1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DON'T HIRE "taseerali99" "THECRAFTER" (more information in the thread)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by neal41835, Jan 8, 2013.

Email:
    Name: Taseer Ali

His G+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/114478428895420668661/posts
    His face: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9D-DgtwUk8M/TrRsWngyZvI/AAAAAAAAACU/Uj0loUOyOJg/s846/DSC08695.JPG

Hired him to write 63 articles, guy has +2 feedback, so whatever lets see his portfolio. It looks good, no problems there. I pay 1/2 upfront.

So he proceeds to write a few. First 6 ok, not as good as his portfolio, but 15 min of edits (grammar/english) by me and they are fine.

Then s**t hits the fan. He sends me 26 articles that are literally copy paste jobs of 1 another, with just the keyword switched, he bolded the keyword so he didn't even have to search to edit them. He then proceeds to block me on Skype. So I then get on Gchat.

I tell him look dude I'm just looking for a refund, this left a bad taste in my mouth. He tells me to get a moneybookers (can't get that in the US), he says oh I only have money there no where else. I was like pay me through anything else, just use CC and whatever I'll eat the fees.

He starts off lying about have a sick kid, classic scam technique, and just so wrong to lie about something like that to steal a little bit of money.

So he then proceeds to tell me wait, what can I do to fix this. I'll write the articles myself.

I say I'd really like a refund, but whatever since I have to spend 15 min+/article write the entire package for the price I paid, not just half. As my time is being put into this as well.

He essentially tells me to f off.

Convo (got rid of the beginning stuff), also this was after getting blocked on Skype and essentially me not having trust in anything he is saying. Also note his baby is sick, but proceeds to keep defending himself for 30+ minutes.

Taseer: Can i talk to you in the night? My baby is ill. Let me get her to doctor

me: No I'll be asleep
    How do I not know you aren't just running away

Taseer: I m here

me: I have no way to prove you baby is sick
    I'm not trying to be difficult I just want my money back
    I woudlve dealt with editting the articles
    had every single one not been copies

Taseer: sure

me: That just left a bad taste in my mouth

Taseer: we will do it yoru way

me: How will you refund me?

Taseer: just gime time

me: How much time
    and how are you going to do it

Taseer: night
    right now i have to leave

me: wait
    if you write the rest of the articles
    ALL of the remaining ones
    I'll send you the list
    I won't bother you

Taseer: ok
    please send

me: I need 10 or more
    everyday
    I'd like this done within a week

Taseer: how many artciles neal?

me: all the rest
    57 of them
    you find out how to do them

Taseer: you paid me for 30

me: I paid you for 1/2 the work
    so 32 of them
    I have to edit each one of these that you send me
    that takes me time
    and you can't refund me
    and you sent me junk
    You are complaining that you don't have money to pay me back
    So this is the alternative

Taseer: ok
    Bye for now

me: wait
    that isnt an answer
    Are you doing it?
    If I don't get 10 articles by tomorrow, I'm going to bring this to DP and assume you are cheating me

Taseer: No get lost

me: Ok DP it is

Taseer: yes

me: Done

Taseer: you think m new to this?
    Bhahaha
    5 years man
    I tried to make you understand
    Go do it

me: Understand what?

Taseer: Bye

me: wait try to make me understand
    I'd really like to know

Taseer: for 25 articles you are asking me to do 57 of articles
    This is what you are saying

me: Um 32 articles
    I paid for

Taseer: right now i dont have time
    I fyou want to talk email me

me: The reason I'm asking is because I'm forced to edit them all
    That is a joke I paid for wokr

Taseer: I want to talk as well
    hell is a joke

me: I don't believe you do

Taseer: You aret joke

me: How so?

Taseer: let me show you

me: Because I don't lie and I trust work will get done
    Please do

me: Well I'll get satisfaction to know you won't scam other people
    I guess that's good enough

Taseer: m not even scamming you
    m ready to refund

me: Then refund...
    That is all I want

Taseer: Give me time. Right now i have to leave
    please

me: You say you have to leave then you stay at your computer.
    You don't have to leave
    It takes 5 minutes to refund someone

Taseer: wait
    Now go report and have your satisfaction

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    neal41835, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  2. celebstar

celebstar Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it happens, thanks for warning us, because I also hired someone and never checked his articles, and all of them were full of grammar mistakes and asked him what I should hire you if I had to fix them, hi went crazy, and also very bad liar. he's not a native English speaker, guess what what said me! I writes only to improve my English skills, which he has no any skill in it. Yet this is my fault, because never looked at the articles whether there were good or not, anyway everyone has to be careful.

celebstar, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  3. neal41835

neal41835 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yup, he blamed me essentially because he "paid his person" and now has no money to refund me. I'm pretty sure he did all this work himself, he withdrew the money and ran with it.

