1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to do SEO for E commerce portal

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by killbut, Jan 15, 2014.

Hi guys. what would be the best and unique techniques to improve traffic and keyword position for an E Commerce portal. i am not expecting normal answers like article sub,press release etc.
    is there any good technique to get on top in Google please suggest me guys.

Solved! View solution.
    killbut, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  2. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all you have to create a user-friendly site for e-commerce Portal and i guess you have already done that :D. You need to optimize your Meta properly according to your targeted location (Location where you would like to target your business). You could also run campaign for your
    e-commerce site to get more goal conversion ratio. Also move forwards with business listing, b2b(Business to Business like tradeindia.com, alibaba.com) create your profile on these site it will help you more interacting with thousands of user round the globe. Social media marketing is another great way to get organic traffic as well as it will help you in spreading your business around. :)

John Dave, Jan 15, 2014 IP
    kingofking likes this.
  3. santhoshreddi

santhoshreddi Active Member

Best Answers:
    well said John,
    Use Social media networking websites for product promotions, Use local classifieds for offers and new arrivals and discounts.
    Use Q&A websites for product promotions.

santhoshreddi, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  4. Star Web Maker

Star Web Maker Member

Best Answers:
    SEO for E Commerce, I think before you can download SEO tools, RSSFeed, Sitemap optimization, keyword optimization etc. More

Star Web Maker, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  5. Lexy

Lexy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried to generate detailed reports (MajesticSEO, Ahrefs etc.) with links to your competition? You should find there some ideas of places where you can add your link.

What's the subject of your website?

Lexy, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  6. Nirav Asif

Nirav Asif Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Clap for your post John!
    I want to adjoin some...
    For me, if anyone wants to increase just traffic for this e commerce site, then he can do effective SEO to rank his site. But I think for real customers of various products are engaged in relevant forums and social media sites like Facebook. He should definitely engage in those areas where his targeted buyers are talking about the services/products. Promote in forums can surely increase his sales.

Nirav Asif, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  7. killbut

killbut Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys.i really looking for a well established dp user to reply on this. Finger crossed..

killbut, Jan 16, 2014 IP
    Hi Kill,

Doing SEO for e-commerce website needs more attention and care than the other websites. Here i am going to share you about some useful tips which takes your website higher in keyword position as well as traffic.

1. Plan your website design - user should able to identify exactly what they have come for.
    2. Focus on your onpage – Meta tags - title ( cache title are good to cover a user) , keywords - Target for a long tail keyword, even you can go for phrase for eCommerce website. , Description – Write a description which meet your standards.
    3. Show some interest to your users – like offers, gifts, discounts and prizes. ( this is one of valuable technique to increase your traffic )
    4. Make sure you have placed your social media buttons and likes page in your website. It makes them to trust you more and able to share with others. Also put an enquiry form at the sidebar or at the bottom of the page.
    5. Some off page techniques – Social media ( be active in your social media , try to post informatively about your products, share, like, retweet and give comments for other posts.) , content – eCommerce doesn’t need too many content but posting on other high PR site would brings quality backlink for your website. , Last and most important thing is posting in script directories and community site would bring you tons of traffic and enquiry.
    6. If possible you can also run ads for your website.

aceriker, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  9. killbut

killbut Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot. it sounds good.

killbut, Jan 21, 2014 IP