1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best SEO Tools for 2014

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by echo_unlimited, Dec 31, 2013.

Hey all,

I just wanted to share a list of SEO tools that would be good for us SEOs to carry on using in 2014. There might be a few tools here that you haven't heard of, so this is why I put this list together.

Link:
    Best SEO tools for 2014

Let me know what you think. Also, please do mention other tools that have also been useful and you think will continue to be useful in 2014! :)

Thanks.

Solved! View solution.
    echo_unlimited, Dec 31, 2013 IP
  2. Adanwheel.uk

Adanwheel.uk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its like Better Than others but not complete.

Adanwheel.uk, Dec 31, 2013 IP
  3. apollo23

apollo23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow! Didnt know so many that i have not heard.

Lol

apollo23, Dec 31, 2013 IP
  4. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its worth for me. I really found some new and valuable tools that I can use to optimize my site. Thanks for sharing your list....

spyindiaankur, Dec 31, 2013 IP
  5. PremiumGFX

PremiumGFX Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All the 11 SEO tools in your list are great. Thx for sharing.

PremiumGFX, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  6. Julien@Hostabulous

Julien@Hostabulous Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Nice list thanks for sharing

Julien@Hostabulous, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  7. echo_unlimited

echo_unlimited Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to be updating the list every so often. I'll be adding ahrefs as another tool that is useful, but I didn't want to add too many backlink checking tools.

If there are any other tools then feel free to mention them, and I'll update the list with them to make this article more complete! :)

echo_unlimited, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  8. k state

k state Member

Best Answers:
    Hey pretty good list here, it's hard pointing out what works best, but they all provide unique value to ones we page.

k state, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  9. echo_unlimited

Best Answers:
    Indeed!

Do you have any tools that you'd be able to suggest that maybe some of us are missing out on? :)

echo_unlimited, Jan 1, 2014 IP
    Good post with some good tools but I would like to add some comments and tools of my own to your recommendations.

First, MajesticSEO shouldn't be listed as the backlink checker of choice. It should be Ahrefs.com. I use all of the backlink checkers regularly and Ahrefs.com has continued to prove itself as the best backlink checker on the market. Their index is the most thorough of all of the checkers, the websites usablity trumps the others (especially Majestic's), and the data is downright helpful.

The debate should be between MajesticSEO and Ahrefs though, as none of the others are worth mentioning or debating. Majestic's index is typically much smaller than Ahrefs on any domain I've encountered. In the event that Majestic does offer more links than Ahrefs it's usually because the links that Majestic show in the "fresh-index" are old and no longer exist. While all backlink checkers, Ahrefs included, Majestic's data is notoriously out-of-date.

From a usability standpoint there's no comparison to Ahrefs.com. The tool is fast and very easy to get data out of. As an example let's say you want to download a full backlink report for a domain. With ahrefs you can download the report in two clicks and specify how many links you want to download. Majestic on the other hand requires 10-15 steps before you can download a websites full backlink report. Even after going through that hassle you don't even have the option of downloading a portion of the backlink profile. Let's pretend I wanted to analyze the links of CNN.com but didn't want to download the tens of millions of links they have. Well you are out of luck and that's impossible. This means that generating one report for CNN.com could use ALL of your allowed credits for a single month. What a joke.

I would recommend switching Ahrefs for Majestic for checking backlinks.

SearchStatus plugin

I would add the searchstatus plugin to your tools as well, this is my number one SEO toolbar plugin for Firefox. It always works and offers a lightweight method of checking all sorts of SEO stats. With searchstatus you can check pagerank of the page easily, Google cache, alexa ranking, MOzrank, easily highligh nofollow links on the page, simple link reports (external/internal), keyword density on a page, and much more.

Scrapebox

Albeit a paid tool nothing can rival Scrapebox's functionality and massive power. While Scrapebox can be used for spamming it shoudln't be overlooked for that reason. I use Scrapebox everyday and haven't spammed a site in my life. Instead I'm able to harvest data on a massive scale. I can check pagerank of MILLIONS of pages without a problem. I can scrape Google for footprints that I find that are great locations for link building. The list is endless of what can be done with Scrapebox and it should be required in every serious SEOs toolbox.

CognitiveSEO vs Link Detox

Cognitive SEO is only OK. They do a pretty poor job of classifying links as you suggested they do and frankly are pretty expensive for the toolset they do offer. I would not recommend CognitiveSEO for link analysis. Instead I would recommend Link Detox for link analysis, but even then don't recommend it. Both tools are very overpriced when it comes down to it and their algorithms are rather simple and unsophisticated.

Link Removal Services

These days any serious SEO has to have a link removal service that they can depend on. With each new algorithm update Google places more and more emphasis on the backlink profile. I own hundreds of websites in more niches than you can believe. I also like to experiment with link building techniques that push the envelope, such as BuildMyRank, SAPE paid links, and many others. This has meant I've received my fair share of penalties, both manual and algorithm. This also means that I have spent way to much time on trying to remove links and cleanup penalties than I should have. I decided to eventually find a service provider that could handle this for me and do a great job at a competitive price. After going through several link removal services I now outsource my link removal efforts to linkdelete.com. I'd suggest adding their service to your website as well as every serious SEO company and consultant needs to have a go to source.

I have a few more tools and services I'll recommend later, got to get to bed.

tycho, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  11. Sathiya Kumar

Sathiya Kumar Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent tools and some of them are I already known and some are new.. Any how i just bookmarked you page :) :)

Sathiya Kumar, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  12. pia D'Alia

pia D'Alia Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't heard this ever.

pia D'Alia, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  13. santhoshreddi

santhoshreddi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, really good list, i just read your list and learn some new things from there

santhoshreddi, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  14. Irfan-khan

Irfan-khan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Such a nice list. A lot more thanks for spending time on it and making it useful for audience. thumb up to you

Irfan-khan, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  15. liffy

liffy Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing a great list of seo tools.

liffy, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  16. echo_unlimited

Best Answers:
    I haven't used Ahrefs.com too much, but found out the company I work at has a recurring subscription with them. So, I used it today. I agree that their index is the most thorough and their user interface makes it so much easier to find backlinks. Good shout on that one. I've added to the list, as the #1 choice backlink checker.

I think inconsistencies exist between all the major backlink checkers. It's good having choice. But I agree with your sentiment!

I'll give that whirl and might add it to the list.

I've only used ScrapBox a couple times on the VPS my company has, I'll definitely give it another whirl.

I've heard good things about CognitiveSEO, and it's ability to find unnatural links, which is why I've listed it here. I've seen some sites suffer quite badly due to the Penguin update and CongnitiveSEO has managed to get those sites out of trouble. But yes, it is a little expensive however useful.

I'll have a look at that.

Thanks a bunch Tycho. I appreciate the time you took to write that!

echo_unlimited, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  17. tycho

tycho Member

Best Answers:
    No problem I'm happy to help and am glad you took the time to share this post. It's important we all work together in 2014 as SEO has changed significantly and will do so this year. Let me know if you have any other questions.

tycho, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  18. afteronelove

afteronelove Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing. I'm trying it

afteronelove, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  19. nationhealth

nationhealth Active Member

Best Answers:
    some of sites are really great and have learned lots of thing from there - specially ahrefs used in exporing backlinking structure.

thnx dude...

nationhealth, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  20. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Content and Backlinks!

Pretty simple actually!

The only 2 tools you need. :)

GuruCreation, Jan 3, 2014 IP