He got bored after writing 6 articles, so he just thought this would be a good trick and hoping I'd never check.

4. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How much did you pay him? I'm going to guess, meh - less than .01 per word, likely not even .005 per word.

Assuming I'm correct about the rate (and if I'm not, I know I'm not far off), I'd say you got exactly what you paid for and that you really don't have any room to complain.

Lesson learned, I hope.

Senobia, Jan 8, 2013 IP
    funmom91 likes this.
  5. celebstar

celebstar Member

Best Answers:
    one thing is for sure, you're mistaken my friend. No matter how much, doing the right thing is not that, if somebody says he will do something as promised, that means he has to give what he says. This is business rules. At some point, you're right too.

celebstar, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  6. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He gave what he was paid for. Half the articles for half the price. What more does the guy want, blood?

Senobia, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  7. neal41835

Best Answers:
    He didn't provide what I paid for. I paid for 32 unique articles and he gave 6 unique ones and 26 copies.

Yea I got a good rate (but it was DP's going rate).

I've paid low amounts for website creation and high amounts and there is no guarantee price = quality of work. People make deals all the time, and your quality of work should not be dependent on how much someone pays. If you make a commitment with someone, you owe them your best work. A commitment is a commitment because I paid less doesn't mean I should be screwed over.

Also I was willing to edit the articles BEFORE he sent me a bunch of copied articles and blocked me on Skype.

Once the articles are bad, and he blocks me on Skype, I obviously lost all faith. I just looked for a refund, but he said I don't have money to pay you, so I just sign and say fine just write all the articles, and I'll deal with the rest, knowing they'd probably be worse than other ones, but as long as they are unique I can work with it.

Everyone is different, but once I feel like someone is trying to screw me over I get really upset.

I also found it extremely sick that he was using a "sick kid that had to go to the hospital" as an excuse to steal someone's money. I think that is really fed up thing to do, but that is of course just my opinion.

I'll go ahead and leave these here too (all his work, just going to add to this thread any where he tries to work):
    https://www.elance.com/s/originalcontent/
    http://people.bayt.com/taseer-ali/
    http://www.workingbase.com/project/Word-typing-job-with-good-payment.1939872.html

8. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You said he switched the keywords around. That means they were different in some way and not 'copies', as you claim.

There is no 'going rate' at DP. A person's 'going rate' is directly proportional to how desperate they are to land a gig. Therein should lie your warning. The fact that you won't divulge what you paid speaks volumes.

It's a pretty good indicator. You wouldn't look for Gucci products at Walmart, would you?

You paid for 32 articles. You received 32 articles. You paid a low rate. You received low quality. Frankly, I don't think you got 'screwed over'. I think you're just pissed off that your cheapness came back bite you in the arse.

We writers do, too - especially when buyers want to pay elementary rates while expecting Ivy League results.

You don't know whether or not his kid is/was sick.

Blasting his information all over hell and back really doesn't detract anything from this guy's character. It does, however, raise plenty of questions about yours.

Senobia, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  9. neal41835

Best Answers:
    Nah this one I explained badly. For example.

He wrote: Walmart is the greatest place in the world. Walmart is #1 at selling toys.

Then the next one: Kmart is the greatest place in the world. Kmart is #1 at selling toys.

Then the next one: Target is the greatest pace in the world. Target is #1 at selling toys.

He literally just took out 1 keyword phrase I asked for, and stuck in a different one. (Find + Replace), the sentences weren't even changed in any way. Not even adding entered spaces or something to make it seem different.

I paid $2.5/article. I saw a bunch of threads from $2-$3, and chose the person who had the best portfolio from who I could see and had a few itraders.

I now hired someone for $2/article and he is doing a fantastic job. It all depends on the person.

You wouldn't, and I'm not sitting here expecting college level work. I'm expecting the same quality work as his profile has shown, BUT it was much worse.

Again, I explained wrong read above. Also I am not really a cheapass. I find someone with solid work credentials then I compare prices. If there are 5 people who I like, and 1 is offering $1 less, why wouldn't I use him?

I have 3 FANTASTIC people I met off of here, and they work at super reasonable rates. I consistently hire them for all my work in their field. I have a lot of work to take care of and if I can save some on my bottom line and give a long term commitment to people who I can depend on, I think everyone wins.

Again, just looking for the same quality as their portfolio indicated. Nothing more.

Again I don't. But he didn't bring this up AT ALL when we first started talking on Skype, we talked for over an hour and all of a sudden he falls so ill he has to go to the hospital. Then he proceeds to talk to me for another 30-45 minutes with a kid that sick? Seems fishy to me.

