1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Unnatural links - How to Get Rid of Unwanted Backlinks

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by thanapa, Jan 15, 2014.

Hi Guys,

I got a lot of directory links most of sites are now PR0 and same from artciles directories.We build thoses sites around 5-6 years ago to our old website.

Now we have a new site, i used 301 redirects to pass links value to new website lansing pages. I got Google Unnatural links message last week :(. So if I delete all 301 redirects from htaccess file, would you think google will consider this ? Let me know your feedback

Many thanks
    st

thanapa, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  2. Apocrypha

Apocrypha Member

Best Answers:
    In Google Webmaster Tools there is a place to 'Disavow Links', where you manually tell Google that a link going to your site is spam or unnatural.
    If you have hundreds it may take a while, but it'll be worth it. Normally you'll have to explain why its bad and that you've taken all steps to make it better.

More info here:
    https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/2648487?hl=en

Apocrypha, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  3. FranksToys

FranksToys Member

Best Answers:
    Horrible advice
    When you receive an unnatural link warning like you did you are required to remove the links and clean up your link profile. You can disavow everything all day and every day and you will never remove your penalty.
    An unnatural link warning is a manual penalty and to recover you'll want to identify all of the artificial links and start removing them.
    In order to do so you'll need to look deep into your links and find out which links are the cause of your problem. Directory links will need to be removed, article links, blog network links, paid links and so forth.
    Be sure you are documenting the whole process when you are removing links so you can submit this to Google. Otherwise Google will not believe that any work has been done.
    I'd suggest using a service for link removals as there's a good one that will help you do everything and get the penalty removed for you.

FranksToys, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  4. thanapa

thanapa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all, I manage to get out from manual penalty after 7 working days. It is really good feeling after all hard work. Look like Google want to see your action against thoses links. If anyone want to know about Google FLA please let me know .

thanapa, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  5. Lexy

Lexy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The main question is - does your new website have some other spammy links, apart from those coming to the old site? If not, removing 301 should help as the new domain whould have no backlinks at all.

Lexy, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  6. MS Qureshi

MS Qureshi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Checkout this useful post for removing spammy Backlinks. If you still have problems removing the links comment your query below the post. How to Remove Fake Backlinks

MS Qureshi, Feb 21, 2015 IP
  7. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So what did you do to recover? Did you remove 301 redirect or just cleaned up the profile?
    7 working days is a very fast TAT to remove the penalty.

praetserge, Feb 24, 2015 IP