1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About directory submission

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ashutoshksingh, Dec 30, 2013.

lots of people told me directory submission is useless but some people suggest me it is fine & you can do this in high PR websites.But again few people told me PR is achieved by dirty tricks.My question is that how can i know which website is good for directory submission or one question is how can webmaster got high pr with tricks?

ashutoshksingh, Dec 30, 2013 IP
  2. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    High PR dir submission is a good tips to be ranked your sites.
    You can find a lot of such directories at directorycritic.

atsad, Dec 30, 2013 IP
  3. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Directories that are:
    Relevant to site or contain related sub directories,
    Which are frequently crawled by search engines,
    Which first review a site before including a site,
    Which are not amongst from the same server side directories,
    And yes which are of high PR. You can start from PR 2 sites.

spyindiaankur, Dec 30, 2013 IP
  4. santhoshreddi

santhoshreddi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Directory submission will works good for every website, must check the PR, DA and PA before submitting.
    you can check the back links for every website, Most of the websites submitted on Directories.
    I prefer directory submissions.

santhoshreddi, Dec 30, 2013 IP
  5. Sathiya Kumar

Sathiya Kumar Member

Best Answers:
    1. Check the Domain Authority of the directory before going to submit your site.
    2. Check whether that directory site has been penalized by Google (find that by search the home page URL in Google, if you don’t find the home page in any result means that site has been penalized by Google)
    3. First of all try to submit your website in top most directories like dmoz.org and dir.yahoo.com. If you get a backlink from these sites it will be good for your website and you don’t need to submit your link in all directory sites.
    4. Don’t choose a directory that easily allows you to submit your link because if you are submitting without any trouble then all spammers would also do that which will be a worst case for your site.
    5. I don’t think PR is not a big matter here because you can get more PR if you put your link in any high PR sites even though it’s not your niche site. So don’t choice a directory site based on the PR.
    6. If you are planning to do directory submission only for backlink then you can give more preference to other OFF-page methods. Because most of the directories are interlinked (hosted using same IP address) so if you submit in all those sites Google would consider that you are using Link farming method to promote your website and Google will banned you.

Sathiya Kumar, Dec 30, 2013 IP
  6. tycho

tycho Member

Best Answers:
    DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH DIRECTORIES.
    These are why my websites got penalized, I had my links added to directories by my SEO company and they ruined my rankings and I got a penalty by Google.
    Directories include:
    • Article directories
    • Link directories
    The days of buying a bunch of article and link directory links and ranking are over. My site was penalized for an Ezinearticles article for crying out loud!

tycho, Dec 31, 2013 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  7. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The ONLY Directory links I will even consider now days are niche directories with a decent and relevant url.

If I have a say... a bike shop in Denver Colorado I will only consider directories that are all bike related or Denver Colorado related. So the links are still relevant "bikes" and "Denver". But even at that you usually have a site that has basically no content and thousands of out bound links which is rather worthless.

All of this "directorylinks.com" "seolinkjuice.org" "dirmegaworld.info" with the same scraped DOMZ database and PR form dropped domains is waste of time. IMO

averyz, Dec 31, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  8. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes right now directory submission is useless! I will only help in increasing PR no ranking at all !!

John Dave, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  9. neelsharma

neelsharma Member

Best Answers:
    Check directory page rank, Alexa Rank, Traffic, Country Specific...

neelsharma, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  10. BusinessSpy

BusinessSpy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Directory submission is not top thing you have to do.
    First at all, for PR you have to have unique content, good keywords inside of that content and after that everything else are TRICKS.
    You can bring more visitors, add your link on others directories etc etc.
    But remember, you can't make a fool of Google :)

BusinessSpy, Jan 2, 2014 IP
    GFX2 likes this.
  11. bullfrogco

bullfrogco Member

Best Answers:
    If you think a directory can send good traffic to your site, it makes sense to submit. Don't just do it for link juice.

bullfrogco, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  12. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Directory submission is (relatively) useless for traffic, but still works for PR. Of course, PR is only one tiny part of your overall ranking. So all in all, directory submission is something to do for a bit of extra ranking boost, but not something I would spend a lot of time worrying about.

As far as getting high PR with tricks is concerned, they do things like redirecting a new domain to an existing, high-PR site. As soon as the PR updates, they sell on the domain - before the search engines realise it's not really a high-PR site and downrate it. Sneaky.

TIEro, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  13. liffy

liffy Member

Best Answers:
    Niche directories are still effective for website. You can use this footprints for relevant directories "website category" + "web directory".

liffy, Jan 2, 2014 IP