Yea that makes sense. I paid up front for work that was supposed to be done. It didn't get done, I get blocked on Skype in the middle of a conversation and my character is bad... Yea that makes sense.

You can go through my post history/itraders, I've only had problem with 1 other client and he did the same thing to me, but 1 of these threads made him finish his work, so I took it back.

I don't look to try to screw people. I'd like to pay for expected work and receive what I expected. If it is similar level to what their profile is indicating I'm happy. If it is ok, but it comes fast and the guy seems like a good guy, I'm usually fine with it and will do the touchups on it myself (like I did for the 6 unique articles). I do fully understand what I am paying, and what that entails. But with the low cost they are also getting my guarantee that if they do good work, I'm going to give them essentially exclusivity on that aspect of my business and they will get all the work, seems like a fair trade to me.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    neal41835, Jan 10, 2013 IP
  10. TopNotchwrites

TopNotchwrites Active Member

Best Answers:
    Neal: wait
    if you write the rest of the articles (57 articles for free)
    1:13 PM ALL of the remaining ones
    I'll send you the list
    I won't bother you
    me: ok
    please send
    Neal: I need 10 or more
    everyday
    I'd like this done within a week
    me: how many artciles neal?
    Neal: all the rest
    57 of them
    1:14 PM you find out how to do them
    me: you paid me for 30

Neal. You are a loser. Best of luck with your search for a free writer.

TopNotchwrites, Jan 11, 2013 IP
  11. wrightboy

wrightboy Member

Best Answers:
    :D WOW this thread keeps getting better,keep it up lads at the end of the day your just wasting a lot of time and time is money,me personally would never hire a non native English speaker to write for me don't care how cheap it is, Neal my son never pay upfront,end of story.

wrightboy, Jan 11, 2013 IP
  12. neal41835

Best Answers:
    I posted this within the thread already, why didn't you read that?

I said I lost faith in you AND I have to do all that work editting because they are of worse quality than your examples.

So SINCE you didn't have the money to pay me back, which is all I was looking for AND I was willing to let you keep some money, I just wanted a portion back, I decided to work with you because you were begging me to keep the money.

Say whatever you want about me, I'm safe in knowing I paid you over $10/article and you have the audacity to criticize me? You are so scared that you block me off on places THEN you lie about having a kid so sick you have to take them to the hospital.

All I want is my money back, you give me it back and I'll gladly take back everything I said, but you aren't willing to do that AND you challenged me to post on DP saying:

neal41835, Jan 11, 2013 IP
  13. neal41835

Best Answers:
    You are absolutely right don't pay up front, BUT I trust people.

I see a few iTraders and I trust the work will get done. Just the same as me posting contests, and they trust they'll get paid (which they always do).

I'm going to get screwed here and there and I understand that, but I think in the long run I'll form relationships with people who I need. (Have a website designer and SEO guy, who I found on here who are AMAZING).

14. neal41835

Best Answers:
    By the way buddy, it wasn't free. I had paid $75 upfront. I was trying to let you keep that even though your work sucked because you were crying how you didn't have money to pay me back.

15. simplyjo

simplyjo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow. This is so unprofessional on copywriters end. I am an avid writer myself and I am shocked to see this level of customer service. I would ALWAYS offer full refund or free revisions (IF at all required - though my clients always love my work - but yeah everyone has a different style and requirements and sometimes minor tweaks are needed to make a piece PERFECT). I always aim for 100% client satisfaction so I wonder how anyone can run a business with THIS attitude ? Surprising really.

simplyjo, Jan 12, 2013 IP
  16. Muhammad Haseeb

Muhammad Haseeb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That dude taseerali99 is actually my friend and a very good human.I knew him for 5 years he doesn't cheats anyone.

Muhammad Haseeb, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  17. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Neal, there are a lot of scammers out there bro... Everyone get their fingers burnt sometimes...

gauharjk, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  18. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Oh really?...you just signed up to say that and we'll all take your word for it shall we, you wouldn't be him with another duplicate account by any chance?
    The fact he had a duplicate account here says it all really, The Crafter was his duplicate account, I know this because I reported it and he was banned briefly, should have been banned for life.

malky66, Jan 11, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk and Densely like this.
  19. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Actually you've known him for 27 years which is your whole life. That's because you two are one and the same. To some it's called having a split personality, to others it's called having a duplicate account.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 11, 2014 IP
    malky66, ryan_uk and Densely like this.
  20. Muhammad Haseeb

Muhammad Haseeb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hahhahahhahahha.i am laughing all day.But sorry i am not a scammer if you want any proof i am here.I have just written what it seemed good.otherwise i dont care whats between you and taseerali99.

Muhammad Haseeb, Jan 15, 2014 IP