1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need some SERIOUS help with this awesome TLD.

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by bartainer, Jan 1, 2014.

I'm not kidding, the name is yumalicious dot com and I have it on hold because I am soooo confused. It's like having a wallet filled with hundreds and no where to spend my money. LOL.

I thought,
    1. Restaurant listings, but very competitive
    2. Recipe site that will allow users to post recipes after registering
    3. Travel site
    Can anyone with some sophistication help me please? Thanks in advance.

bartainer, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's a good domain.... In fact it's "yummilicious" not "yumalicious".... What you have is a wallet filled with Monopoly money.... Even if it was the "correct" spelling it's not a gold mine...

NetStar, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    sarahk and ryan_uk like this.
  3. bartainer

bartainer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Incorrect. Yuma (reference to "Yummy") and licious (reference to "delicious"). When something looks tasty a mixture of yummy and licious.

But, I appreciate the input.

bartainer, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yuma is a reference to a location in the united states before anything else, not yummy. Just sayin. That is not to say you could not pull it of but the domain itself is not relevant to much if anything.

Netstar is entirely accurate here.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jan 5, 2014 IP
    sarahk and ryan_uk like this.
  5. bartainer

Best Answers:
    You're think of Yuma AZ. I'll break is down in syllables. yum-a-licious. Hope that helps and thanks.

PS. Like "Yum" brand.

bartainer, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  6. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I googled it to make sure I was correct. Feel free to use google too. It's free.

NetStar, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As someone who doesn't live in the US, the first thing that comes to mind when I see Yuma is the city (and, of course, county) in Arizona.

Yummy doesn't come to mind.

What does come to mind when choosing a brand is researching the words in it. This includes on sites such as Urban Dictionary:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Yuma yummies

See what comes up for Yuma in relation to yummy?

You might see yum-a-licious, but it doesn't mean everyone will. It's like therapist dot whatever - the rapist or therapist?

Choose a better brand. Yummylicious would make a lot more sense or even Yumlicious.

On the other hand, for any of those (even your Arizona-themed one) could there be TM issues due to Yumilicious?

ryan_uk, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Don't fight it when people try to help you out. Yuma ends in an "uh" sound, yummy ends in an "ee" sound - to me the association is made but it's not instinctive. Reminds me of when I spent an hour searching for "what if" and nothing came up. They hadn't (at that time) optimised for the actual words, only for their brand name. If people hear about your site they may end up not finding you.

As for the frozen yoghurt people - that would be enough to make me walk away. You don't want your brand confused (assuming you had plans for something better than a MFA site).

sarahk, Jan 5, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  9. phptechie

phptechie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I have a word of caution from my point of view

yumalicious dot com , you can split it like this as well "yu" "malicious" , so if people / visitors split the domain name like this , then it will definitely give you an negative impression , as you know malicious means "harmful" , if related to a website with this name , then this would be presumed to be a site with malicious scripts & people might avoid coming to your site from google search etc,..

This is just my suggestion , do not take it personal , rather think twice before investing too much time & money

Hope this helps :)

phptechie, Jan 5, 2014 IP
    dayvo likes this.
  10. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't mean to offend the original poster. I seriously dislike this domain name. Mainly because there are so many variations of yummylicious, yumilicious, yummalicious, yumalicious etc. Each variation is recognized via search engine results as both correct and incorrect. And in either form it's NOT something you can spell out if heard by word of mouth. It's also technically not a word but rather mumbo jumbo nonsense. You labeled this domain as "awesome" and made a reference suggesting this domain comes with a lucrative opportunity. I disagree entirely. I think you need to take a cold shower because you are little too excited to think clearly.

One time I registered an amazing domain name too. I was so stoked I actually designed a business around this domain name. Once the euphoric mood passed by I came to realize my domain was misspelled and there were WAY too many other ways to spell it. I made an intelligent decision to rename my new "business". After renaming the business I came to the realization that I never wanted to start this business in the first place. I only got excited about an "amazing" domain name. Needless to say, I never officially started that business and I moved on to other ventures that interested me based on my experience and preference, not because of some acquired domain name.

With that said, your domain sucks and whatever idea you come up with for it will not interest you and you will fail. =)

NetStar, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  11. ZevNoel

ZevNoel Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should go for a Recipe site .Personally i think its a good domain name. There is also a restaurant with the same name . If your business idea doesn't work then you can sell the domain to the restaurant.:)

ZevNoel, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  12. HorrorMovies

HorrorMovies Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have to admit that I didn't see it meaning Yummy either... I was totally confused as to why you were wanting to use it for a restaurant or recipe website seeing as the first thing that came to mind was travel... I'm not from the US either, I am from the UK and we use the word yummy a lot here.

HorrorMovies, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  13. bartainer

Best Answers:
    Thanks and agreed!

bartainer, Jan 6, 2014 IP