1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Attn: Marketing Newbies - WSO is another word for SCAM.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AdamSocial, Jan 4, 2014.

This cannot be understated. If this post stops one person from being scammed by someone selling a WSO, I've done my job.

When I was new to IM, I bought a few WSOs:
    • One told me to buy traffic for an Adsense site.
    • One told me to sell bad medical advice to people.
    • Another told me to rewrite Wiki articles and sell them as ebooks.
    NONE OF THIS CRAP IS NECESSARY. There is no "get rich quick." You're here because you want to make money, do it the right way - build a business. The $47 that you're about to spend on a "revolutionary new way to make $3,000/day" could be spent on AdWords, which might actually make you some money.

http://www.stopbeingbroken.com/wso-scam/ - a rant that I wrote this morning about the scams you'll find when you waste your money on a WSO.

AdamSocial, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  2. Suckerpunch

Suckerpunch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great blog post and I couldn't agree with you more. As a member of those forums, I generally bypass the offer section unless I'm up for a good chuckle. There is no magic formula to making riches instantly and too many people are looking for ways to make a quick buck. This is simply not possible unless they're willing to put in the work.

Cheers!
    -c

Suckerpunch, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  3. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Same old story, new day. You're just the next guy to rant about it.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  4. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How about posting this topic where it should be? on the WARRIOR FORUM!

LmBBo!

Holla!

GuruCreation, Jan 5, 2014 IP
    Joe@AdPatron likes this.
  5. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I always (ALWAYS) hang back and read the comments over several days or weeks when it comes to a WSO. I don't trust the review copy testimonials, they're always positive.

Re posting this rant on DP, I think the OP is trying to reach out to newbies before they get to WF and buy a WSO.

Annea, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  6. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I know... There are far few in between those WSOs that really work, but what the real problem in lies is the fact that, those that buy the WSO, really don't put what they bought into action.

The lonely 2 WSOs I bought have made me money and quite a bit of it over the years... I just didn't make $10,000 in 24 hours with a one-time $47 WSO purchase. That WSO actually made me an extra $10,000 over the course of a year on top of my income...

Get it!

7. MrOnlineMoney

MrOnlineMoney Member

Best Answers:
    You beat me to it. Yea a lot of WSO's are crap, but most people don't even try to make them work in the first place. A lot of people complain, with out trying to put what they have learned from the WSO to work. And I kind of feel that a lot of the people that aren't willing to at least put in a decent attempt at what the WSO teaches then they probably won't succeed in internet marketing.

MrOnlineMoney, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  8. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    Ryley, I'm always trying to "beat them" to it and stay 2 steps ahead of the game. :)

Holla!

9. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    You are totally right. When I first started off my IM career - I bought a bunch of WSO and all of it is GARBAGE!

So to every newbie out there, STAY AWAY FROM ANY WSO. I don't know, maybe some out there are good but I am very confident, none of it is of any value in my experience.

Chad Eztraffic, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  10. 501

501 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree, the WSO's that are on warrior forum are total garbage only less than 5% have some sort of value.

The testimonials are all fake from friends and negotiations before the WSO was released. All a scam a BIG SCAM.

501, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  11. creztor

creztor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very true. However, people like magic bullet solutions. WSO is has some people there that play the game and positively review each other because they want the same in return when they launch their own product. I think anyone that has been online for some time knows that you need a product or service to offer people and it takes time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

creztor, Jan 7, 2014 IP
    Alyssa Lochmore likes this.
  12. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    @creztor is right, and of course, it's hard to be patient when on the road to marketing new products and services. However, when choosing the right ones to promote, it actually does work.

Alyssa Lochmore, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  13. Teepee

Teepee Member

Best Answers:
    90% of people fail. The main reason is that 90% of WSOs are scams to start with.

Teepee, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  14. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I agree that a lot of products on WF are designed to do nothing more than make their owners money. However, there are a few good ones among the dross. There are products there that have sold 000s and have a refund rate of around 3%. The other 97% can't be all wrong.

I think that 90% of people fail online because they try a method for a week. Don't make money. Move onto the next bright, shiny object. Work on it for a week. Don't make money. Move onto - you get the picture.

That is why I had to laugh at another thread where the op wanted to know how to make money online in the next few hours.

dailybread2011, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  15. Stuart Walker

Stuart Walker Member

Best Answers:
    To say that all WSO's are scams is just plain wrong since WSO's can be anything from info products to website themes to plugins to videos to design work to just about anything else.

Not every WSO is a money making promise. I agree you should be wary of those and do due diligence before purchasing.

Most info can be found online for free BUT if someone compiles that information into a handy report and I don't have to do any research or searching I'll pay $7 for that.

I don't make a habit of buying WSO's though I won't hesitate to pay for information which will help my business.

Stuart Walker, Jan 8, 2014 IP
    GuruCreation likes this.
  16. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    I DISAGREE with this! SCAM is a very harsh word and should be used wisely, NOT FREELY!

And I'm sure there are several others that agree with me...

No, I don't sell WSOs either, but when I BUY them, I take ACTION... If I find out it's rehashed shit, it's an automatic refund!

Just don't buy that shiny product over and over and over again...Ask for help when you do buy a WSO...

Bottom line though, 9.9 times out of 10, you will not make $10,000 a month from a $7 WSO....PLAIN and SIMPLE!

Holla!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    GuruCreation, Jan 8, 2014 IP
  17. mbaldwin

mbaldwin Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have purchased a few WSOs, and I must say that the only reason I did not make money is because I did not follow through. I am sure that is the case with most people. it is a little frustrating when you pay a few bucks for a WSO, and after you read it you are like "DUH, why didn't I think of that".

majority is the same stuff rewritten with a few different little twists tossed in. But there is no get rich over night, unless you can when the lotto.

Michael

mbaldwin, Jan 8, 2014 IP
    GuruCreation likes this.
  18. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You mean to say you can't make crazy amounts of money online being lazy? I don't want to believe you! :p

dcristo, Jan 8, 2014 IP
    GuruCreation likes this.
  19. mbaldwin

mbaldwin Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I could, I wouldn't be writing and selling a $47 eBook about it. that would involve work. If I can make money online being lazy, I am sure not going to do work to show others how to do it.

Michael

mbaldwin, Jan 8, 2014 IP
  20. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Michael it would have been scary if your name was Matt. I went to school with someone who has the same surname lol.

dcristo, Jan 8, 2014 IP