1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help!!! My site has the huge bounce rate....

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by SkyPreet, Dec 17, 2013.

1. James Ronald

James Ronald Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Than
    Thanks KS, I always using the same strategy

James Ronald, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  2. RandallT

RandallT Peon

Best Answers:
    Two things that will help immediately:

1) Post more videos on your website - videos keep peoples attention longer than text, especially if they are good videos
    2) Work on copywriting - make headlines that will grab the readers attention and make them stay. For a good starter guide on copywriting check out Neil Patel's "The Definitive Guide to Copywriting"

RandallT, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  3. baybay

baybay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    dont look at the bounce rate. what is your exit rate? part of your bounce rate is users moving from page to page. look at your exit rate and average time users are spent on your website. those are the two metrics are very important when trying to assess how users are receiving your website.

baybay, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  4. mollie.fr

mollie.fr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some of the techniques to reduce bounce rate is:
    1. Add internal links to top of your pages - One of the easiest ways to reduce your bounce rate is to introduce internal links to the top of your pages.
    2. Avoid excessive ads - One thing that really puts visitors off your site quickly is when they are greeted with excessive numbers of ads,so avoid excessive ads
    3.Build pages that load quickly - Make sure that your pages load as quickly as possible.

mollie.fr, Dec 24, 2013 IP
    I would say a couple of things others have suggested would be the most important to focus on. SEO and general tech are not suitable subjects together. Tech is focused toward a public and professional market in all kinds of fields and interests, while SEO has a very specific audience. So, you're not helping your bounce rate with people looking for tech reviews and seeing lots of content about SEO, which is something the majority will not understand or have any interest in.

Likewise in reverse, if I'm looking for SEO posts and I arrive on a site with lots of tech posts about the Mac I already own or the new gadget I have no interest in, I'll click out again and go to the next blog.

With design, I know others have said it looks professional and clean, but I would disagree. With so many themes available out there, this really doesn't impress. It's just a personal opinion, but I believe there are a lot of other themes which would look cleaner, more professional and more interesting to the reader.

As a side note, your branding is off the mark. The Facebook widget shows an "ace" for a logo, but that's not carried through on the site itself. I would suggest creating one logo for everything, and use it in various places to tie your social networking into your site.

Many bloggers completely forget branding and logos, but they are important if you want to create an identity and a following. You have to have something that readers and fans can identify as your symbol or mark.

I would also reduce the advertising. There have been suggestions in the past couple of years that Google responds badly to sites which slap up more than one advert on a main page, and especially if that advert is above the fold. I would reduce that to one advert, in the side, further down the page.

I would also suggest looking into speaking with a writer to refine your content. It's good, but there are a lot of errors and mistakes which could be turning people off too. Think about your audience, the largest are from English speaking nations, and reading a post with ten errors in the first paragraph is going to reduce interest and trust. I don't want to sound as though I'm selling, but we offer an editing service, and there are other copywriters out there who do too. It's usually not very expensive, and it could take just a day to have all of your content polished to be presented to a higher standard.

Good luck with it, you obviously have a dedication to this and want to develop your site. I wish you success with it :)

Conran, Dec 25, 2013 IP
    monfis likes this.
  6. Sabrina73

Sabrina73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a "tech" person, but I was quite engaged in reading the articles on your site, particularly about MAC computers, Ipads and smart phones, because I use these things. I do like quick fixes to a problem: "Top 10 ways to ...." With that said, I was slightly put off by some minor grammatical errors, but not enough to make me want to leave. The overall content and site design made me want to trust it. But also, the articles were fun to read. I think I will sign up for the newsletter! :)

Sabrina73, Dec 29, 2013 IP
  7. seoaudit013

seoaudit013 Active Member

Best Answers:
    the best way to reduce the ounce rate is - building internal links. It's a proven method which can ultimately help you t reduce the bounce rate. I have an example everybody will be agree with the same. Wikipedia has a good score for Internal linking which is ultimately helping them to reduce the bounce rate. use Internal Linking method, you will see the change in bounce rate.

seoaudit013, Dec 31, 2013 IP
  8. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that one of the best things to do is to link out to related articles, do this is by referring to previous relevant content in the first couple of paragraphs of a new post or page (to open in a new window so they don't lose the page they were on).
    You can also add "related reading" links at the bottom, even though you might have a related posts plug-in working too.
    You should also create an author box at the end of posts and pages, showing your image and a short bio, which can also link to a more comprehensive page about you, or listing all the posts by that author.

Another great tip is to create something that you can give away for nothing. If you can create a document that you think would be useful to your readers (perhaps about SEO) you can add something in the side bar offering it for free, so they click that and go to another page describing what it is and what they get, then you link that to a download page, or use the opportunity to gather subscribers for a newsletter and deliver it once they have joined. This will reduce bounce rate, and give you a growing subscriber list.

Conran, Dec 31, 2013 IP