1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Not receiving traffic from Google (penalized?)

Discussion in 'SEO' started by deam, Jan 13, 2014.

I have a problem with a site (http://windowsphoneupdate.com) I bought from someone here on DP.
    The site is receiving some nice traffic, but traffic from Google is not coming in. I have done a variety of improvements on the site. You can read my improvement diary here.

I am under the impression that this site may have been penalized for some reason. I checked manual actions but it doesn't show me any information, nor do the messages in GWT.

Here is a screenshot of search traffic (Analytics):

[​IMG]
    And here is a screenshot of GWT:

[​IMG]

What could be wrong with my site? I think I tick most of the boxes to get at least some decent search traffic from Google. And it should rank on at least a few longtail keywords.

deam, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  2. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @deam do you know why the user was selling?

ash1ey82, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  3. deam

deam Member

Best Answers:
    He moved focus to other business opportunities and forgot about this site for a while.
    In the whole sale he was completely honest about everything and even got me some extra advertising income. So I doubt he is holding back something, if that is what you are suggesting..

deam, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  4. bobestes

bobestes Member

Best Answers:
    did you checked the site for penalties before buying?

bobestes, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  5. deam

deam Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I did.. It seems the site is just sandboxed for whatever reason. I followed all the guidelines, lets hope it recovers in next Google update..

deam, Jan 23, 2014 IP