1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make money from your hobbies

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by HorrorMovies, Jan 14, 2014.

A little while ago I started a blog about SEO and tips, tricks that I have been using to make money online. I have about 10 years experience so I am bound to have a few interesting ideas eh!?

I have started off with a guide of my thought process and methods for creating a website within my interests which in general start making good money within 3 months.

The first few parts show how I decide what to base the website on with a few quick questions and then how to go about setting up the website with a design etc. But part 3, 4 and 5 cover topics that I see being asked and discussed on a daily basis here on Digital Point and a few other forums I am active on.

Part 3 (Next Week): Optimizing the website for SEO and garnering social signals. Also a few tips on how to increase sharing of your website.

Part 4 (End Of next week): What content you should be adding to your website in order to keep your readers coming back and discussing your content.

Part 5 (Start of the week after): Different methods of making money. A lot of people use Adsense which is great for some websites but I have some great tips for making money using different methods.

I will post here again with updates to this series of posts but if anyone has questions, or even anything they can add then let us all know!

http://www.natepayne.co.uk/how-to-turn-hobby-interest-into-money-making-website/2014/01/14/

HorrorMovies, Jan 14, 2014 IP
    Alyssa Lochmore likes this.
  2. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    I say Step #1 is to stop treating our hobbies like hobbies. LOL I have a tendency to procrastinate, and procrastinators hardly ever prosper very fast. Am I right? :) Thanks for the tips.

Alyssa Lochmore, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  3. Stuart Walker

Stuart Walker Member

Best Answers:
    Hobbies are a great way to make cash online as when you love and are passionate about something you can easily write with authority and in great detail on it. Your audience recognizes that and will trust you.

Stuart Walker, Jan 15, 2014 IP
    HorrorMovies likes this.
  4. ariyankumar

ariyankumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Start a forum. Get on here and ask for people to jv with you. If your interested in some seo help contact me we can get it cracking :).

ariyankumar, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  5. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You are right. Being lazy doesn't pay. Trust me. I learned that the easy way. :)

dailybread2011, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  6. Lightsaber

Lightsaber Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to make money from your hobby is to treat it like a real business.

Lightsaber, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  7. Amarkolom

Amarkolom Active Member

Best Answers:
    Without interest it is really hard to do better on a thing ,some people do really brilliant result on their study , but some fails to do. The main reason behind it is hobby or interest. From my childhood my hobby is net surfing and i am doing marketing job easily :) . I know a man who is a doctor , but i tried to learnt him how to send a mail :( he never try to catch the process and every time he calls me , though i am busy :p . So hobby is first thing to choose your profession

Amarkolom, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  8. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would treat your hobby like a dream job you would have. You still have fun but you are always hard at work.

Dionne Taylor, Jan 21, 2014 IP