1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggest ways to calm mind....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by spyindiaankur, Jan 7, 2014.

Hello all DP friends, as we all sometimes get frustrated or angry at something, we need some ways to calm our mind to bring it at peace. Whenever I get caught in such situations I take long breaths and then listen to music that freshens my mind.
    What activities you do to tackle with such circumstances and to calm your mind. Please suggest your knowledge and experience...

spyindiaankur, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  2. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There are many methods that I use to alleviate stress and promote peace of mind. First off I'll pick up the phone and chat with a friend or family member. Having someone that I can relate to and trust is like an amphora for my heart, just talking helps.
    Also "music hath properties to sooth the savage heart" and does indeed have a calming influence.
    I embrace when time permits the great outdoors. Skiing, snowshoeing, alpine hiking and riding my mountain bike. Alas, if I only had more time to partake of this!

Spoiltdiva, Jan 7, 2014 IP
    jrbiz and spyindiaankur like this.
  4. MrOnlineMoney

MrOnlineMoney Member

Best Answers:
    There are many ways that I calm down if I am stressed out or frustrated. Meditation works great for me. Sometimes I will go for a nice quiet and peaceful walk. Music also works wonders. Music wise though I don't suggest listening to things that are heavy or angry or fast paced. If you listen to soft music it can help you.

MrOnlineMoney, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  5. sky1105

sky1105 Peon

Best Answers:
    I will usually go playing online computer games at home . That's help stop me from thinking other things.

sky1105, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  6. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Music definitely. I usually work for an hour really hard then rest for 10-15 minutes and then back to work again.
    It is much more productive, since my brain can relax from brainstorming and can have some relax with good music. Like trance or house! :)

VukasinI, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You are all going to have a good laugh at this one. This Chrismas, my 12-year-old asked for a lava lamp. My wife and I thought that this was hilarious because we remembered them from the wild 1970's when they were all the rage. So we got him a very cheap one ($10) at a discount warehouse. We were surprised that we could even find one, but apparently they are making a comeback.

So we set it up to run next to our television set on Christmas Day and we went about hosting a party for relatives. Later in the afternoon, I sat down to watch TV and found myself enjoying the "actions" of the lava lamp. It is slow motion activity and very calming. I obviously enjoyed it so much that my son noticed, so he and his mother went out the next day and bought me one! I have used it many nights since then as an accompaniment to my down time watching TV. I find it to be very calming. :)

jrbiz, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
  9. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Have a big fat juicy spliff...

malky66, Jan 11, 2014 IP
    jrbiz, ryan_uk and VukasinI like this.
  10. wco

wco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello!

For me, sometimes going to my boxing gym and just knocking the bag around alleviates stress, and motivates my mind to refocus--or in some cases calm down.
    Other activities that do it for me are jogging, swimming, and weight-lifting. Though, these of course do not always work.

As someone with a fairly lengthy (a few years) record of smoking cigarettes, it sometimes can be difficult to create or make a habit of utilizing new tools or resources to promote focus, stress-management, or extra-curricular stimulation. I encourage anyone interested in discovering new ways or techniques to do so to consider researching online what activities have been proven to (safely) promote and increase the flow of both endorphins and or serotonin in the neural pathways. Best. William

wco, Jan 12, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  11. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    For me, it's spend time with my family. Even when it is a bit of a roller coaster, I find my peace there. Or just me, my wife and a bottle of whiskey. (That can be replaced with champagne, rum, wine, or anything else except vodka, to be honest.)

ryan_uk, Jan 12, 2014 IP
    jrbiz and malky66 like this.
  12. IMPackage

IMPackage Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will go for a walk outside, take a look at the sky and trees, that would clam my mind.

IMPackage, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  13. Titus Warwick

Titus Warwick Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I highly suggest meditation for 30 minutes a day. It will do epic things for your piece of mind. Meditation increases blood flow to the prefrontal cortex, the area of the brain responsible for self control and discipline. The voice inside your head is called the Homunculus. Meditation is designed specifically to shut this guy up.

Try it....you will like it. :)

Titus Warwick, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  14. Afsary Junaid

Afsary Junaid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Work out, doing some extra weights! take a long run. fine works with me.

Afsary Junaid, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  15. lizbookworm

lizbookworm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I do the standard chocolate medicine to calm my mind. That is a serious fix for the small stuff I just breathe and remove myself from the stressful place physically. I also mediate

lizbookworm, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  16. serellived

serellived Member

Best Answers:
    I usually listen to mellow music or classical songs whenever I felt so frustrated and furious about something.
    Listening to music soothes not only my heart but also my preoccupied mind.
    This depends of course on the kind of music I am listening to.

serellived, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  17. rymwriter

rymwriter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do the same as yours. I listen to the music that makes me calm. sometimes, I go to swim. it is very effective way to stay away from the frustration source for a while.

rymwriter, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  18. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Drinking is the most relaxing activity for me. If I can't drink, music and walking can also help. I recently noticed that raising my blood sugar can help me to feel better, a similar effect with drinking.
    I think frustration is more powerful than anger. Combination of both is dangerous.

makeit easy, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  19. Make-Me-Famous

Make-Me-Famous Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually do yoga to relax truthfully. Works like a charm.

Make-Me-Famous, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  20. powerlifer

powerlifer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Meditation and deep breathing exercises i find the best ways to calm the mind.

Some mild herbs are good such as oatstraw, valerian, skullcap and passionflower.

powerlifer, Jan 19, 2014 IP