1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Magento question about orders

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by BuxP, Nov 5, 2013.

Hi,

Case: I am checking out some articles and I choose a payment option in checkout page. when I get redirected to the payment service provider page (for example paypal), the order gets registered in my backend. Even also if the order never gets paid or the customer decides to go back and choose another payment method, the order gets registered again with a new unique order ID (so twice now). So in the worst case the customer went forward and back a couple of times and never pays and I am stuck with xx orders that have decreased my inventory...

Is this normal? My programmers claims yes and that I have to cancel all unpaid orders.
    If it is normal: do there exist any extensions that automatic cancel orders that are not finished so that my inventory increases again.
    If it is not normal: can you suggest me someone or somewhere I can find a fix that prevents orders for getting registered if they are not completed?

BuxP, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  2. masterB

masterB Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is normal , some customers place the orders and then skip the checkout. Also create duplicated orders and just pay for one of them. You have to ignore these unpaid orders. I recommend you to change the order status to cancelled.

masterB, Jan 2, 2014 IP
    BuxP likes this.
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/delete-orders-2.html

This is fairly common behavior actually. The various order states in Magento can be a tad vexing but the above poster is correct.

Fair warning though, you have to be careful here or you can render your shop entirely useless if you get a duplicate order ID.

EDIT... sorry I gave you a link to something old. I have fixed the link in my thread to a current one.

I would certainly use a mod for this.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jan 2, 2014 IP
    BuxP likes this.
  4. Redberry-small

Redberry-small Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for pointing put this extension. It works!

Redberry-small, Jan 27, 2014 IP