1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to start SEO for a new website ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Kim Sharma, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you. I have seen about 10 useful posts in this board in like 3 years now. I agree with you here.

Parroting shit from 6 years ago that was not accurate even then, is not advice. I will kindly ask you folks to please stfu because you have no idea what you are talking about.

When someone asks "how do I rank my site better" there is no answer to that question when its entirely devoid of context so please stop answering it.

I just had an idea actually. No one is allowed to post here unless you can pass a test qualifying that you have read the sticky by Dan.

Caveat: John Dave, likely fake name and all is not in my crosshairs here. Its fairly clear that if hired to do something SEO related he is not going to get you punted from G.

I grow weary of reading this board for the same reason outlined above. If you have nothing new to profer don't say anything.
    /end rant but likely only for a sec.
    Nigel

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    Nigel Lew, Jan 14, 2014 IP
    BluRank likes this.
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lets start here. It is google's job to return the most relevant result for x query. So, in order to rank well, you have to make the site actually relevant...

how do we do this?....

Go...

if you find it necessary to answer my question with a question.. don't post a response because you have already failed said test.

N.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    Nigel Lew, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  3. gr8mudassir

gr8mudassir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dear Dont take any tension, if you need traffic then apply for Social Media Marketing and if you need traffic and ranking,then apply On page first and after this Off Page. In both,you have to get backlinks for your website and blog.

gr8mudassir, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  4. ivink3aray

ivink3aray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    create a fresh content and consistence

ivink3aray, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  5. swapcs

swapcs Member

Best Answers:
    If your site contains enough contents then you should edit them following hummingbird-SEO strategy thereafter fundamental on-page SEO. Every new post or copywrite also needed follow long tail keyword formula. Finishing On-page SEO, then you should go for linking thru sharing the sight content to various social sites, bookmark site, directory sites, signature sites, QnA sites, Article-submission sites so on. In addition, Google authority page is essential even for the better foundation of your sight SEO. Get a well start.

swapcs, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  6. reenajoon

reenajoon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Start from On-Page than go for Off-Page.
    First do all activity of On-Page like meta tag, canonical issue, website design etc.

reenajoon, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  7. Alexisnicholson

Alexisnicholson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social Media Optimization help in conversions through SEO but you need to be keep updating strategies and finding the best one for your project .

Alexisnicholson, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  8. mikeid22

mikeid22 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I really don't want to be discouraging, but the question is a too broad to be honest.

Ranking in Google is an on-going process involving a plethora of considerations. I'd recommend grabbed a few gallons of fresh coffee and reading about:

* Technical on-page SEO (not some out of date semi-spam gibberish, but decent, technical SEO)
    * Link popularity - What makes a good link, earning vs. building links, background on Google penalties and also Google updates for the last 2 or 3 yrs.
    * Social media and it's impact on search (whether direct - shares for rankings, or indirect - building relationships on social to open the doors for gaining organic links)
    * Building relationships and authority online - and how to leverage these for PR (NOT PageRank! Public Relations and press/blog mentions etc!).

Once you've read up on those topics I'd suggest testing out the theory on a few blogs etc to make sure you know how to put the theory into practice.

The problem you'll find on many forums is that you'll get out of date info from people that label themselves as 'white hat' SEOs, then go on to suggest article submission and mass blog commenting, hahaha! Seriously... WTF?!

I'm NOT saying there are zero skilled SEOs on DP forums, I guess there are... but then they'd likely be pricing themselves out of the DP forums marketplace. I do SEO myself, but wouldn't imagine getting a client from DP forums to be honest, I charge too much... I'm here solely for the discussions these days as that's what I enjoy.

Hiring an SEO is a good way to go though, but you'd better make SURE that you hire a decent SEO as in this day & age, choosing the wrong SEO can cause long-term damage to your domain (partly why I suggest setting up a blog to test on first if you want to learn).

If you do really want to learn SEO, one of the most important things to remember is that the best SEO tool in the world is an inquisitive mind! Question everything said by everyone and test things out for yourself when you're ready. When you're considering using a technique, think to yourself "Why do I want to try this technique, what basis is there for me thinking it will work and, if it does work, how do I think it may be effective?" - Final test "If I had to submit a reconsideration request to Google, would I be happy to stand behind this tactic, or would I find myself disavowing the links gained and lying about knowing anything about it?".

Sorry - rant over. :D

On a positive note: SEO - in fact Digital Marketing in general is a fun (sometimes!) and growing industry that's great to work in, so if you can avoid the sharks, learn from your (and other peoples!) mistakes and learn to split test & making improvements, you'll have a great time and potentially earn some decent money too :)

mikeid22, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  9. Victoria Montoya

Victoria Montoya Member

Best Answers:
    Yes totally agreed if someone who is expert in seo let them do activities for your website because it shows clarity in seo activities with not so much of time consumption

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    Victoria Montoya, Jan 15, 2014 IP
    BluRank likes this.
  10. Ved pandey

Ved pandey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    first get targeted keyword for every pages.
    write title,description & keywords.
    do bookmarking as its the best in getting indexed page.
    you can also try directery submission.
    posting blogs.
    you may writing articles, if you are good.

Ved pandey, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  11. Master Directory

Master Directory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    doing submit on social bookmark,web directory,facebook,twitteer

Master Directory, Jan 16, 2014 IP