1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I Make Money With Facebook Pages

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by drumminlogan, Jan 14, 2014.

I've been building Facebook pages for quite some time now and have learned a lot over the years. I figured I'd give an overview to the DP community on how I've been able to build up pages that make money, month after month.

The first thing to note is that your page size doesn't matter (well, it does, but let me explain). When coming up with a topic to create for a page, you want to narrow your niche down so people who will like your page have something in common. A general page that has 1,000,000 fans is going to be a lot harder to monetize than a niche page that has 100,000. So instead of trying to build a general "I Love Laughing" type of fan page, create them around peoples passions. I love TV shows and sports teams. You can do whatever you like, just make sure many people are passionate about it.

What I generally do is brain storm up 5-10 ideas. Then I'll go ahead and create a fan page for each. Add a profile image, cover images, and find 3-4 images to post to the page.

Then once all of them are setup I'll create small targeted campaigns to each and set my bid to $3/day or so for each page. If you have limited funds, just test out 2-3 pages. What you're looking for is a target audience that will get you cheap page likes. Then cut out the loser ads.

For creating ads, I like to just stick with right hand column ads and generally set the bidding to optimized cpm. I've gotten page likes for less than a penny using that method.

Create a few different ads to split test. Different images, etc... Make your copy extremely simple. So for example if you were creating a "Homer Simpson Quotes" page, for the title just do something like "Love Homer Simpson" and for the content I like to put "Click LIKE for daily Homer quotes".

Next comes the targeting. Really think through your topic and narrow it down. Just choose 1 country and limit the age. I like younger demographics, but will generally only go as low as 17 as any younger than that and it's going to be hard to monetize. Then in the interest pick similar targets. So for Homer Simpson Quotes, you'll choose people who like the Simpsons and Homer Simpson, etc...

Now will let the ads run for a few days. Your cost per likes will start off high and generally get lower unless your click thru rate is bad. Pause poor performing ads and make variations of the top performing ads until you can get your cost per likes to at least 5 cents or less.

You'll also want to stop ads to the pages that you aren't seeing. Usually out of 5-10 pages you should be able to find at least 1 quality page that is getting really cheap likes. Pause the rest and focus on that page.

Now, if you have the funds up your budget slowly. If you up it to much your click prices will increase drastically.

You'll want to provide good content to your page. Links and text posts don't work nearly as well as image posts in my experience. Go through and see if you can find similar FB pages as the one you are creating. You can see what posts are getting the most likes, shares, and comments and post similar content. That is the key right now. While you're paying for likes, you'll be getting more and more organic likes through good posts as your page grows larger.

I use a tool called FP Traffic to schedule out my posts, but you can just use FB. It's a little more time consuming but it's free. MY favorite places to find images to post is Tumblr and Pinterest as you can see if people are repinning and liking the images. Adapt those images for Facebook and you have a steady stream of content. Make sure to use facebooks insights to see what times are best for posting to your audience and schedule posts to go out 2-3 times per day.

Now, once your page starts to reach 10,000 fans or so you can really start making money off of them. Don't be too aggressive, so mix in content with money posts.

There are a few ways to make money. One of my most successful is to use TeeSpring and create a t-shirt for your audience. Set the price around $19.99 and you'll make about $10 a shirt. Either create the shirt yourself or hire a designer. What I do is look for one of the posts that had the most likes, shares and comments from my page and turn that content into a good looking t-shirt. I made about $700 in a week the first time I did this with a page that had 20,000 fans.

Another great way is to link to amazon products if you're an amazon affiliate. This works incredibly well in November and December as people are buying Christmas presents.

You can also create a website based on your content with well placed Google adsense ads. Then every time you post content to your fan page, post that content also to your website and link to it in your fb post.

Keep in mind the larger your fan page is, the quicker it will grow organically. You will need money to get it started, but there is plenty of money to be made with your fan pages.

drumminlogan, Jan 14, 2014 IP
    LPF and Disha Shah like this.
  2. cyqnusnite

cyqnusnite Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice guide, seems like a nice way to make some good money.

cyqnusnite, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  3. LPF

LPF Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Great information Logan! I'm a fan of building and monetizing Facebook Pages as well. Teespring is awesome!

LPF, Jan 20, 2014 IP