1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does PR exists ???

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by John Dave, Jan 17, 2014.

I've been hearing a lot that PR's is dead and when I urge to others that no it's not recently on december Google has Updated PR. All of them stick on it saying that no its dead you will not find any site whose PR has updated. In fact they told me that Google has replaced PR with Page Authority (PA) and Domain Authority (DA). I Still not at all believe it but what i can see is my PR has also been updated from over a long time. So, members of Digital Point please help me in deciding is PR dead or not ?

John Dave, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  2. shsh1232

shsh1232 Member

Best Answers:
    We have to wait till next update to see whether it is dead or not !! I know it enrolled in december last time after 6 month.!!! I viewed the post of matt cutts about the post regarding pagerank, that time he said that "I will be surprised if that happened before 2014" Instead it enrolled in december

shsh1232, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  3. Robinox

Robinox Active Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by "is dead"? Toolbar PR still exists, Google still provides it in their Google toolbar, but unfortunatelly, it has no influence to anything. There isn't any kind of corellation between PR and SERP position, amount of visitors, or anything else. They provide it only for confusing webmasters, I guess.

Robinox, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  4. eugenefarber

eugenefarber Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It may not have a direct correlation on SERP position but it does still signal how "authoritative" a site is in Google's eyes. It's still a useful metric for identifying quality backlinks. It's not the only one, of course, but since it's Google's metric (unlike Moz's Domain and Page Authority, for example), I wouldn't completely disregard it. And they just updated it...can't call it dead. They update their internal PR all the time anyway...just because you're not seeing the update in the toolbar doesn't mean it's not being updated.

eugenefarber, Jan 17, 2014 IP
    John Dave likes this.
  5. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's useful if you buy links (or sell of course!)... It could be helpful for some websites, but not the MOST imporant factor to increase your SERP... But there're a lot of people that still believe PR is one important factor to build your QUALITY backlinks... Just to say that you can get a QUALITY PR1 backlink and meanwhile you can have LOW QUALITY PR5 backlink! ;)

patco, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  6. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt that its dead, its probably just more difficult to increase now. I have seen people increase theirs though.

ash1ey82, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  7. jefferyjansen

jefferyjansen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is true that PR has changed but PA and DA have a larger affect and have for at least a year. I consider PR to be the 3rd or 4th most important part of backlinks that I look for.

jefferyjansen, Jan 17, 2014 IP
    John Dave likes this.