1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help Setting Up A Blog Network

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by stevepmd1974, Jan 16, 2014.

Hello,
    I would like to set up a blog network I have about 50 domain names and some very good wordpress themes.

What I need to find out is there any programs to help me manage these sites any tips or tricks would be a big help I would like to stay on the strait but grey is ok to if you know what I mean.

I'm also open to new ideas and ways to set them up.

Thanks

stevepmd1974, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  2. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are all sites powered by self-hosted Wordpress?
    How many staff do you have for 50 sites?
    People might want to know about above things, before to provide tips for you.

atsad, Jan 17, 2014 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  3. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:

I agree, I have run 100+ sites at once, not easy

sundaybrew, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  4. Alto Pluma

Alto Pluma Member

Best Answers:
    I hope these help

1.) ManageWP.com (FREE) - provides a single web-based control panel for all of the sites you own, giving you the ability to manage content across unlimited sites with both a single login and a single submission

2.) http://cloudtweaks.tradepub.com/free/w_lynd55/prgm.cgi - "Creating and Managing a Blog Network with WordPress" – Author Justin Seeley presents the WordPress Multisite feature, which allows web site designers and administrators to create a network of sites and blogs from a single installation of WordPress.

Alto Pluma, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  5. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "If you manage less than 5 websites you can use ManageWP absolutely for free." this is what their site saying on home page.

2nd point: I never encourage anyone to use such online tools where secret information (like password etc.) of the sites are to be shared.

Because security is a great concern.

atsad, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  6. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My best advice would be to sign up for a WordPress Account:
    http://wordpress.com/

Then Install the Jetpack Plugin on all of your WP Blogs:
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack/

Activate the Jetpack Plugin with the same WordPress Account in all of the Sites.

Activate the WordPress.com Statistics option inside Jetpack.

Now you can see what's going on in all of your blogs straight from your WordPress.com Account. You can see the Traffic Statistics with a lot of details and you can also manage all of the comments from all of your registered blogs from one page.

WordPress.com and the Jetpack Plugin will help you manage all of your WP Blogs from the WordPress.com Dashboard.

Try this out and see how it works for you!

Hope this helps!

I wish you much success in your journey online!

Cheers! :cool:

Snoopy240, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  7. stevepmd1974

stevepmd1974 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks atsad for that tip I should give the most information to make it easer for members to help.

So here is a updated post. I'm going to start the blog network with 10 of my best domain names for now untill I get more expereance. I have some new questions.
    Question #1 should each domain name have its on IP address and second question to that should it me private? C-Class?

Question #2 Whats the best hosting for a blog network I have be using a hostgator re-sell account it just seemed easier for me to manage. So what would be the beter wat to go at least to start out.

Question #3 Articles what are some reliable sources for origanal content ghost writers.

Question #3 Where would I find the best wordpress S.E.O Plugins or would it be beter to hire someone to to this as I'm in this for the long haul no cheap short cuts.

Thanks again for all your help so far and if I have to buy or sign up for some services I will trye to contact some of the people who have helped me here.

stevepmd1974, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  8. pnp4all

pnp4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Solution #1 should each domain name have its on IP address (NOT ACTUALLY REQUIRED) and
    second question to that should it me private? C-Class? ( Yes, It would be an better opt. but not compulsory what i think. )

Solution #2 hosting for a blog network I have be using a hostgator re-sell account it just seemed easier for me to manage. So what would be the beter wat to go at least to start out. ( Hostgator is best, you can go with minimum Baby Plan in Shared Hosting Plans )

Solution #3 Articles what are some reliable sources for origanal content ghost writers. ( You can find them on DP, check writers reviews and try base upon you niche)

Solution #3 Where would I find the best wordpress S.E.O Plugins or would it be beter to hire someone to to this as I'm in this for the long haul no cheap short cuts. ( can take hire from DP , But take care of Content Quality, it will bring sites up for good content with good niche automatically )

pnp4all, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  9. Rix777

Rix777 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hey, I know its too late, yea the answer to every question are correct, just little advice your domain should have different dns because usually reseller only have one dns.

Rix777, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  10. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    And this is why the wordpress bubble has popped, wordpress & blogs in general have a bad reputation now... every man & his dog has one... then we have individuals who try to managae a shit load at once, let's be honest, they offer no value to the web & further bury wordpress & blogs into the shite.

thsadmin, Mar 18, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk and malky66 like this.
  11. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Very true, and 90% of them should be wiped from the internet altogether, they're mostly made by idiots thinking they can copy & paste or spin someone elses content into a wordpress set-up and have the nerve to call it a blog.

malky66, Mar 18, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  12. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Exactly, there's some out there that provide useful content for webmasters for example, templates, themes, plugins, software reviews... then there's some good news blogs/magazine formats... but then there's dribble made for Adsense & to earn primarily from the ad's - they provide no value at all. In my opinion if you're not a writer & have little talent - don't bother blogging. There's plenty of other avenues to get into, start designing, get into media, graphics, make games or apps. If you learn something that not many people know, then you establish a skill & can develop a market/products to actually sell or earn from. The webs changing & so are search engines. Long lengthy articles no longer dominate & neither does key word stuffing... Blogs & especially wordpress are starting to die out... that fad & era is dead. Mobile platforms are the new trend... most people these days are glued to their mobile devices & it's time to leverage off that market - that's what's bringing in high reseller value, apps on Facebook are a huge cash earner, on iTunes, Google Play etc.

thsadmin, Mar 18, 2014 IP