1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What IP Google See

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Aviator Wayer, Jan 18, 2014.

I am currently hosting my websites on shared IP with my other Websites on different cPanel accounts and Shares IP with other WHM account holders.

If I buys 1 IP dedicated to 1 particular cPanel account, and my hosting provider says that IP's for custom nameservers will remain same. Is Google going to see this dedicated IP or the Nameserver IP's or other IP shared with other cPanel accounts?

Aviator Wayer, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  2. DominionHosting

DominionHosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    More importantly does Google care? Absolutely not.

DominionHosting, Jan 18, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk and Nigel Lew like this.
  3. Aviator Wayer

Aviator Wayer Banned

Best Answers:
    Noob, google does care.

4. DominionHosting

Best Answers:
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is entirely accurate.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  6. Aviator Wayer

Aviator Wayer Banned

Best Answers:
    SEO in 2000 was like launching rocket from Earth and in 2014 SEO is like landing a Rover on Mars. If IP on which the website is hosted wasn't taken in account then SEO-Hosting's wouldn't have existed and there wouldn't be any C-Class IP backlinks.

People I require proper answer to my question above.

7. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    SEO hosting is a myth/marketing ruse.

If you don't set your nameserver IP to the IP of the one you are purchasing nothing is going to work in the first place. It should see the dedicated IP. The other one is likely shared and the fallback IP.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  8. DominionHosting

Best Answers:
    Its because of people like you that ipv4 is almost exhausted.

Again do you own research. Do a google search for anything, anything at all and count how many sites are on dedicated ip's and how many are on shared ip's.

There is no proper answer because its irrelevant. Its a question that doesn't matter. Google looks at content more than anything. Ip's, backlinks, or any other SEO crap is of very little value. Google is way smarter than any of us. If we happen to find a little trick that works it won't last long. Focues on content that people want and are searching for.

9. links4rank

links4rank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google cares about your IPs. US people and UK people got the different results.

links4rank, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  10. DominionHosting

Best Answers:
    That has nothing to do with the ip address of the web site. The results different because of the ip address of your own computer at home. This is not what this thread is about.

DominionHosting, Jan 19, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  11. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can the Rover obtain anchor text dofollow backlinks from Mars ?

Like others were saying most websites are on shared hosting, the only SEO issue I know of with "C-Class IP backlinks" is when people put a ton of sites with backlinks on one IP address then google sees they all come from the same ip so it looks like you are just giving yourself backlinks.

averyz, Jan 19, 2014 IP
    malky66 and ryan_uk like this.
  12. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Stuff like that exists because of myths and even if these are proven BS, it's a marketing opportunity; i.e. make money out of those foolish enough to believe in it. Where there is demand, there will always be supply. There are so many moronic myths in SEO. It often reminds me of when I worked in "Wintel" desktop and server support; people threw so many "fixes" at user profile/desktop problems that they never knew what actually fixed it and believed so many different myths.

Shared hosting is so damn common that if Google gave a crap about the IPs a significantly large volume of websites would be screwed. I know there is some very spammy crap on the shared hosting I am using, but it has not harmed my rankings.

Google has proved time and again (through the closure of blog networks and other link schemes) that different IPs don't make a difference. They can still track down and penalise these networks. But you can continue burying your head in the sand and believing myths.

ryan_uk, Jan 19, 2014 IP
    malky66 and averyz like this.
  13. Aviator Wayer

Aviator Wayer Banned

Best Answers:
    But I build backlinks to 3 of my websites from same list of Article Directories, Web 2.0, Social Bookmarking etc and they use to rank Top 5 before Penguin/Panda update and now all 3 of them are Top 125
    Got hit big because I bought spam backlinks from WF Blackhaters. I Disavow spammy backlinks for 1 site and started building quality backlinks myself with unique and Quality Spun-with manual corrections.... But here I am worried if these websites will not be able to rank if they gets backlinks from same set of Article Directories, Web 2.0, Social Bookmarking etc.... Everyone on WF was buying Backlinks from Blog-Networks but this was the mistake I made.

Aviator Wayer, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  14. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    IP of your site is the A record of its DNS zone. All the other IP addresses in the World and all other functions of your site IP are irrelevant to your site.
    As far as I know, SE's use IP addresses of websites as one of their billions of tools to determine website networks and understand their backlink structures and movements between those networks. IP is just a single tool for them to catch your "spam" actions. Lol :)

makeit easy, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  15. multiplecloud-zid

multiplecloud-zid Member

Best Answers:
    Google does not care that you are using dedicated ip or not. As long as you have dedicated ip in the same server, Google still see that you are the same identity.

multiplecloud-zid, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  16. Derek Land

Derek Land Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you're building a PBN then you have to be careful about IPs. I give you that so many websites are now on shared hosting, but Google obviously tracks how website link to each other. Even if it poses no red flags atm it's a good protection in the future.

Instead of arguing, try it for yourself - buy some cheap shared hosting from Hostgator and put a small network on there, and do the same with a network spread out over several IPs. I'll wager you'll see the difference. Putting a network on shared hosting is just foolish, especially when there are plenty of cheap options on the market for other options.

Derek Land, Mar 1, 2014 IP
  17. RobinInTexas

RobinInTexas Active Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter, period. If you are using a CDN which is a best practice, you IP will appear the same as hundreds of unrelated sites. Google can't even tell who you are using for hosting.

RobinInTexas, Mar 1, 2014 IP