1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making Money blogging. After a few years this works for me

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by mcdwgbiz, Dec 21, 2013.

I've been in the blogging, site building, google adsense, content, scene for a few years now. After wasting money on garbage software, and other crap I have finally found a foundation that I can build from.

I will say I have invested some but I think it's worth it because these tools really make my creativity stand out a bit more I think.

First off I got some WP premium themes, I particularly like studio press, easy to work with.

I also got image manipulation software. I started with GIMP which is free to create images and edit them, then I went to Corel paint pro shop and now I'm with photoshop but still learning the latter, I still mostly use corel. I will tell you people love images and the more attractive you can make them the more they will notice your site and the more they are likely to come back.

I also have a plugin that automatically fetch youtube videos to my site, I don't just let it run and make it an automatic vlog, what I'm getting at is rich content with relevant information along with my video plugin gets the site indexed rather quickly in google and gets relevant google ads to the site.

Once I have a nice looking site then I create a facebook page about the niche o topic. I post articles from the site on facebook and spend a few dollars for an ad. I create relevant posts as well on facebook so people will be interested and will start engaging.

Now these topics or niches are things I'm interested in as well because I want to be able to interact with people as well so I want to enjoy it. I know many places say to create a thousand sites and you will get money overnight, I don't know about that.

Anyways I start getting likes and I start creating more facebook posts to maintain people interested, as well as post website articles on facebook so I start getting traffic to the site.

By the way the video plugin I talked about creates tags for the video so it also gets indexed quickly and in a couple of days those videos are already in google search so the traffic steadily will come in.

So that's how I do it. it works for me and I'm constantly working to improve my method so it's a constant project.

Any questions just let me know, or tell me your method if you want, sometimes the key is to get a method and to tweak it to your personality and goals.

Anyways take care everyone

mcdwgbiz, Dec 21, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  2. Victoria Stone

Victoria Stone Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is a great setup!

Do you use a plugin to automatically post to FB or do so manually?

Victoria Stone, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  3. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tried automatic blogging with several attempts, and did not have the same results at all. I also have 2 facebook pages and accounts with 2,000 friends and likes, and still not getting that kind of results. I've seen gains with "blogging" as a whole, but it's not as simple as people on the site keep saying it is.

sirjorgeofculver, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  4. mcdwgbiz

mcdwgbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I post manually, I may put my own comments or image to make it stand out. The only plug in for automated content I use is for videos

mcdwgbiz, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  5. mcdwgbiz

Best Answers:
    I tried the "autoblog leave it and you're set" software and nothing came of it, I do use the video plugin but again I try to post my own content with it. I only have one that I just let it run which is the one on my signature about conspiracies, that one is growing by itself with just videos so kinda testing where it goes.

I think with facebook inmy experience it has to be personal interaction otherwise what I've seen is people will not be much interested

mcdwgbiz, Dec 22, 2013 IP
    sirjorgeofculver likes this.
  6. sirjorgeofculver

Best Answers:
    Absolutely right on here. I have found that interacting with real people gets them over. Also, posting on craigslist has helped me get some valuable tips, writers, and even friends.

sirjorgeofculver, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  7. haliiim

haliiim Banned

Best Answers:
    I had 3 autoblogs with WP Robot plugin on Wordpress, and got 5K+ pageviws a month with social traffic, but i think just 1 click on adsense ads that earns me 1 dollar. All social users now install ad blockers, so it is not worth it even if i had 99% traffic from US.

haliiim, Dec 29, 2013 IP
    sirjorgeofculver likes this.
  8. sirjorgeofculver

Best Answers:
    The ad blockers are my #1 issue right now, no one is seeing adverts.

sirjorgeofculver, Dec 29, 2013 IP
  9. loghomes

loghomes Member

Best Answers:

loghomes, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  10. loghomes

loghomes Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, which plugin do you use to automatically fetch the you tube videos?

loghomes, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  11. mcdwgbiz

Best Answers:
    I use video jackpot, I got it a few years back and it does really good. I've tried my videoblog plug in but not liking it too much

mcdwgbiz, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  12. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations on your success!! ..

I am also a Blogger and I'm still building up the traffic to my blogs little by little, step-by-step.

The process can take time, depending on your productivity and how much massive action you take. But the end results are fantastic.

One thing that might make people get frustrated when blogging for success is Impatience. Making money blogging takes a lot of time and effort and it does not happen overnight, or in a week, or in a month. Of course there are those incredible cases of people building a successful blog site in just weeks or months but those are the people that took a MASSIVE amount of action and just gave it their best and all to make it happen.

The process is simple, the consistency is what will be the challenge.

I wish you the best in your journey online buddy!! ..

:cool: Keep up the good work!!

Snoopy240, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    Pillai.G and mcdwgbiz like this.
  13. mcdwgbiz

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the kind words, it does take patience something I have lost many times before but I guess it has been a learning experience since now I have a few blogs and all I have is time to keep building them up, wit the tools and a few tricks I have all I need is time

mcdwgbiz, Jan 8, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  14. BlogStartClub.com

BlogStartClub.com Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that ad blockers are a problem. I try to diversify my offerings into adsense, affiliates, and most importantly my own products (soon to be affiliate).

BlogStartClub.com, Jan 8, 2014 IP