1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Samsung Smart watch - just hype?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DSKANK888, Sep 5, 2013.

Samsung announced their new smart watch this week. Have noted some reactions round the web have been a little skeptical. Do we really need another gadget, what with some people carting around a laptop, tablet and two phones? Is there a genuine market out there, or is it too early for wearable devices?
    On Samsung. Seems like they're trying to pre-empt Apple and stealing the show from poor Sony who have had theirs out for some time. Maybe Apple's announcement was just a smoke screen to make others waste valuable time and resources.

What you think?

DSKANK888, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  2. DreamingBig

DreamingBig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not surprised. I guess they want to get in on it before Apple does since Apple did purchase the domain name iWatch.com and everyone has known about Apple doing this for awhile now. I don't think it was a "smoke screen" from Apple but I could be wrong. I would still wait for the watch from Apple to be released but that's just because I like Apple. Sometimes I would rather look at a watch instead of having to pull out my cell phone to look at it and lets hope that the watch is water proof or can handle a quick rain storm.

DreamingBig, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  3. AmanDH

AmanDH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will be good gadget i am sure of. One this is for sure, there will be a new competition for watch companies like casio after we see samsung gear in real action, apple iWatch and sony releasing there watches

AmanDH, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  4. DSKANK888

DSKANK888 Active Member

Best Answers:
    was thinking the same thing about casio. theyve got some cool ranges out right noe, and mudt have thr expertise to blow the market. had a mp3 player/camera combo before. They must have done a smart watch before.

DSKANK888, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  5. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would probably get one if the price is right, would be easier for me to quickly check my messages and change my music that way than to reach into my pocket and fish out my large Galaxy Note 2 everytime it beeps.

Helge Sverre, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  6. minotechonline

minotechonline Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Personally I wouldn't be that interested in a smartwatch. A smartphone is enough for me and unlike others I guess I don't mind taking it out of my pocket. I actually wrote a short article on this recently at http://minotechonline.com/smartwatch-introduction-gadgets/. And they do plan on making them very scratch and water resistant as these things will be storing much more data than an average watch obviously.

minotechonline, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  7. stilleyes

stilleyes Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check your message?! Maybe just the sender, not the entirety of your message on a 1.63-inch device. I'm not a cynic of wearable technology, in fact I think a mobile technology niche for the smartwatch is justified. But it'd be at least 2 years from now before it becomes really valuable.

And what is the right price, if I may ask?

stilleyes, Dec 1, 2013 IP
  8. 5starpix

5starpix Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The Samsung Gear to me, looks a bit cheesy. I'm not saying its a bad invention, but just something most people won't consider buying IMO. Wearable devices I find are a little outdated, no matter how innovative they may be.

5starpix, Dec 30, 2013 IP
  9. jonterns

jonterns Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have one and I really like it. It works very well and there are already more coming out this year from many different brands. even Nokia has one coming soon.

jonterns, Jan 9, 2014 IP
    GamesPond likes this.
  10. kambone

kambone Peon

Best Answers:
    I love the idea - if i can make calls while I am out running or hiking while in the meanwhile logging my tracks with the GPS or just tracking my outdoor workout - now i have to use 3 devices to do that and sync them with a pc when i come home.

kambone, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  11. depat

depat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    its a short term thing. consumers are addicted to entertainment and in them you cant find it. In enterprise it might be big but will fail as it is really im practical and takes too much time and hassle as in there time is money

depat, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  12. gotkloud

gotkloud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think this may be a lot of hype but I guess time will tell! Imagine no more phones and just smart watches!

gotkloud, Jul 27, 2014 IP