1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Avoid Freelancer.com at all cost

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by xrvel, Nov 6, 2013.

1. RosuC

RosuC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Alaister,
    I'm done with Freelancer, as you can check I was logging with my real name and I was even using my Facebook account to give more credibility to the Freelancer Account. After my experience I'm done with you guys. The experience was 6 months ago and I don't see any reason to come back, I didn't lost any money, I just lost some time and got pissed a bit (that is happen often).
    So thank you but no thank you,
    All the best,
    Rosu Claudiu

RosuC, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  2. WDclub

WDclub Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Xrvel,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I've been with them for a year now (They bought out RAC and I was with them for over 5 years) but I've never had any issues yet with Freelancer. Glad to see that it got sorted though. I'am assuming maybe because you were depositing such large amounts of money that got them a little worried (Wire transfer scares everyone online).

WDclub, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  3. khemraj

khemraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Elance will also treat you the same way, don't believe? try it the same way you used freelancer.com. They also demand the same set of documents. Do you think that your 7000 EUR should get you the VIP treatment? You could, but if that amount was only paid to freelance.com, but unfortunately freelancer.com will get some 2 - 3 percent only. Even if you would have paid that amount to freelancer.com so you would have got the same treatment, and you were not ill treated, you were just asked to prove your identity and I don't there is anything wrong with that.

khemraj, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  4. jonterns

jonterns Active Member

Best Answers:
    That just doesn't sound right at all. I will be avoiding them in the future. Thanks for the heads up!

I didn't think about that! I have been with freelancer for a while also and have had a couple of snags that had me worried but nothing major. I don't do much business there, so I might start separating myself from them more.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
    jonterns, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  5. John Grassmyer

John Grassmyer Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed. I've had bad luck with this website too. I've stayed away.

John Grassmyer, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  6. hanady

hanady Member

Best Answers:
    I am a freelancer and I have tried working on Freelancer, Elance and Odesk. Freelancer was terrible, I hate the platform, the way they treat both clients and freelancers is very bad. What I hated most when I was buying services from other clients is the way that a freelancer could talk to the client and send messages whenever they want ( I was overwhelmed with desperate freelancers who wanted to work who kept sending stupid messages and It was very annoying). whereas in Elance, the client has to initiate the conversation. Anyway I would really recommend Elance after 2 years of experience as a freelancer and client.

hanady, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  7. xrvel

xrvel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wire transfer should be less risky than paypal / credit card which can be charged back. But yes at least it is resolved now.

I was not asking for VIP treatment. I am okay with verification. I didn't disagree with verification.

The problem that i had was, i have done verification by uploading some documents (3 times), but they keep rejecting it. So i felt like they did it in purpose or so.

Freelancer : proof your address
    Me : fine here is my ID card.
    Freelancer : we don't accept it. proof your address again.
    Me : fine here is my passport.
    Freelancer : we don't accept it. proof your address again.
    Me : WTF ? Here is my passport & my driving license.
    Freelancer : we don't accept it. proof your address again with utility bill.
    Me : WTF ?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
    xrvel, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  8. monkeye

monkeye Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good to know someone cared enough to signup here and help you.

monkeye, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  9. Erica.lrk

Erica.lrk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am not experienced about freelancer but odesk.com is very gud.

Erica.lrk, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  10. Carrol09

Carrol09 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you're not careful, they will change the subscription plan without asking for it and without warning just to take you all your money. I switched to SEOClerks.com ,the only leading marketplace in todays time.

Carrol09, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  11. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I saw this thread just on time. I decided to register on Freelancer today and I start completing my profile so I can land some new jobs. I start looking at some threads here and I saw this. Lot of unhappy people. I barely see one good review about Freelancer so I should definitely avoid this.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate this!

VukasinI, Jan 10, 2014 IP