1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling WordPress Plugins website for sale

Discussion in 'Sites' started by ryan_uk, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    This site would be ideal for anyone who develops WordPress plugins or wants learn to develop some and needs a starting point. There are five plugins in total; three work and two need updating. Or it could be taken in another direction such as a site with tutorials for plugin (and even theme) development. Or even for WordPress development services.

The plugins are as listed on the following page:
    http://wppluginsdev.com/plugins-wordpress-org/

The plugins will be exclusively transferred to the purchaser of the site.

Since purchasing the site in 2012, I did update two of the plugins (such as removing the sitewide footer links* in them and fixing a bug in one) and started to update the site, but I ended up lacking time. I don't like to see the site neglected further, therefore I want to sell it and see it in good hands.

(*I have uploaded a disavow.txt for the four remaining domains that have not updated the plugins to remove the site-wide links.)

Traffic/Analytics:
    For December 2013, there were 209 unique visitors and 455 page views (I am not including stats for January as this is inflated by visits from DigitalPoint). I can provide Analytics access to anyone who is interested (and has a Google account). The source of traffic is referrals, with most of it coming from WordPress.org (79 for December 2013). Sorry I haven't included Analytics via DigitalPoint, but I do not have my account connected linked to DP.

Revenue:
    There is no revenue and I never tried to monetise the site or plugins. It all came down to time - lack of it. You could monetise the plugins with sponsorship (on the settings page, for example), drive traffic to your own sites or similar.

Full disclosure:
    The previous site owner had it set up so that anyone could register and make a post to ask for help, but they were not published (only saved as drafts). Nonetheless, some people using automated tools made links to these non-existent pages, so they will show up in link checkers. However, as the pages do not exist, Google ignores the links. You can check the post linked below for confirmation by John Mueller (he works for Google) that links to pages that return a 404 are ignored by Google:
    https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/webmasters/glDIZyRs5bs/66FpSvPC2QwJ

Any questions, just ask.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    ryan_uk, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  2. ask2talk

ask2talk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 8
    As Buyer:
    57.1% - 2
    do i get all the rights for the plugin and they will not be sold by you anymore ?

ask2talk, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  3. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Yes, they will be given to the auction winner, too, so they will be solely that person's.

ryan_uk, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  4. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Note - this is a re-list and therefore the reason the previous bids show as cancelled (the system automatically cancels them). Re-listed as the bidding did not meet reserve.

ryan_uk, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  5. fish

fish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How much are you looking to get for it?

fish, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  6. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    The bin is $150, but the reserve is less. However, it is more than $40, which was the highest bid from when it was previously listed (it did not meet reserve, therefore re-listed).

ryan_uk, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  7. gonewild

gonewild Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi, do you also provide the access to the Wordpress.org account to update the pages of the plugins?

Regards,

Diego.

gonewild, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  8. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Just a few comments in response to questions I have had (and a bid outside of the forum):

If anyone wants to bid, then please don't send one via the contact form (yes, I received one that way and got no response when I told them to register and bid) or PM, but instead make it on the thread as it's only fair for all interested parties. (I am of course happy to answer any queries via PM regarding price or anything else, though.)

With regards to the reserve, see:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/wordpress-plugins-website-for-sale.2700517/#post-18848427
    Sorry that the question is not answered directly, but I don't want to influence the auction in an unfair way; people should bid (up to) what it is worth to them. You will however know that the reserve is met as the text below the current bid will change from "(reserve not yet met)" to "(reserve met)". (If you have just bid then you might need to refresh the page.)

To make it clear: these WordPress plugins are hosted on WordPress.org (although you could also have downloads available via the site, too) and will be exclusively yours when you purchase the site. I won't retain any rights.

Updates to the plugins and the WordPress pages on WordPress.org (such as Description, Installation, Changelog and others) are made via SVN (it's very easy and I am happy to provide some guidance on how to do this). (The actual site wppluginsdev.com does of course use WordPress).

With regards to moving the site, this can be done whichever way you are used to (if you have moved a WordPress site before). There are various plugins available for migrating sites, or I can provide an archive (zip or .tar.gz/bz2 file) of it. I am happy to help resolve any problems with getting it set up (as long as they are not a limitation of your host).

ryan_uk, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  9. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Site is now sold to FSF. It was a pleasure doing business with him.

ryan_uk, Mar 14, 2014 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.