1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you need to learn or question you need answered in 2014?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Suckerpunch, Dec 31, 2013.

Hey folks,

We are all at different places in our online entrepreneurial journey and as I sat down to figure out some goals I'd like to achieve, I realized there's a lot that I intend to learn in 2014 to help me achieve my goals.

What do you intend to learn in 2014? Is it a new skill? A new piece of software? Or is there a nagging question that you've been looking for an answer for that you just haven't found yet?

For myself I intend to work much more on the community aspect in a couple of new projects that I'm working on. In the past I have had a successful forum where hundreds of people visited on a daily basis and shared their thoughts, interesting things they found around the Internet and a spot to hang out with other like minded people. Things got too business in my personal and professional life so I shut it down. Several years later I find that I really miss that and its something that I intend to build once again.

So my nagging question for 2014 will be how to build and engaged community of like minded individuals that people not only find useful but an essential part of their daily schedule.

What's your nagging question for the New Year?

Happy New Year folks!
    - Chris

Suckerpunch, Dec 31, 2013 IP
  2. chriswriter

chriswriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I need to start learning some PHP because I know how to setup a WP site (my site runs over Wordpress) but many times I need to tweak a feature or a theme of my liking and I'm very dumb at this, knowing how to make some changes but not really understanding how PHP works.

I need also to complete the setup of my blog because sadly I forgot to renew my domain and a cybersquatter snatched it leaving my blog in the limbo temporally, but now just setup back up again.

chriswriter, Jan 1, 2014 IP
    Suckerpunch likes this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I've always considered myself to be good at time management. If there is anyone who knows how to multi-task, it's me. But...as I become better at bringing in revenue I become worse at balancing my personal life.
    I need to relearn how to strike an effective balance between my work and personal life. If I end up sacrificing my social life in order to make more money in 2014, can it not be argued that I have lost my sense of priorities?

Spoiltdiva, Jan 1, 2014 IP
    Suckerpunch likes this.
  4. kingde

kingde Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I need to learn more of what people really need and create custom educational packages for them. So far it seems asking intelligent questions does two things: It can get good information, and it can make you look more of an expert if the questions are intelligent enough.

kingde, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  5. Greg Ramos

Greg Ramos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I need to learn how to focus on one project. I am a ultimate multi tasker but I know if I were to sit down plan and stick to that one thing then I can be very successful and find something that I would like doing or being involved in for the rest of my life. Aside from this I must learn how to take more time out of my life to spend it with family than staying behind a PC doing what I'm best at doing

Greg Ramos, Jan 1, 2014 IP
    Suckerpunch likes this.
  6. Suckerpunch

Suckerpunch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some great answers everyone!

I'm the same way unfortunately. I often joke that I have attention deficit disorder when it comes to business ideas and I have a whole whack of partially completed projects just sitting there waiting to be completed.

Suckerpunch, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  7. dayvo

dayvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Where's the friggin TV remote control?!

dayvo, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  8. OnTilt

OnTilt Peon

Best Answers:
    I need to learn alot of things. For the last 5 years I haven't really learned anything within the affiliate world, being happy to have a few sites online with a couple of affiliate links which potentially could make me some money. Since I've been lucky enough to earn some decent cash the last two months I decided to read "Building An Online Cash Cow" by Antony Barlow and o'boy what I've learned. The most important lesson is that I need to start putting the hours in, which I'm on top of already in the start of 2014.

Best of luck to all of you in your endeavours!

OnTilt, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  9. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    The only questions I want to know is if my projects will workout the way I want them to.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  10. Titus Warwick

Titus Warwick Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I really need to increase my skill at designing the actual website with WordPress. I have SO MANY phenomenal ideas for websites, graphics, marketing, videos, downloads, information, tools, articles, products, etc and I'm borderline inept with web design....very frustrating. Its like owning a brand new Harley that's sitting in your garage and you don't know how to ride it.

Web design FTW in 2014 baby. :)

Titus Warwick, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  11. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    My goal is to acquire some more skill in video editing and creating videos that go with my blog posts. I've found that having a video-recap of my posts increases the number of views for that post. What surprised me even more is that mentioning you have video-editing skills gets you a lot more freelance gigs. Now it's not just copywriting I can do on a freelance basis.

YJunK, Jan 15, 2014 IP