1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Opinion on costing of SEO services

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by John Dave, Jan 14, 2014.

What are the factors that decide the costing of SEO services ?? I mean, is it based on the current site status or it is same for all the site i.e. Is it going to vary depending upon the website current status or not.

Solved! View solution.
    John Dave, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  2. Ade Vitan

Ade Vitan Member

Best Answers:
    Hey John,
    This pretty much depends on the SEO agency you reach out to help you. They need to take into consideration your goals,a time frame, how achievable your goals are and the amount of changes that need to be made to your website in order to meet these goals. It's all based on current website status, of course, but specific agencies set specific goals (and prices!) depending on your wishes!

Do you have a specific agency in mind? Perhaps it's best to compare their services against your website, see how much you actually want/need and then approach them for a goal-dependent pricing plan.

Ade Vitan, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  3. Giamatti

Giamatti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It actually depends what you want with your site and in what time frame.

Example:
    If you want to rank 1 position higher then your current position within a year then obviously it wont cost you that much (depending on the niche).
    if you want to rank nr 1 for a keyword were you rank 300 for now within 3 months then be prepared to save up for a big budget

Giamatti, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  4. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on many factor (including what Giamatti suggested above ) and many others like the current status of your site is based on on-page SEO stuff. The budget could be high if there are lot more stuff that needs some attention like proper header tags, title, semantic html as so on.

webdev007, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  5. mikeid22

mikeid22 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on SOOOO many factors:

Competitiveness of the industry
    Existing history of the client (domain strength and standing in Google)
    Existing history with the client (between ME and the client - how much trust is there?)
    Length of contract - what is the likely lifetime value of their client, could they lead to other clients?
    Do they want the kind of work I like to provide? - I don't do low-end SEO work personally, so if that's what they want, I'm not the best option for them!

Plus a whole raft of other considerations, like if you're a freelancer with low overheads, or an agency with logs of fixed costs that have to be factored in to the profit margin :)

mikeid22, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  6. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    John Dave, Jan 14, 2014 IP
    Ade Vitan likes this.
  7. mikeid22

mikeid22 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well really it depends on what the goal of the site owner is...

No way to set a single price that matches a local baker wanting to rank in Google for 'bakers in bristol' and also works for a multinational wanting content marketing, social media management and an international SEO campaign ;)

So to some extent you'd need to adapt your pricing to the client and their needs. However for the sake of simplicity of course you could package up several services, allowing the client to choose what packages they want.

I'd say create client service focused packages and give guidance to each client as to which package would suit their needs after having a Q & A session about their goals. Always explaining that as well as packages, you can design bespoke work for them if needed ;)

mikeid22, Jan 15, 2014 IP
    John Dave likes this.
  8. Gregory Elfrink

Gregory Elfrink Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SEO pricing can range anywhere between $500 to $20,000 a month or more depending on the client and the website.

I just got one for $2,000, and have an appointment later today for a $5,000 deal.

What I recommend thinking about before you throw in a price is this equation

Total Price - (Time Investment + Money Investment) = Profits

For small businesses it is very typical for me to charge a $1500 setup fee with a $1,000 a month recurring fee. Because this is enough that it can make it worth my time. That first month I spend all the money on both time investment and money investment into their website to ensure they get rankings.

The 2nd month is mainly all profit for me.

One thing to realize too though is if they are in a competitive market, there might be other SEOs they have to do glorious battle with. If that is case, that $1,000 a month can also be used in part to maintain leadership on the first page of Google for their sites.

Gregory Elfrink, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  9. Gregory Elfrink

Gregory Elfrink Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh and my biggest advice... don't make SEO sound like a commodity.

I have a consultant friend who gets these horrid emails every day talking about affordable SEO packages ($50-$100 a month). It is so low it is almost impossible to do anything successfully with that budget and live off it, not to mention that client will hate SEO people for a long, long time afterwards due to the eventual failure of the service lol.

At least, in my experience

Gregory Elfrink, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  10. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on the keyword. Also if your site is blacklisted, then don't expect a CHEAP service... Also, if you want a FULL SEO package (like On-Page and Off-Page SEO, then it would be much expensive...) -> Better do this yourself, only pay for unique content if you don't have the time to write articles yourself... There are thousands of good and informative articles in this and other SEO related forums! ;)

patco, Jan 18, 2014 IP
    Every site is different, and every website owner has there own expectations, therefore it is often not so "cut and dry".

SearchBliss, Jan 18, 2014 IP