onlineaholic, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  11. eranet2chan

eranet2chan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,expert! You're so wonderful! Choose a domain name, it must be easy to remember and to spell. High PR is important. But if you register a domain name,how will you choose?

eranet2chan, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  12. philnet

philnet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure that the domain name is as important as the quality of the site that it represents.
    What I mean is, I'd bet that facebook.com is a very valuable domain but entirely based on the quality and popularity of the underlying site. The same thing goes for google, yahoo, imdb (the list goes on...), where are the keywords in the domain? There aren't any, they're just memorable domains backed up by quality sites.

philnet, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  13. content4cool

content4cool Member

Best Answers:
    You're right.
    But we (DP) are not next facebook, imdb... We represent small or medium sized webpages where domain name is of importance.
    Do you agree?

content4cool, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  14. ptrade

ptrade Peon

Best Answers:
    search for domain appraisal and they will give you hints what a domain can be worth

ptrade, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  15. philnet

philnet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To a degree.
    All the large sites (facebook, google et al) started small from an idea that one person or a small group of people had.
    It was an idea that was either new, or was a better implementation of something that already existed.
    I was trying to say that trying to go over the same tired ground repeating what other people have already done, to try and get a little slice of the pie, can be profitable if you rinse and repeat the process until you achieve a reasonable income....
    or
    You could stop following the pack and see what people actually need. If you can do that, the name of the site won't matter as the people will use it whatever you call it.

philnet, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  16. content4cool

content4cool Member

Best Answers:
    I still think for first timers or to increase chance of success with your venture you need to rinse and repeat. You need "just" outsmart and outwork competition and you will have "nice" cash flow. Form me was always cash flow first later big and very risky ventures but without cash flow you can't do shit.
    I do realize there are people out there who will succeed enormously( I mean BIG BIG ) but I want to be realistic to myself and making sure I don't dent my confidence and belief to much. I still will make it. But not, probably not BIG BIG. :D

content4cool, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  17. Dave Goehst

Dave Goehst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, to answer the initial question about choosing relevant domains: a domain is only as relevant as the business resting atop of it.

Next, tackling the issue of SEO potential: again, somehow funny names like Orkut and Fiverr have managed to monetize and grow within the search engines; this simply means having an aggressive approach to SEM will assist in making any domain name grow. Remember, Google has moved away from keyword slamming, and has moved towards relevant content and social media interactivity. Keep these things in mind.

Finally, remember that marketing domains takes a substantial investment, but one that can be creatively devised.

Dave Goehst, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  18. faizzsheikh

faizzsheikh Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have this perception that having a keyword in the domain will be good for you to get visitors and traffic and conversion then you are wrong. Google will not entertain your website if you have a keyword in your domain name. In fact it will penalize you for that. So choose a domain name that is neutral.

All The Best!

faizzsheikh, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  19. gambler53

gambler53 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll summarize in one sentence. Your domain name needs to be as relevant and as short as possible.

gambler53, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  20. Williammarkenn

Williammarkenn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    your domain name should be short because If your domain name is long and complex, you risk customers mistyping or misspelling it. Short and simple is the way to go.

Williammarkenn, Jan 31, 2014 IP