1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have a domain.... but confused which subject should be place in it

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Ratul365, Jan 1, 2014.

My domain name campuseducation.in this is actually buy by my a client intended to publishing company. but that man has some problem with.....!!!@@@@!!###$.... so he does not interested any more. the domain is now in my hand and the name i most like... but i am confused which type of content should good for the name...

now the site going with Indian education system which i face a lot of problem with content....

If u guys have any idea for my new born baby, which career should she choose......

Ratul365, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    How about making it a website that can rate Indian colleges or universities by a variety of factors of interest to potential students? It could cover academices, sports, social life, etc. It could also offer a forum where current, past, and prospective students could connect and share information. You could also do a blog where you interview the admissions people from various of the colleges.

You would then sell advertising to colleges and universities that would like to be top of mind with prospective students who are looking. There are other businesses that would like to advertise to this student demographic, as well, of course.

If you build enough quality traffic by having quality content (research on the schools, etc.) you could pretty quickly launch a PR campaign with some of the results of your research as a "Top 10" list of schools. Here in the U.S., a major publication (US News & World Report) publishes a Top 50 list or something like that and it always gets a lot of news coverage.

Good luck!

jrbiz, Jan 1, 2014 IP
    Helge Sverre, Webcenter and dayvo like this.
  3. WebDeveloperSahil

WebDeveloperSahil Active Member

Best Answers:
    Put it on auction, get good amount and buy a good domain :D

WebDeveloperSahil, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  4. Jin Well

Jin Well Banned

Best Answers:
    let it drop... not of much use for you.

Jin Well, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  5. kingde

kingde Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Campus education could be more of a student services kind of thing.. since campus seems to more refer to life at the university. So it could be less business and more about social issues, health, job preparedness.

kingde, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  6. Numenorean7

Numenorean7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd try to sell it to someone who would make use of it.

Numenorean7, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  7. codi_milo

codi_milo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could start a website about education system in india.

codi_milo, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  8. dayvo

dayvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think @jrbiz nailed it with his response.

dayvo, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  9. pia D'Alia

pia D'Alia Member

Best Answers:
    since domain has a word "education". If i had this domain I would have surely go with an education subject.

pia D'Alia, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  10. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think selling it would make a good profit. I think you can list universities within India? Make money off of advertisers.

Chad Eztraffic, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  11. Webcenter

Webcenter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's a good domain, probably worth $100-$130 if you sell it.

Webcenter, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  12. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    School rating service. List out all schools, accept reviews, ratings, etc. Sell ad space.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  13. halille

halille Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i would make a forum and populate it, then advertise on indian campus, this can take off quickly when student start to post on it

halille, Jan 9, 2014 IP
  14. bujuk

bujuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    study the original content of the site, and rebuild your new site along the line.

bujuk, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  15. Mike Mountain

Mike Mountain Member

Best Answers:
    Write content people actually want to read.

Mike Mountain, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  16. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is a great domain name for a Local Blog. In this case you should focus a lot on your local community and then naturally attract other audiences.

So the recommendation here is to install a Blogging Platform on the Domain Name - or install any type of platform you want. Just make sure it's a simple and easy to use site. You are going to have to do a lot of consistent work without getting much results at the beginning and how long it takes to start getting results will depend on how much massive action you take.

You can make ANY domain name/blog successful if you just do A LOT of consistent work to build up the valuable content and the organic traffic that comes with it. There are a lot of things you will have to learn to drive as much traffic as possible to your blog - and this is a very important part for your success.

In regards to what your website should be about - it could be about Education on different subjects or specific subjects or just one subject. But I would build a blog about different subjects of Education. Now, what type of education? ... it could be something that interests you a lot and you could have a passion writing about very often and even better if you write daily.

I agree with @jrbiz ...

This is great advice. You can also make the site more like a Blog on different subjects and then have a section where you rate Indian Colleges, Universities, High Schools, Any Schools, Academies, what about Local Libraries? ....

Your site could be a very helpful tool for your community if you know how to create the valuable content and market the right way. You can also blog about a lot of things that anyone in the world can read - like articles about new things and new information. You want to also attract a broad audience from anywhere in the world.

At the same time you are providing valuable information for the internet user and for your Indian Community. You can really take this site very far online and make it a very authoritative website. It is all about the Value you will bring to the people online and around you AND also about how many people is finding your value online.

You have a lot of content to work with, with a broad blog site. It can be a good thing if you like to learn a lot about new things, new knowledge on a daily basis and write about them.

The reason why I highly recommend to build a blog site is because blogging will help you get traffic to your websites on auto-pilot. There is a lot of organic traffic from the search engines out there and we can all have our own piece of the pie -we just need to learn how to do it and just take massive action.

My best advise when you build your site is...

...to spend double or triple the time you spend on creating your valuable content - marketing that content....

What I mean here is that if you spent one hour creating a very valuable article for your blog then after publishing it you should spend about 2 to 3 hours marketing that blog post as much as possible. The content is as important as the marketing and the two go toe-to-toe so you need to master both.

Valuable content + Internet marketing

It all comes down to how bad you want to build a successful blog online...

...how much passion do you have to earn a living while doing what you love? ... sometimes we need to ask ourselves and think deep to find the real passions we have in life and just work hard to build whatever it is we want to build - it is easier to work for something you are very passionate about than for something you are obligated to do just to survive.

I hope this helps you with your decisions and you take your site to success!

I wish you the best success ever on your online journey! :D

Cheers! :cool:

Snoopy240, Jan 12, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  17. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think your client doesn't know how to start with this kind of domain. Providing content is really a problem in this kind of site, and you must focus on the location and optimize the site according to the trend with the Indian education system.

KylieSweet, Jan 12, 2014 IP