1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digital Point SUCKS Now!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by maddog1993, Jan 2, 2014.

1. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I get it. But the freedom of speech without conscious responsibilities is useless or it is just a buzz word. In other words, if I come to this site and want to impose my will WITHOUT any understanding of the rules, it is not a freedom of speech, it's just my will speaking. I also understand that some people deserve grace. They do, if they are respectful. But if someone comes and says: The rules here are STUPID, then that person should be shut down for good and never be heard from again. Or am I missing something?

qwikad.com, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    *That* is really what freedom of speech is all about. It's not up to you or I to decide what is relevant and what is not. As long as the rules are not broken they should be allowed to voice their opinions, even if some consider them stupid.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  3. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    From some of the posts, I understand that you own some real estate / renting properties. So, if someone comes to you and demands that you reduce your rent from, let's say, $900/mo to $500/mo just because they want to, will you be willing to listen to them? Or should you? I don't think so. You have the rates and you will stand by them no matter what. How is it different here?

qwikad.com, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    From some of your posts I understand that you like red wine. I think you've had one glass too many today.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 6, 2014 IP
    kingofking likes this.
  5. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Out of the topic, @Spoiltdiva , I always love the way you look at the lighter side of things which makes you a humorous lady :)

kingofking, Jan 6, 2014 IP
    NaNar and qwikad.com like this.
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Uh, no it's not... there is no freedom of speech here, as this site is not a government entity. But even if this site was a government run site, it *still* doesn't mean freedom of speech would be allowed here since this site is not owned by the people posting on it. Freedom of speech is using your body or property to communicate your opinions without being persecuted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_in_the_United_States

digitalpoint, Jan 6, 2014 IP
    NaNar and snakeair like this.
  7. promo

promo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess you did what you needed to do in order to make this place manageable. But the OP does hit on a point, some legitimate users (like myself) has been turned of by the new system and simply moved elsewhere. For me its mostly the market place changes as this was my main reason to use DP in the past. I understand that it is a small price to pay, but I think it is still valuable feedback to have.

The OP could have put in a less controversial title, but I dont understand all the haters that just pounce on him for voicing his opinion.

promo, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    "Voicing his opinion" very good articulation, for the love of God don't write something like "freedom of speech". If you do then you'll *really* get pounced on!;)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  9. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    I don't think there's any hate there. Just other users' opinions.

In all seriousness, there's not a single person on this forum who doesn't like you Spoiltdiva. Everyone (I am pretty sure) enjoys reading your opinions and witty remarks. So, no, I don't think I, or anyone else, pounced on you, at all. The only point I tried to bring across was that the idea of "freedom of speech" can be used to cover up hate, lack of appreciation for the rules, etc.

PS Just opened another bottle of the blessed red wine. Go ahead, say something to make me laugh.

qwikad.com, Jan 7, 2014 IP
    Spoiltdiva and ryan_uk like this.
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Would you believe me if I stated that I wrote post #51 as a joke?;)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 7, 2014 IP