1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Am I the only one that scare's myself

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by GillyWacker, Jan 8, 2014.

Many times when I'm editing getting ready to publish. I will see, like an entire paragraph that is just completely wrong. It's like "What was I thinking?"

Is it just me or does this happen to everyone?

GillyWacker, Jan 8, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Happens to most of us, it's why for the really important/contentious posts it's good to hold the post in draft for 12 or 24 hours and revisit it before publishing. Sometimes being fresh will help you see something that doesn't quite read right.

sarahk, Jan 8, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. BlogStartClub.com

BlogStartClub.com Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Sarahk. Take your time. Write your draft. Then leave it and come back the next day or week even. I normally do this a couple of different times, with 3 or 4 revisions. I find the final product is much better (though with me it really isn't all that good :D).

BlogStartClub.com, Jan 9, 2014 IP
  4. RJCreationzzz

RJCreationzzz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Every good writer has doubts about their own ability to communicate. This is very common and happens to everyone. Don't worry about it. Writing something down, (even if it's not your best work) is better than simply staring at a blank screen, suffering from writer's block. Just write it down on paper or screen and later you can edit and polish until your work shines and will be something you are proud to show off to your blog readers.

RJCreationzzz, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  5. GORF

GORF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The structure of this alone was enough to scare me.

GORF, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  6. GillyWacker

GillyWacker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks, that was helpful.

My grammar is probably that of a juvenile hamster. I have no illusions otherwise. I do address this out of the gate, with my blog. I make no claims to being a technically good writer. Its just something I enjoy doing. And a lot of people suggested I write (not my mom), (well I'm sure she would if she were still around RIP). I have no doubt at times I look like an idiot. Its a shortcoming that is, at times embarrassing. I try and edit most of my idiot out. Not so much on simple forum post's.

I have no intention of causing distress to someone else. Especially on a site like this, with it's friendly posters. Who have already provided so much help. I hope you can accept my sincerest apology for the "Scared moment" I will do my best in the future to keep my post's short

Sincerely
    Bryan

GillyWacker, Jan 14, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk and GORF like this.
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I think @GORF was being witty - and possibly failed. Don't keep posts short if short will miss the point.

sarahk, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  8. GORF

GORF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It was meant half sarcastic and half honest opinion.
    @GillyWacker, let me apologize for not following up as @sarak suggests. You have no reason to apologize for what you admit is not your strength.

8 years of Catholic school (Nuns) and 4 years of vocational/technical High School taught me how to communicate even more properly than what I was taught at home.

It's one thing to be loose and casual when the conversation is such. If you are communicating in a professional/business fashion, leave the slang and loose grammar behind.

Consider these two:

To address your original post; Yes, I find myself looking at a composition and asking "WTF?" sometimes. As others have suggested, take your time and re-read what you plan on putting forward.

GORF, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  9. GillyWacker

GillyWacker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    NP GORF. I kinda exploited your response to anticipate other responses to post's I may make here. Many times I am just jotting down a question on the fly because the kids, work, and the new blogging experience has created an extreme lack of time. This is exaggerated because apparently with my newness comes a high level of inspiration. I have been writing content like crazy (not publishing or editing) Just getting it written so I can use those ideas when I have more time. On good days my grammar is horrible.

GillyWacker, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  10. cyqnusnite

cyqnusnite Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Fortunately most of my content is news content, which is pretty hard to mess up haha

cyqnusnite, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  11. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is good advice. Even waiting a few hours before posting seperates you from what you wrote and you can go back to it. You don't always have to do this, but if you get stuck, it saves you from embarrassing errors.

BoostSoftware, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  12. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It happens all the time and it is a normal thing.

It happens to me all the time. Every time I write new blog posts for my blogs. I write for a while and I just let everything flow out of me. Then I go back and read the whole thing to fix where I screwed up.

I always have to read-proof my articles before publishing them lol - I'm guessing it happens to most people online. :cool:

Snoopy240, Jan 19, 2014 IP