1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I would like to hear your opinion on automated directory submissions

Discussion in 'Directories' started by k state, Jan 1, 2014.

Hey digital point,

I was curious to hear your opinions on automated directory submissions services. I bought a 400$ software that did somewhere around 500,000 submissions and each site I used it on I noticed some serious SEO boosts, but at the same time any site I submitted to directories by hand I noticed greater SEO improvements, it just took longer. I usually submit people's sites for 15$ if anyone wants to try the automated submission, send me a pm. But my question for you all is have you had any luck with automated submissions in the past? Any good or bad stories? I've never had a site get banned using the software I bought, but wanted to hear your stories.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Sean

k state, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  2. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They suck.

If I was to submit to a web directory, I'd want to see if they had any editorial guidelines to read and follow, I'd check there top hits and latest links section to see if the title and descriptions make sense and even the URL goes to the intended target. Then I check a few random categories to see if anything is keyword stuffed in there. No longer will I use software to submit to web directories. No use submitting to a few hundred that will be parked domains in a few week's or slapped with a google penalty for being a link farm with no real value to the visitor.

snakeair, Jan 1, 2014 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  3. k state

k state Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah that's a good point, Idk the way I see it is I already bought the software and honestly I've never seen any negative effects from using it. But yeah that's a good point, if your going to submit, make it count..

Ps: not begging for likes, but it's been a pain in the butt getting to 3!!

k state, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  4. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Talking about automated directory submissions is like talking about having an AOL mail account. Its ancient history.

Nima, Jan 2, 2014 IP
    SliceOfLife likes this.
  5. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your just trying to sell your sleazy services!

stoner3221, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  6. k state

k state Member

Best Answers:
    Naw, I honestly have not used or tried to use it in a while. As someone said above, automation is outdated and I wanted to clarify this before I tried to sell it on this site. Thanks for the spamnation though chief.

k state, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  7. dadoflinks

dadoflinks Member

Best Answers:
    The automated submission does not have enough intelligence to identify the directories . Manual is best

dadoflinks, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  8. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    500,000 submissions all at once? Gosh, you think Google might flag that as unnatural link building?

Even if only 20% of the submissions are actually accepted, that's 100,000 listings all with the same description and link text (give or take the few directory owners who might actually rewrite them). You have heard of Penguin and Panda, right?

Furthermore, I would be hard pressed to find 100 general directories that I would consider worth submitting to. 500,000? I would imagine 90-95% or more of them are poorly run spamfests that having backlinks from will do far more harm than good.

I have found the Google rarely "bans" sites, they just drop them so far down in the SERPs that they slowly die from a lack of traffic.

YMC, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  9. Jacob Philip

Jacob Philip Member

Best Answers:
    You are right this post is meant for selling the service which is clearly from his words and software would not boost the SEO with only directory submission do you think it will?

Jacob Philip, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  10. Kelsey Smith

Kelsey Smith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Lol i don't believe it. Once your links cached by Google then you site may got penalized by Google.

Kelsey Smith, May 17, 2014 IP
  11. Tedel

Tedel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Automated submissions? Don't even try them. You will get flagged for spam.

Tedel, May 18, 2014 IP
  12. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    Want SE Penality on Google, Bing, Yahoo etc? then do Directory submission...

jazzyjmnote, May 28, 2014 IP
  13. nonar

nonar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly who is giving you order need to be out from the Internet.

nonar, May 29, 2014 IP
  14. spyrit

spyrit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hahaha, 500k directories, besides the fact that i doubt there are that many working directories, 99% of those must be complete spam. Sure, pay a little now to automatically submit to them so you pay a loooot more after for manually removing them :)

spyrit, May 29, 2014 IP
    Nima likes this.
  15. Anis Mizi

Anis Mizi Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure if the automated submission works for you. This type of software can't fulfil the submission page properly. On the other hand it only post to free directories and you will find most of the free directories as spam. So you have a chance to ge manual action penalty from Google. So submitting manually is the best option for directory submission.

Anis Mizi, Jun 5, 2014 IP