1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Google trying to dominate the internet with G+

Discussion in 'Google+' started by Gerinja, Dec 8, 2013.

Seems like Google is trying to own the internet with Google+. It isn't enough to have the #1 search engine in the world, and best video sharing site (Youtube),but now, they want to compete with other social networks like Facebook, and Twitter?

I didn't mind G+ for those who wanted to sign up willingly. Unfortunately, if you are on youtube, you had to forcefully sign up with G+ because Google decided to integrate the two sites. I don't hate Google, but they seem power hungry, and I don't like that attitude.

Gerinja, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  2. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If Google does not do all these, FB and twitter will start eating the space of Google. End of day, its all about business, money!

kingofking, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  3. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course Google is trying to dominate social media too. They probably continue trying to do so.

Winagain, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  4. Andy Ramirez

Andy Ramirez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google+ performance is valid and reliable so far, its just that it needs to do a lot of things to level up with facebook and twitter.

Andy Ramirez, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  5. D.O.Beast

D.O.Beast Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I find that the way google has started to promote G+ is a little bit intrusive. They're forcing it. Sure, that might work for them, but I find that a lot of people have become angry at Google for doing that. This is especially evident within the YouTube community, where you are now required to have a google+ account if you want to comment.
    I guess all is well that ends well, though. I personally prefer G+ over Facebook, and would definitely make a permanent switch if more of my friends switched to G+ too.

D.O.Beast, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  6. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    Mmmm...never really thought about it. I just know you have to be careful that you're not automatically uploading all your mobile pictures. However, I find it to be a great resource for finding info about companies -- reviews and such unlike on FB.

Alyssa Lochmore, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  7. Natalie_25

Natalie_25 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For me the power of Google is becoming more and more omnipresent. I remember it was quite a shock when ads appeared in my Gmail account though now I know it was just a matter of time. In my opinion, a lot more is definitely to come.

As for G+, I still prefer Facebook. Maybe it's because I'm used to using the latter, but G+ seems more chaotic to me.

Natalie_25, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  8. rajeshn07

rajeshn07 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    G+ is more organized and sure it is catching up with many users.
    G+ communities is doing well.

rajeshn07, Dec 28, 2013 IP
  9. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    It seems like it, BUT Gary Vandurchuck just said in a book that he thinks that Google Plus is worthless.....

I am trying to use it but is way different then FB

sundaybrew, Dec 30, 2013 IP
  10. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I find it very convenient, that I can navigate all my Google services from a single account. I review my Gmail and instantly receive notifications on new events on Youtube, which might be interesting for me; I receive updates when somebody mentions me or my comments on YT or G+; I can share my docs via Google drive and my thought via circles.

Creating a social network was only a matter of time for google and I am sure it will be as popular as YT and as effficient as Google search.

That does not mean FB or Tw days are over... but actually... FB feeds are so annoying sometimes... I am tired of being given a ton of info I do not need just to communicate with my friends. I would move to G+ if they did, D.O.Beast is absolutely right on this

H0stZealot, Dec 30, 2013 IP
  11. Henry Calvin

Henry Calvin Member

Best Answers:
    remember one thing. For a business man. Too Much is Never Enough!!

Henry Calvin, Dec 31, 2013 IP
  12. baldonius

baldonius Member

Best Answers:
    I think the main way that Google Plus is getting bigger is the big effect that it has on SEO. People talk and write about all the benefits of Google Plus on SEO, but I've personally seen how beneficial Google +1s have for ranking pages. And I've personally seen big ranking improvements from attaching Google authorship to my pages, because my Google Plus profile shows me posting lots regularly about my website topics.

baldonius, Jan 4, 2014 IP